Safe Mode With Audio

Carlos Medrano

Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to fix my frends PC. The problem is that the only way it will
work is in safe mode. Is there a way to load audio drivers in safe mode?

Carlos

Kenny Peyattt jr.

On 12/22/2012 9:52 PM, Carlos Medrano wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to fix my frends PC. The problem is that the only way it will
work is in safe mode. Is there a way to load audio drivers in safe mode?

Carlos

Yes. Carlos, can you write me off list?

Dondi

Hello,

Here's what I have for using JAWS in safe mode. The first thing you will
have to do is download the registry key from my drop box and then install it
and follow the following procedure. This worked like a dream with Windows 7
and JAWS 13.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/60716643/Activate%20Sound%20in%20SafeMode.reg

This is how you boot into safe mode after the registry keys are installed:
Press Windows+R to start the run dialog box.
Type msconfig in to the run dialog edit box and press enter.
When the configuration dialog box opens control+tab to the boot tab.
Tab down to boot options boot into safe mode and check this.
Tab down once and you will land on a radial button.
The options are minimal or network.
Choose Network if you want to boot into safe mode with network support.
Other wise choose minimal.
Tab down to OK and press space bar.
A dialog box will open saying Windows needs to restart tab to restart and
press space bar.
Your computer will restart and boot into safe mode which you will hear some
kind of jingle when windows starts. Wait for a minute or two as everything
loads slowly in safe mode so wait for your desktop to load.
Start JAWS.

When you are done in safe mode do the following other wise your computer
will just boot into safe mode over and over again.
Press Windows+R to start the run dialog box.
Type msconfig in to the run dialog edit box and press enter.
When the configuration dialog box opens control+tab to the boot tab.
Tab down to boot options boot into safe mode and uncheck this.
The default key is OK so just press enter.

Dondi
We are the music makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams,

On 12/22/2012 9:52 PM, Carlos Medrano wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to fix my frends PC. The problem is that the only way it
will work is in safe mode. Is there a way to load audio drivers in safe
mode?

Carlos

scrubbed...

Carlos Medrano

The problem is that I can only load windows from the F8 boot menu. I have
enough vision to tell that jaws loads but no audio driver loads, so I have
no audio.

On 12/22/2012 9:52 PM, Carlos Medrano wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to fix my frends PC. The problem is that the only way it
will work is in safe mode. Is there a way to load audio drivers in
safe
mode?

Carlos

scrubbed...

Peter Holdstock <ptrholdstock@...>

If your running windows 7 I have a registry key fix which will allow you to have audio while in safe mode. I'm not sure how well jaws runs with it as I assume the mirror display driver wont be available. Email me off list to peterholdstock@msn.com and I'll send it to you if you wish.

Peter

The problem is that I can only load windows from the F8 boot menu. I have
enough vision to tell that jaws loads but no audio driver loads, so I have
no audio.

On 12/22/2012 9:52 PM, Carlos Medrano wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to fix my frends PC. The problem is that the only way it
will work is in safe mode. Is there a way to load audio drivers in
safe
mode?

Carlos

scrubbed...

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

If it's the one I grabbed years back, NVDA will work with it.

The problem is that I can only load windows from the F8 boot menu. I have
enough vision to tell that jaws loads but no audio driver loads, so I have
no audio.

On 12/22/2012 9:52 PM, Carlos Medrano wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to fix my frends PC. The problem is that the only way it
will work is in safe mode. Is there a way to load audio drivers in
safe
mode?

Carlos

scrubbed...

Carlos Medrano

As long as I get the audio driver loaded, I'll be fine. But the thing is How
can I apply a registry key to the computer and windows won't even boot in
normal mode.

Carlos

If it's the one I grabbed years back, NVDA will work with it.

The problem is that I can only load windows from the F8 boot menu. I have
enough vision to tell that jaws loads but no audio driver loads, so I have
no audio.

On 12/22/2012 9:52 PM, Carlos Medrano wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I'm trying to fix my frends PC. The problem is that the only way it
will work is in safe mode. Is there a way to load audio drivers in
safe
mode?

Carlos

scrubbed...

Carlos Medrano

I got it working.
This is what I did:
1. I renamed the file that I downloaded from dondi's dropp box to "a.reg"
2. saved the file on a flash drive
3. plugged the flash drive into my frends PC
4. booted safe mode.
5. signed into windows.
6. pressed windows+r to open the run dialog.
7. Since I didn't know the drive letter that windows assigned to my flash
drive, I tried 3 drive letters.
8. Windows decided to assign h: to my flash drive, so I typed H:\a.reg.
9. I pressed alt+r to run
10. then press alt+y to pass UAK.
11. pressed enter again.
12. rebooted the computer in safe mode and It worked!
!!!!!!!!!
I was able to load jaws on my frends pc with no problems.

Thank you all for helping me out With my little problem,

Carlos