Gmail

Robert Stigile <rstigile@...>

Hello All,
I have a question for anyone who can help.
I am running jaws 13 and using Gmail.
When I go to internet explorer, then type in gmail.com it will take me to my inbox.
If I open a e-mail and then want to read it, it used to be that I would press insert 2 and jaws would start reading the e-mail, but now it does not.
Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get Jaws to continuously read the e-mail.
Thank you,

Robert Stigile
phone: 818-381-9568
e-mail: rstigile@gmail.com
Skype: robertstigile1
Twitter: rstigile

Jacob

Make sure Numlock is turned off or use Insert+Arrow down.

OZ0TE Jacob
Skype-ID: Jacob-DK

On 2013 01 26 17:30, Robert Stigile wrote:
Hello All,
I have a question for anyone who can help.
I am running jaws 13 and using Gmail.
When I go to internet explorer, then type in gmail.com it will take me
to my inbox.
If I open a e-mail and then want to read it, it used to be that I would
press insert 2 and jaws would start reading the e-mail, but now it does
not.
Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get Jaws to continuously read
the e-mail.
Thank you,

Robert Stigile
phone: 818-381-9568
e-mail: rstigile@gmail.com
Skype: robertstigile1
Twitter: rstigile

Debi Black <debiblackaz@...>

I know for me, I have to do a links list, and then click on "Basic HTML". If I do not click this link, the emails do not open up for me.

[...]

Kevin Lee <kleeva5@...>

what operating system are you using, if its windows 7 I think its better to use windows live mail and just forget webmail.
live mail can be configured with gmail.

[...]

Tom Lange

Hi Robert,
I assume that you know about Basic HTML, right? If not, bring up your links list and click on the link that says "basic HTML". Then, to ensure that GMail stays in this mode next time you sign in, there's also a link or button, I forget which, that sets Basic HTML as the default.

All right, having set that up properly, open a message, go to the top or bottom of the resulting page; it really doesn't matter. Do a shift+h to get to the last heading, where the message is being displayed. Press n to get past the link cluster that includes forward, reply, reply to all and print, then you can do an insert+down arrow to read the text of the message. I show this procedure to all of my students and it works like a champ.

Hope this helps.

Tom

I have a question for anyone who can help.
I am running jaws 13 and using Gmail.
When I go to internet explorer, then type in gmail.com it will take me to my inbox.
If I open a e-mail and then want to read it, it used to be that I would press insert 2 and jaws would start reading the e-mail, but now it does not.
Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get Jaws to continuously read the e-mail.
Thank you,

Robert Stigile
phone: 818-381-9568
e-mail: rstigile@gmail.com
Skype: robertstigile1
Twitter: rstigile

Tom Lange

Hi,
If you have Microsoft Outlook, use that instead; it's much more robust and, if you're using a note-taker or IOS device, you can sync your calendar and contacts on the PC and the device. To me, Windows Live Mail is just clunky and isn't particularly well-behaved, especially if you like to copy or move messages between folders; you can't use first-letter navigation for folder selection. That, frankly, is a pain in the neck.

Tom