how much memory do you need for Jaws 14?

Lauren

Hi,

Thanks to all for your advice so far. One other question if I am going to use Windows 8 & Jaws 14, would a not expandable 8GB RAM be enough to run both well & antivirus? BTW, which antivirus is most Jaws friendly?

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Lauren

Aidan Maher <aidan.smarttalk@...>

If you run 32bit then even 2 gig ram should help. Just have a good
amount of space on your harddrive. Maybe 500 gig or more. Don't put to
much ram if you not going to use it or have the budget. It would be a
waste. For the stuff you want to do, 2 to 4 gig ram could be fine,
also depend on 32/64bit.

On 03/12/2012, Lauren <lotusrising@verizon.net> wrote:
Hi,

Thanks to all for your advice so far. One other question if I am going to
use Windows 8 & Jaws 14, would a not expandable 8GB RAM be enough to run
both well & antivirus? BTW, which antivirus is most Jaws friendly?

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Lauren

emma goodwin <emma.sleeptalk@...>

On windows 8, it already has essentials so you don't actually need a
virus program as its already there.

On 12/3/12, Lauren <lotusrising@verizon.net> wrote:
Hi,

Thanks to all for your advice so far. One other question if I am going to
use Windows 8 & Jaws 14, would a not expandable 8GB RAM be enough to run
both well & antivirus? BTW, which antivirus is most Jaws friendly?

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Lauren
SleepTalk in action

Lauren

What about a 64 bit?

Sincerely,

Lauren

If you run 32bit then even 2 gig ram should help. Just have a good
amount of space on your harddrive. Maybe 500 gig or more. Don't put to
much ram if you not going to use it or have the budget. It would be a
waste. For the stuff you want to do, 2 to 4 gig ram could be fine,
also depend on 32/64bit.

On 03/12/2012, Lauren <lotusrising@verizon.net> wrote:
Hi,

Thanks to all for your advice so far. One other question if I am going to
use Windows 8 & Jaws 14, would a not expandable 8GB RAM be enough to run
both well & antivirus? BTW, which antivirus is most Jaws friendly?

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Lauren

Aidan Maher <aidan.smarttalk@...>

You rite, except that its not essensiols but windows defender. They
change it to be both a spy where and anti virus, but if you want to
instal another antivirus you can, and defender will switch off.

On 03/12/2012, emma goodwin <emma.sleeptalk@gmail.com> wrote:
On windows 8, it already has essentials so you don't actually need a
virus program as its already there.

On 12/3/12, Lauren <lotusrising@verizon.net> wrote:
Hi,

Thanks to all for your advice so far. One other question if I am going to
use Windows 8 & Jaws 14, would a not expandable 8GB RAM be enough to run
both well & antivirus? BTW, which antivirus is most Jaws friendly?

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Lauren

SleepTalk in action

Aidan Maher <aidan.smarttalk@...>

Wel, you don't always need 64bit, its mostly used for more powerfull
pc's with 16 gig ram or more and for highly powerful processing tasks.
So unless if you doing something more technical wich require alot of
programs to be open and take alot of power and cpu, then I guess you
won't need that. 32bit is fine for most people.

On 03/12/2012, Aidan Maher <aidan.smarttalk@gmail.com> wrote:
You rite, except that its not essensiols but windows defender. They
change it to be both a spy where and anti virus, but if you want to
instal another antivirus you can, and defender will switch off.

On 03/12/2012, emma goodwin <emma.sleeptalk@gmail.com> wrote:
On windows 8, it already has essentials so you don't actually need a
virus program as its already there.

On 12/3/12, Lauren <lotusrising@verizon.net> wrote:
Hi,

Thanks to all for your advice so far. One other question if I am going
use Windows 8 & Jaws 14, would a not expandable 8GB RAM be enough to run
both well & antivirus? BTW, which antivirus is most Jaws friendly?

Thanks,

Sincerely,

Lauren

SleepTalk in action

emma goodwin <emma.sleeptalk@...>

Hey, does my suggestion help or do you want to use other virus
programs.. I understand Aidan is alot of help but I throw out ideas
and I don't know if you can use them or not. I never get feedback back
and understand Aidan knows more but I just wondered if tht helped you
at all.

[...]

Ok, you told me its essentials but defender then.

--
SleepTalk in action

Harris.Robert@...

Emma, your helping out in ways that don't always get back to you.

Others like me have our hands full and just read along and pick up
things along the way and ask only burning questions.
So when you make suggestions some of us write them down and use them for
talking points in our work environment so we can add value, wrestle for
promotion and award and keep our jobs. and,,, that is what JAWS (jobs
accommodation with speech) is.

So, Smile and be happy Your all good

Bobby and Prince

From: emma goodwin <emma.sleeptalk@gmail.com>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Date: 12/03/2012 12:20 PM
Sent by: "Jfw" <jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com>

[...]

Thanks. I think Aidan is cool but we all add to this conversation.
Aidan doesn't know everything but surr I'll try relax. I just
sometimes try to help and I don't know if its always helpful but maybe
I came across to strong. Thanks anyways though, I'll try just do my
best.

On 12/3/12, Harris.Robert@epamail.epa.gov <Harris.Robert@epamail.epa.gov> wrote:

[...]

Everyone adds great value out here.
Sometimes it does contradict what another says but that is a good thing,
different experiences, ideas, and, levels of vision. Nice to hear how
JAWS works for people with non vision disability too.

Bobby and back to running Prince

http://lists.the-jdh.com/pipermail/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com/attachments/20121203/1bd86f4d/attachment.html