Using Jaws 14

Claudia

Hi,

Recently installed Jaws 14, on my Windows 7 64 bit laptop. I am currently
using version 12.

How do I I select Jaw 14 to come up, from now on, instead of Jaw 12?

When I go to select 14, Jaws 12 still remains up and running.

Thanks.

Claudia

PL <fxjc79@...>

Hi,
Press JAWS-key+F4 to close your current JAWS session.
Press windows-key+R to open 'run dialog' and type jaws14 and press enter.
This should work for you.
When JAWS14 runs probably startup wizard is going to work if not you need to
switch to JAWS window and open help menu where you can open this startup
wizard and tune-up your JAWS there.
Hth,
PL

Recently installed Jaws 14, on my Windows 7 64 bit laptop. I am currently
using version 12.

How do I I select Jaw 14 to come up, from now on, instead of Jaw 12?

When I go to select 14, Jaws 12 still remains up and running.

Thanks.

Claudia

Claudia

I tried running Jaws 14, but I keep being prompted to authorize the
software. When I do so, I'm told that activation has been successful.
However, it cycles through the process all over again.
What do I do now?
Thanks.

Claudia

Recently installed Jaws 14, on my Windows 7 64 bit laptop. I am currently
using version 12.

How do I I select Jaw 14 to come up, from now on, instead of Jaw 12?

When I go to select 14, Jaws 12 still remains up and running.

Thanks.

Claudia

Alex Stone <alexstone871@...>

Claudia, Sounds like a job for Freedom Scientific to me.
Cheers
Alex

Recently installed Jaws 14, on my Windows 7 64 bit laptop. I am currently
using version 12.

How do I I select Jaw 14 to come up, from now on, instead of Jaw 12?

When I go to select 14, Jaws 12 still remains up and running.

Thanks.

Claudia

Adrian Spratt

Claudia,

The general idea is that you need to close JAWS 12, load JAWS 14, then go to
JAWS basics to instruct JAWS to automatically run JAWS. There are several
possibilities how you do this, depending on how your system is set up, but
maybe these pointers will help.

1. Before closing JAWS 12, put focus in your desktop on the icon for JAWS
14. Close JAWS 12 with JAWS key+f4, confirming your choice with the enter
key. If you are using a desktop computer, the JAWS key is numpad insert.

2. Load JAWS 14 by pressing the enter key. This should work because you left
focus on the JAWS 14 icon. There may be several seconds of silence before
JAWS comes up speaking.

3a. Now you need to go to JAWS basics. Do you recall if you selected "Run
JAWS from system tray" when you installed JAWS 14? I'm guessing you didn't.
In that case, press alt-j and the JAWS menus will come up. You'll hear
"Options." Down arrow and you'll hear "basics." Press enter.

3b. If you do have JAWS running from the system tray, press JAWS key+j.
You'll hear Options." Press enter. Then you'll hear "basics," and press
enter again.

4. However you got here, you're now at "basics." Tab until you hear
"Automatically run JAWS" and press the spacebar to activate the checkmark.
On my system, this involves pressing tab only twice. Another checkbox is for
JAWS to run from the system tray, which I srfongly recommend, as I believe
most JAWS users do. Then tab several times to reach the OK button and press
spacebar or enter.

FYI, when you instruct one version of JAWS to run automatically, it
overrides the same command in any other version you have on your system.

Recently installed Jaws 14, on my Windows 7 64 bit laptop. I am currently
using version 12.

How do I I select Jaw 14 to come up, from now on, instead of Jaw 12?

When I go to select 14, Jaws 12 still remains up and running.

Thanks.

Claudia

Jimmy Jones

I get a similar message about JAWS authorization but infrequently. I was
told by someone from FS it had something to do with the anti-virus program I
was running. I restarted my computer and the problem was resolved. But I
never had the problem where it was asking for authorization all the time.
Still, you might want to check the anti-virus you're using.

Jimmy

Claudia, Sounds like a job for Freedom Scientific to me.
Cheers
Alex

Recently installed Jaws 14, on my Windows 7 64 bit laptop. I am currently
using version 12.

How do I I select Jaw 14 to come up, from now on, instead of Jaw 12?

When I go to select 14, Jaws 12 still remains up and running.

Thanks.

Claudia

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Which one was that?

I get a similar message about JAWS authorization but infrequently. I was told by someone from FS it had something to do with the anti-virus program I was running. I restarted my computer and the problem was resolved. But I never had the problem where it was asking for authorization all the time.
Still, you might want to check the anti-virus you're using.

Jimmy

Claudia, Sounds like a job for Freedom Scientific to me.
Cheers
Alex

Recently installed Jaws 14, on my Windows 7 64 bit laptop. I am currently using version 12.

How do I I select Jaw 14 to come up, from now on, instead of Jaw 12?

When I go to select 14, Jaws 12 still remains up and running.

Thanks.

Claudia

Jimmy Jones

Tren micro. Great program. Totally inaccessible.

Jimmy

Claudia, Sounds like a job for Freedom Scientific to me.
Cheers
Alex

Recently installed Jaws 14, on my Windows 7 64 bit laptop. I am currently
using version 12.

How do I I select Jaw 14 to come up, from now on, instead of Jaw 12?

When I go to select 14, Jaws 12 still remains up and running.

Thanks.

Claudia

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

A drag. After a rather chaotic 2 months, I'm back with AVG, and accessibility is good.