What antispyware works well with JFW 10 and up on 7 or XP?

Steve Matzura

I just recommended Spybot Search and Destroy to someone with a Windows
7 system and JAWS 11. I tried it on my XP+JAWS10 system, and we both
had disastrous results with accessibility, plus my machine hung itself
on the next-to-last file being scanned. I have subsequently removed
SS&D from my system. My friend who was trying it along with me
unfortunately did something I would never recommend anyone do--namely,
he clicked the "Fix problems" button, and his system will no longer
run JAWS! I'm sure he'll fix that on his own. But I thought before
going back and trying another one of these things, I'd ask in here and
see what people know and think about things like SS&D, Super
Antispyware Doctor, etc., in terms of accessibility. SS&D sure didn't
have it.

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

nononono.
go with Microsoft Security Esentials. It's free and accessible.

At 07:47 PM 10/6/2012, you wrote:
I just recommended Spybot Search and Destroy to someone with a Windows
7 system and JAWS 11. I tried it on my XP+JAWS10 system, and we both
had disastrous results with accessibility, plus my machine hung itself
on the next-to-last file being scanned. I have subsequently removed
SS&D from my system. My friend who was trying it along with me
unfortunately did something I would never recommend anyone do--namely,
he clicked the "Fix problems" button, and his system will no longer
run JAWS! I'm sure he'll fix that on his own. But I thought before
going back and trying another one of these things, I'd ask in here and
see what people know and think about things like SS&D, Super
Antispyware Doctor, etc., in terms of accessibility. SS&D sure didn't
have it.

david <davidwhitehead1957@...>

Hello;
You may want to try;

Malware bytes,
Super anti spyware,
Both programs have a free and a pay version.

At 07:47 PM 10/6/2012, you wrote:
I just recommended Spybot Search and Destroy to someone with a Windows
7 system and JAWS 11. I tried it on my XP+JAWS10 system, and we both
had disastrous results with accessibility, plus my machine hung itself
on the next-to-last file being scanned. I have subsequently removed
SS&D from my system. My friend who was trying it along with me
unfortunately did something I would never recommend anyone do--namely,
he clicked the "Fix problems" button, and his system will no longer
run JAWS! I'm sure he'll fix that on his own. But I thought before
going back and trying another one of these things, I'd ask in here and
see what people know and think about things like SS&D, Super
Antispyware Doctor, etc., in terms of accessibility. SS&D sure didn't
have it.

CTS MASTERING, affordable and professional mixing and mastering:
http://www.ctsmastering.com
BLOG: www.ctsmastering.com/blog

Kevin Turnbaugh <kdtlkt83@...>

I run Symantec, and I have never had any problems even with upgrades to
JAWS. I have run this software from 10.0 to my current version of 13.0
without any issues at all.

Kevin Turnbaugh
New Oxford, PA

I just recommended Spybot Search and Destroy to someone with a Windows
7 system and JAWS 11. I tried it on my XP+JAWS10 system, and we both
had disastrous results with accessibility, plus my machine hung itself
on the next-to-last file being scanned. I have subsequently removed
SS&D from my system. My friend who was trying it along with me
unfortunately did something I would never recommend anyone do--namely,
he clicked the "Fix problems" button, and his system will no longer
run JAWS! I'm sure he'll fix that on his own. But I thought before
going back and trying another one of these things, I'd ask in here and
see what people know and think about things like SS&D, Super
Antispyware Doctor, etc., in terms of accessibility. SS&D sure didn't
have it.

Steve Matzura

Incorrect. That is not an anti-spyware program.

At 07:47 PM 10/6/2012, you wrote:
[...]

Thank you. Already use MB, and I do like it. Was just trying to, you
know, increase the arsenal, plus report to a friend on accessibility.

At 07:47 PM 10/6/2012, you wrote:
[...]

really? I was under the impression that it scanned for both viruses and spyware.
According to Microsoft: "Use Microsoft Security Essentials to guard against viruses, spyware, and other evil software."

Chris

At 07:47 PM 10/6/2012, you wrote:
[...]

James Homuth

Most antivirus programs say that. And yeah, okay, most of them will pick up
the small stuff. But you're more likely to get hit with a spyware infection
than a virus most of the time, and the major stuff, your virus scanner's
gonna miss.