Changing labels in form fields?

john.falter

Could you use the JAWS dictionary to change the form fields?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Behler" <tombehler@...>
To: "Jaws users e-mail list" <jfw@...>
Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2013 1:40 PM
Subject: Fw: Changing labels in form fields?

I'm not sure if this made it to the list earlier today, so I'm re-posting just to be sure it gets through.

See below

From: "Gary King" <w4wkz@...>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@...>
Date: 02/04/2013 11:02 AM
Sent by: "Jfw" <jfw-bounces@...>

[...]

Ok,Adrian.

Well, I'll certainly give it another try.

I'm wanting to change the entry field labels in an amateur radio logging program, and, like I said earlier, I think the name of the field is outside the main content window, but I'm not sure exactly where it is.

I'll keepyou posted.

Tom Behler

Could you use the JAWS dictionary to change the form fields?

I am working with an amateur radio logging software program, and have
what I think is a pretty simple question:

How can I change the spoken labels for form fields?

The labels spoken in the software as it is now configured are a bit
cumbersome, and I want to customize them and make them shorter and
easier to identify as I tab from one data entry field to the next.

I have tried to find the answer in the Jaws help files, but have yet to
come up with a clear solution.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan

Tom Behler

Believe me, I know what you mean. In fact, I still use the good old Perkins Brailler when I am net control, and need to have quick and ready access to info on net participants.

The software in question is an amateur radio contest logging software program, though, that is a bit unique in design. It's purpose is simply taking and storing data for later contest scoring purposes.

Tom Behler

Tom Behler

From: "Gary King" <w4wkz@...>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@...>
Date: 02/04/2013 11:02 AM
Sent by: "Jfw" <jfw-bounces@...>

[...]

Londa Peterson

I wonder if prompt create would help you. I played with this feature a
little when it first came out, but I'm not an expert by any means. When
you're on the field you want to label, press insert+f2 and choose prompt
create. If I remember correctly, it's pretty simple to follow the prompts in
the dialog that comes up.

Could you use the JAWS dictionary to change the form fields?

I am working with an amateur radio logging software program, and have
what I think is a pretty simple question:

How can I change the spoken labels for form fields?

The labels spoken in the software as it is now configured are a bit
cumbersome, and I want to customize them and make them shorter and
easier to identify as I tab from one data entry field to the next.

I have tried to find the answer in the Jaws help files, but have yet
come up with a clear solution.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan

Harris.Robert@...

Good luck with that:0) Wonder if JAWS would work for you on echo Link?

From: "Tom Behler" <tombehler@...>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@...>
Date: 02/04/2013 06:11 PM
Sent by: "Jfw" <jfw-bounces@...>