Windows+M keystroke

Andrew Diederick

Hello Listers:

I have recently updated to Windows 10 and Jaws 17. I have noticed
that for me at least, the windows+m keystroke no longer puts jaws on
the "desktop" of windows 10. Is there a setting configuration I am
missing that would allow this keystroke to once again be effective, or
another way of putting focus on the desktop? Also, I will be upgrading
from Microsoft office professional 2010 to office 2016. I plan on
purchasing the version of office 16 that allows you to download it
directly to one PC and use it with a local copy of office on my actual
unit, rather than office 365 from the web. Does anyone know when I go
to do this, if the old version of office 10 will automatically be
removed when I go to upgrade, or will I have to first remove office 10
before I place office 16 on my unit? Any suggestions on the most
effective way to do this? Thank you for your thoughts/suggestions in
advance. -Andrew-

Jason White

Andrew Diederick <andrew.diederick@...> wrote:

I have recently updated to Windows 10 and Jaws 17. I have noticed
that for me at least, the windows+m keystroke no longer puts jaws on
the "desktop" of windows 10. Is there a setting configuration I am
missing that would allow this keystroke to once again be effective, or
another way of putting focus on the desktop?
Windows key+D works for me under Windows 10.

Soronel Haetir

win+m is "minimize all" rather than show desktop as such. win+d is the
proper show desktop keystroke.

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@...

Mark Brett

Hi, it works for me on more than 1 pc.

Mark

win+m is "minimize all" rather than show desktop as such. win+d is the
proper show desktop keystroke.

On 6/25/16, Jason White via Groups.io <jason@...> wrote:
Andrew Diederick <andrew.diederick@...> wrote:

I have recently updated to Windows 10 and Jaws 17. I have noticed
that for me at least, the windows+m keystroke no longer puts jaws on
the "desktop" of windows 10. Is there a setting configuration I am
missing that would allow this keystroke to once again be effective, or
another way of putting focus on the desktop?
Windows key+D works for me under Windows 10.

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@...

Ann Byrne

It has been my experience on more than one computer that I have to press windows+m twice, not once, to get to the desktop. Windows+d seems to work all the time, but it isn't the one I'm used to.

At 05:13 PM 6/25/2016, you wrote:
Hi, it works for me on more than 1 pc.

Mark

win+m is "minimize all" rather than show desktop as such. win+d is the
proper show desktop keystroke.

On 6/25/16, Jason White via Groups.io <jason@...> wrote:
Andrew Diederick <andrew.diederick@...> wrote:

I have recently updated to Windows 10 and Jaws 17. I have noticed
that for me at least, the windows+m keystroke no longer puts jaws on
the "desktop" of windows 10. Is there a setting configuration I am
missing that would allow this keystroke to once again be effective, or
another way of putting focus on the desktop?
Windows key+D works for me under Windows 10.

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@...

David Moore

Are you running JAWS from the system tray or in its own window. If you are running JAWS in its own window, that is why you have to press windows+M twice. It is helpful if you run JAWS from the system tray, and then you only have to press that command once.
Take care.