From: "Gery Gaubert" <GGaubert@stcharlessheriff.org>
To: "'The Jaws for Windows support list.'" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2012 8:39 AM
Subject: jaws and saying blank lines

I am using jaws 11 and windows 7 64 bit. When on webpages I get jaws saying blank for every line that I arrow through to get to the next line. I went into say all options and say blank lines is not checked. Is there something else that I am missing?

Gery D. Gaubert
Assistant, Information Technology Administrator
St. Charles Parish Sheriff's Office
office (985) 783-0208
mobile 504-329-9439
ggaubert@stcharlessheriff.org

This e-mail and any attachments thereto are intended only for the use by the addressee(s) named herein and contain propriety/confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify me by telephone (985-783-0208) and permanently delete/destroy the original and any copy of any e-mail and any printout thereof.

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Gery,

I don't have Jaws 11 on my computer so, I don't know if it has the
Configuration Manager or Settings Center but, you can follow the steps below
& see how they work.

1. activate jaws configuration manager.
2. alt s for set option.
3. select customize punctuation.
4. tab to the advance button and activate it.
5. scroll down the list to blank.
6. tab to change description button and activate it.
7. press space bar once for a space and press enter to close the edit field
, then tab to okay, spacebar, & tab to okay again & spacebar.
. Control + S to save, & Alt + F4 to close the configuration manager.

Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my, iBarstool.

[...]

dennis <dennis.cornelison@...>

i'm using jaws 14 beta and this just worked for me. awsome.

[...]

paul lemm

Cheers for this, I use and internet based system at work and its always
bugged me that it reads blank line, I'll be changing this first thing on
Monday.

Cheers for this it will be really helpful.

Paul