good registry cleaner

cecropia64

HI FOLKS. DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY GOOD SUGGESTIONS FOR AN ACCESIBLE REGISTRY CLEANER THAT ALSO HAPPENS TO BE FREE OR AT LEAST HAS A TRIAL VERSION. THANKS

Aidan Maher <aidan.smarttalk@...>

I also would like to no, since most of them seem to mess things up
rather than cleaning the necessary files. And also a drive wiper? But
just not CCleaner. That really is not good for jaws users, maybe
accessible, but it remove things you need and sometimes can affect
jaws also.

On 16/12/2012, cecropia64@att.net <cecropia64@att.net> wrote:
HI FOLKS. DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY GOOD SUGGESTIONS FOR AN ACCESIBLE
REGISTRY CLEANER THAT ALSO HAPPENS TO BE FREE OR AT LEAST HAS A TRIAL
VERSION. THANKS

Doris and Chris

The registry cleaner part of c-cleaner is good and free. Also, if you google for the free version of Abexo registry cleaner is this good also.

hth

Doris

At 01:32 PM 12/16/2012 -0500, you wrote:
HI FOLKS. DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY GOOD SUGGESTIONS FOR AN ACCESIBLE REGISTRY CLEANER THAT ALSO HAPPENS TO BE FREE OR AT LEAST HAS A TRIAL VERSION. THANKS

Dave...

CCleaner is by far the best I've used. Very easy to understand the interface
and accessible.

Dave Carlson

HI FOLKS. DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY GOOD SUGGESTIONS FOR AN ACCESIBLE
REGISTRY CLEANER THAT ALSO HAPPENS TO BE FREE OR AT LEAST HAS A TRIAL
VERSION. THANKS

cecropia64

THANKS TO DAVE AND EVERYBODY WHO RESPONDED TO MY INITIAL INQUIRY. I DID END UP GETTING C-CLEANER AND IT DID WHAT I NEEDED. THANKS FOLKS. STEWART

CCleaner is by far the best I've used. Very easy to understand the interface
and accessible.

Dave Carlson

HI FOLKS. DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY GOOD SUGGESTIONS FOR AN ACCESIBLE
REGISTRY CLEANER THAT ALSO HAPPENS TO BE FREE OR AT LEAST HAS A TRIAL
VERSION. THANKS

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

I have a question, which you can answer off list if you like. I never used that product, because I never figured out if you were supposed to check the boxes you wanted rid of, or the ones you wanted to keep. A miscalculation like that was something I didn't want to risk. I use to use the one that came with Norton Utilities under 98. It worked fine until one day when it didn't; what a mess!

Ted

THANKS TO DAVE AND EVERYBODY WHO RESPONDED TO MY INITIAL INQUIRY. I DID END UP GETTING C-CLEANER AND IT DID WHAT I NEEDED. THANKS FOLKS. STEWART
CCleaner is by far the best I've used. Very easy to understand the
interface and accessible.

Dave Carlson

HI FOLKS. DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY GOOD SUGGESTIONS FOR AN ACCESIBLE
REGISTRY CLEANER THAT ALSO HAPPENS TO BE FREE OR AT LEAST HAS A TRIAL
VERSION. THANKS

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Ted. You check the boxes of the ones you want the registry cleaner to monitor. If the cleaner monitors those items and they appear to be invalid or unused, it will delete them.

Thank you.
Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7808 (20121217) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7808 (20121217) __________

http://www.eset.com

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Okay, thanks; that doesn't sound too risky. I might try it again somewhere down the line.

[...]

David Hardingham

Hi,

Regarding the registery cleaner, can someone tell me the advantages of doing a registery clean?

Thanks,

David

[...]

Wel, when I used CCleaner, I went in the registry cleaner and pressed
on fix issues and the more often I did that to speed things up, the
more damage my system got. So maybe I am only suppose then to use it
when I have a huge problem or slow down. Once it completely deleted
all my SAPI voices and even I couldn't open speech in control panel.
Weerd. But there are advantages when you really have a problem or just
alot of errirs or a slow system. But you should be carefull with it,
it could be harmfull if you don't use it wel and no what you doing.

On 17/12/2012, David Hardingham <jarhead55@roadrunner.com> wrote:
Hi,

Regarding the registery cleaner, can someone tell me the advantages of doing

a registery clean?

Thanks,

David

THANKS TO DAVE AND EVERYBODY WHO RESPONDED TO MY INITIAL INQUIRY. I DID END

UP GETTING C-CLEANER AND IT DID WHAT I NEEDED. THANKS FOLKS. STEWART
CCleaner is by far the best I've used. Very easy to understand the
interface and accessible.

Dave Carlson

HI FOLKS. DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY GOOD SUGGESTIONS FOR AN ACCESIBLE
REGISTRY CLEANER THAT ALSO HAPPENS TO BE FREE OR AT LEAST HAS A TRIAL
VERSION. THANKS

Rose Combs <rosecombs@...>

For some the interface is easy, for some it is not and I don't find it easy,
it wiped all my cookies once and I never figured out how to have it make
exclusions or whatever they want to call it.

Rose Combs
rosecombs@Q.com