moderated Windows10 alarm how to turn it off

Nino Dagostino

Good morning:

I tried using the windows10 alarm, I used it with kortanna.

When the alarm sounds I lost speech.

I was wondering if any one new the keystroke to dismiss the alarm?

Any help would be appreciated.

Have a good day.

Nino,

           Shockingly, there does not appear to be a way to dismiss an Alarm via the keyboard.  There is a Q&A thread on answers.microsoft.com about this dating from January this year, and as of that time there was no functionality to allow an alarm to be snoozed or dismissed via the keyboard.  One has to activate one of the buttons in the Alarm dialog that displays.

           I have just finished creating a Feedback Hub submission regarding the Alarm function and the need to be able to snooze or dismiss via keyboard shortcuts and, ideally, touch gestures for touch enabled devices.   You might want to go into Feedback Hub and do an upvote and submit a reply.

         ~ Mark Twain

Nino,

          Still "no cigar" but at least something close.  Joseph Lee informed me that WinKey+V would dismiss the alarm, but it doesn't.  What it does do, though is to place focus on the alarm notification when it's sounding.  TABbing three times after hitting WinKey+V will place focus on the Snooze button while four times lands you on the Dismiss button.

          Hope this helps at least somewhat.

         ~ Mark Twain

Even better addition by someone on the Win10 for Screen Reader Users group.  Once you hit WinKey+V to gain focus on the notification then hit the Delete key.  Regardless of what the notification is for, Alarm or otherwise, the Delete key press will dismiss it if you have focus on it.

         ~ Mark Twain

Nino Dagostino

Thanks a lot I will give it a try.

Have a good day.

This group is always so helpful very mutch appreciated.

Even better addition by someone on the Win10 for Screen Reader Users group.  Once you hit WinKey+V to gain focus on the notification then hit the Delete key.  Regardless of what the notification is for, Alarm or otherwise, the Delete key press will dismiss it if you have focus on it.

         ~ Mark Twain

Nino Dagostino

Hi:

Do I tap the tab key three times I wasn’t sure what to tap

Thank you so mutch?

          Still "no cigar" but at least something close.  Joseph Lee informed me that WinKey+V would dismiss the alarm, but it doesn't.  What it does do, though is to place focus on the alarm notification when it's sounding.  TABbing three times after hitting WinKey+V will place focus on the Snooze button while four times lands you on the Dismiss button.

          Hope this helps at least somewhat.

         ~ Mark Twain

Nino Dagostino

Thanks Brian

When the alarm sounds Jaws goes silent, I am not sure why that is happening.

Thanks for all the work you put in to this.

           Shockingly, there does not appear to be a way to dismiss an Alarm via the keyboard.  There is a Q&A thread on answers.microsoft.com about this dating from January this year, and as of that time there was no functionality to allow an alarm to be snoozed or dismissed via the keyboard.  One has to activate one of the buttons in the Alarm dialog that displays.

           I have just finished creating a Feedback Hub submission regarding the Alarm function and the need to be able to snooze or dismiss via keyboard shortcuts and, ideally, touch gestures for touch enabled devices.   You might want to go into Feedback Hub and do an upvote and submit a reply.

         ~ Mark Twain

Nino Dagostino

“smile”

I just tried it and sure enough tabbing 4 times shut the alarm off I pressed windowsv as you segested.

In my opinion that was a home run “smile.

Now I can let kortana set my alarms.

Just to share with everybody the quickist way to get to kortanna is to press the windows key and type a c   that will bring up kortanna.

Again so mutch.

Even better addition by someone on the Win10 for Screen Reader Users group.  Once you hit WinKey+V to gain focus on the notification then hit the Delete key.  Regardless of what the notification is for, Alarm or otherwise, the Delete key press will dismiss it if you have focus on it.

         ~ Mark Twain

david

hello;

you said/wrote,

Just to share with everybody the quickist way to get to kortanna is to press the windows key and type a c   that will bring up kortanna.

you can also use "hey Cortana",

you need to turn this on in cortana setting,

respond when anyone says "hey Cortana".

       Statistics are like a bikini.  What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Even better addition by someone on the Win10 for Screen Reader Users group.  Once you hit WinKey+V to gain focus on the notification then hit the Delete key.  Regardless of what the notification is for, Alarm or otherwise, the Delete key press will dismiss it if you have focus on it.

         ~ Mark Twain

Nino Dagostino

Hi:

Can you turn the alarm off using hay cortana?

Thanks