From: Jfw [mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of jsp
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2012 9:18 PM
To: jfw@...
Subject: Blackboard program

Hello. I could use some help please, I'm relatively new using Jaws, and the
college where I will be attending in January, usses Blackboard for email,
getting and turning in assignments. Jaws isn't working that well and I
could use any help. Thanks!

Adnana Saric <adnanasaric@...>

What version of jaws are you using? Either way, blackboard has gotten
more accessible, you will be provided the blackboard link to your
school by your school, and if you go there you will be required to
sign in with your username and password also assigned by your school.
The easiest way to nevigate it in my opinion is using the letter (H)
which will have jaws read off headings. For instance, announcements is
one of the headings, under this heading, any announcements from your
enrolled courses would show up here. There's also an organization one,
that's if you're enrolled in any and then you have the courses heading
which will list your classes. Press enter on your class and you will
be taken to its homepage. Then I like to use the letter (L) giving you
lists and on my page its the fourth one that will give you areas you
can visit on your specific class page such as syllabus, content (which
will have readings and stuff unless your professor creates more
categories) and once you click on what area you desire, jaws might
stay where you clicked, but be assured that the category has shown up
at the bottom of the page so you can use the letter (H) to get to that
section.

I believe this is a lot for now, but take it easy and if you have more
questions over time, don't hesitate to ask. Goodluck!

On 10/22/12, Alicia Starner <astarner@...> wrote:
What kind of assistance are you needing? I have successfully used JAWS 13
with Blackboard.

alicia

Hello. I could use some help please, I'm relatively new using Jaws, and
the
college where I will be attending in January, usses Blackboard for email,
getting and turning in assignments. Jaws isn't working that well and I
could use any help. Thanks!

Jimmy Jones

Difficult. My experience is small but from what others have told me only the
E-mail section is truly accessible. I asked a cohort of mine how he handled
Blackboard when he was in school and he replied: "Made allot of sighted
friends." Another told me that they had some success using only the arrow
keys for navigation. However, I discovered that they were using a different
system instead of Blackboard.

Jimmy