Window live messenger help Jaws 12 and 13

O.Addison Gethers

Hi All,
Does anybody have window live messenger? If anybody do ,I need your help because jaws isn't reading the option menu let me explain what I'm looking for ,when you are in main window of window live messenger window then you press alt + t for tool menu then press letter o for option then you will hear it's say type the name you want other to see ,if you press shift + tab then it's will say general page 1 of 11 when I try to down arrow to each item jaws isn't reading each item so Can anyone tell me what is all the items saying after general page from 1 thru 11? I'm using desktop computer with window xp home edition. I will appreciated if anyone could help me.

O. Addison Gethers

e-mail address
oag1rottie@hotmail.com
O.AddisonGethers@gmail.com

Facebook
oag1rottie@hotmail.com

Nickus de Vos <bigboy529@...>

Hi
I can't help you with your problem but can give you a headsup and some
advice. Don't bother with windows messanger rather switch to sending
messages in skype. The reason I say this is because windows will be
discontinueing windows messanger and from the 15th of March it will
stop working because they want people to rather use skype.

On 1/10/13, O.Addison Gethers <o.addisongethers@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Addison. This doesn't cure the problem, but try this. Instead of just using the arrows, use the JAWS-Key plus the number 8 key on the numpad. It should read the current item. Then use the down-arrow to move to the next item. It won't speak the item. Use the JAWS-Key again with the 8 key on the num-pad to read that item. You should be on the second item and JAWS should read that item when the JAWS-Key plus 8 combination is pressed. Continue with the down-arrow key and the JAWS-Key combination as described.

I hope this works for you.
Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7879 (20130110) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7879 (20130110) __________

http://www.eset.com

O.Addison Gethers

Thanks for telling me this because I did receive the e-mail from microsoft saying add window live messenger to skype.

O. Addison Gethers

e-mail address
oag1rottie@hotmail.com
O.AddisonGethers@gmail.com

Facebook
oag1rottie@hotmail.com

I can't help you with your problem but can give you a headsup and some
advice. Don't bother with windows messanger rather switch to sending
messages in skype. The reason I say this is because windows will be
discontinueing windows messanger and from the 15th of March it will
stop working because they want people to rather use skype.

On 1/10/13, O.Addison Gethers <o.addisongethers@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> Does anybody have window live messenger? If anybody do ,I need your help
> because jaws isn't reading the option menu let me explain what I'm looking
> for ,when you are in main window of window live messenger window then you
> press alt + t for tool menu then press letter o for option then you will
> hear it's say type the name you want other to see ,if you press shift + tab
> then it's will say general page 1 of 11 when I try to down arrow to each
> item jaws isn't reading each item so Can anyone tell me what is all the
> items saying after general page from 1 thru 11? I'm using desktop computer
> with window xp home edition. I will appreciated if anyone could help me.
>

> O. Addison Gethers
>
> e-mail address
> oag1rottie@hotmail.com
> O.AddisonGethers@gmail.com
>
> Facebook
> oag1rottie@hotmail.com

O.Addison Gethers

Hi Bill,
I hope I understand you correctly,Are you saying press jaws key + 8 on numb pad right?

O. Addison Gethers

e-mail address
oag1rottie@hotmail.com
O.AddisonGethers@gmail.com

Facebook
oag1rottie@hotmail.com

> Does anybody have window live messenger? If anybody do ,I need your help
> because jaws isn't reading the option menu let me explain what I'm looking
> for ,when you are in main window of window live messenger window then you
> press alt + t for tool menu then press letter o for option then you will
> hear it's say type the name you want other to see ,if you press shift +
> tab then it's will say general page 1 of 11 when I try to down arrow to
> each item jaws isn't reading each item so Can anyone tell me what is all
> the items saying after general page from 1 thru 11? I'm using desktop
> computer with window xp home edition. I will appreciated if anyone could
> help me.
>

> O. Addison Gethers
>
> e-mail address
> oag1rottie@hotmail.com
> O.AddisonGethers@gmail.com
>
> Facebook
> oag1rottie@hotmail.com

> signature database 7879 (20130110) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7879 (20130110) __________

http://www.eset.com

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Yes, Addison, this is correct.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7881 (20130110) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7881 (20130110) __________

http://www.eset.com

O.Addison Gethers

Hi Bill,
I did what you suggest me to do and it didn't work for me. Can you send me 1 thru 11 items what it's say in there? I remember first one say general page You can send it to me at oag1rottie@hotmail.com and thank you.

O. Addison Gethers

e-mail address
oag1rottie@hotmail.com
O.AddisonGethers@gmail.com

Facebook
oag1rottie@hotmail.com

> I hope I understand you correctly,Are you saying press jaws key + 8 on
> numb pad right?
>
> O. Addison Gethers
>
> e-mail address
> oag1rottie@hotmail.com
> O.AddisonGethers@gmail.com
>
> Facebook
> oag1rottie@hotmail.com

Hi, Addison. I do not have Windows Live Messenger installed on my computers now that skype is using the Messenger format, so I cannot send you the items list.

I am sorry that I am unable to be of further help.

<jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
> Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 4:39 PM
> Subject: Window live messenger help Jaws 12 and 13
>

> > Hi All,
> > Does anybody have window live messenger? If anybody do ,I need your
> help
> > because jaws isn't reading the option menu let me explain what I'm
> looking
> > for ,when you are in main window of window live messenger window
then
> you
> > press alt + t for tool menu then press letter o for option then you
> will
> > hear it's say type the name you want other to see ,if you press
shift +
> > tab then it's will say general page 1 of 11 when I try to down arrow
> > each item jaws isn't reading each item so Can anyone tell me what is
> all
> > the items saying after general page from 1 thru 11? I'm using
desktop
> > computer with window xp home edition. I will appreciated if anyone
> could
> > help me.
> >

> > O. Addison Gethers
> >
> > e-mail address
> > oag1rottie@hotmail.com
> > O.AddisonGethers@gmail.com
> >
> > Facebook
> > oag1rottie@hotmail.com

> > signature database 7879 (20130110) __________

> > http://www.eset.com

> signature database 7879 (20130110) __________

> http://www.eset.com

> signature database 7881 (20130110) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7881 (20130110) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7881 (20130110) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7881 (20130110) __________

http://www.eset.com

O.Addison Gethers

Hi Bill,
That's ok and thanks for trying to help me.

O. Addison Gethers

e-mail address
oag1rottie@hotmail.com
O.AddisonGethers@gmail.com

Facebook
oag1rottie@hotmail.com

> I did what you suggest me to do and it didn't work for me. Can you send me
> 1 thru 11 items what it's say in there? I remember first one say general
> page You can send it to me at oag1rottie@hotmail.com and thank you.
>
> O. Addison Gethers
>
> e-mail address
> oag1rottie@hotmail.com
> O.AddisonGethers@gmail.com
>
> Facebook
> oag1rottie@hotmail.com

Steve Boodram

Hi, not sure if my question is laughable but is Windows messaging different from wlm? I mean would wlm also be discontinues?

[...]

Hi Nickus,
I know what you mean ,however I will get sighter person to tell me what is on the option menu where it's say general page 1 of 11 !! I'm not going to download the latest skype to add window live messenger in there.

O. Addison Gethers

oag1rotttie@hotmail.com

Facebook
oag1rottie@hotmail.com

I can't help you with your problem but can give you a headsup and some
advice. Don't bother with windows messanger rather switch to sending
messages in skype. The reason I say this is because windows will be
discontinueing windows messanger and from the 15th of March it will
stop working because they want people to rather use skype.

On 1/10/13, O.Addison Gethers <o.addisongethers@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> Does anybody have window live messenger? If anybody do ,I need your help
> because jaws isn't reading the option menu let me explain what I'm looking
> for ,when you are in main window of window live messenger window then you
> press alt + t for tool menu then press letter o for option then you will
> hear it's say type the name you want other to see ,if you press shift + tab
> then it's will say general page 1 of 11 when I try to down arrow to each
> item jaws isn't reading each item so Can anyone tell me what is all the
> items saying after general page from 1 thru 11? I'm using desktop computer
> with window xp home edition. I will appreciated if anyone could help me.
>

> O. Addison Gethers
>
> e-mail address
> oag1rottie@hotmail.com
> O.AddisonGethers@gmail.com
>
> Facebook
> oag1rottie@hotmail.com

Peter Holdstock <ptrholdstock@...>

It's not normal for jaws not to read those tab headings your not able to read. Have you tried restarting the PC? As previously mentioned though just switch to skype. I also use the skype talking scripts but I don't think they are needed really but they do give you some useful additional info which I don't think you get from just using skype such as notifications autmoatically read out. Maybe someone can tell us if jaws does it anyway without skype talking scripts?

Peter