Topics

Jaws accessible VOIP service/desktop client

Cristóbal

Hello list,

I’m in search  of an accessible VOIP desktop client with Jaws as it is the screen reader I’m using.

I’m currently using Skype and a Skype telephone number. My subscription comes due in a few weeks and before I renew for another  year, I wanted to see if there was perhaps another option out there that is equal to or more accessible than skype. I know there’s Vonage and I guess MagicJack and grasshopper, but I’m also looking for something that I can use to take and receive calls on a computer with all the regular functions like call waiting, forwarding, voicemail, etc.

I’m a big time Google Voice user, but the one drawback is that there’s no real way to easily answer/make calls from the computer  with GV/Hangouts  and Jaws. I currently have my GV business line forward to my Skype number where I can then manage incoming/outgoing  calls.

Free or Paid is fine. I’m just looking for something that is reliable and accessible.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Gene Stevens

    I’m not sure if this company can help or wy you need to answer calls with a computer but take a look at www.phonepower.com

I’ve been a customer for regular VOIP phone service for about eight years and highly reccomend them.

[...]

I have my own business that entails answering the phone. Receiving calls on the computer allows me to take the call and at the same time, wriet down information  and look up whatever I need with Jaws at the same time. Skype does well with this, but there are a few issus that bug me about it. Thus my interest as to any possibel alternatives. Be it actual tel service or program to make/receive calls.

[...]

Vaughn Brown

The real question is, is phonepower accessible? I didn't see any
"about us" or any reference to accessibility.
Vaughn

with a computer but take a look at www.phonepower.com

--
Vaughn Brown
Berklee College of Music Graduate, Bachelor in Music, Drummer, educator

Mario

I don't use VOIP, but I heard that viatalk.com or voipo.com (or .org) are good choices to try. each service has their strengths and weaknesses, i.e. features, services, cost, etc.

there's a podcast at mysticaccesspodcast.com that talks about them.

with a computer but take a look at www.phonepower.com

[...]

Absolutely. I have no issue signing into the website and performing any function I need to.

with a computer but take a look at www.phonepower.com