Thanks,

Russell

Sent from my iPhone

On 2012-10-01, at 12:46 PM, Chris Smart <csmart8@cogeco.ca> wrote:

Hi folks.

Have any of you tried using the 4sync application, part of the 4shared.com service with Jaws?

It's quite similar to Dropbox, but so far, I haven't managed to enter my account details in the 4sync application. I was able to successfully create an account on the Website 4shared.com though.

The account tab inside 4sync seems inaccessible, but maybe I'm missing something obvious.

I'm hoping someone has gotten further with this than I have, since the space and bandwidth available on this service are substantial.

Any tips folks?

thanks,

Chris

Guido Corona <aloysiusq@...>

Unfortunately, the current implementation of Vocalizer for JAWS 14 does not
appear to support pitch changes. G.

I'm really beginning to like the new vocalizer voices. Is there a way to have
the pitch change when on an upper case letter? I'm using Samantha, and
there's no way to tell if a letter is upper case. Is this a bug? Anyone else
noticing this?

Thanks,

Russell

Sent from my iPhone

On 2012-10-01, at 12:46 PM, Chris Smart <csmart8@cogeco.ca> wrote:

Hi folks.

Have any of you tried using the 4sync application, part of the 4shared.com
service with Jaws?

It's quite similar to Dropbox, but so far, I haven't managed to enter my
account details in the 4sync application. I was able to successfully create
an account on the Website 4shared.com though.

The account tab inside 4sync seems inaccessible, but maybe I'm missing
something obvious.

I'm hoping someone has gotten further with this than I have, since the
space and bandwidth available on this service are substantial.

Any tips folks?

thanks,

Chris

CTS MASTERING, affordable and professional mixing and mastering:
http://www.ctsmastering.com
BLOG: www.ctsmastering.com/blog

-----
No virus found in this message.

Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@...>

I hope you're not telling me that this is not going to be fixed? Knowing whether or not a letter is in upper case is extremely important information, especially in a work situation. Is there a setting to have Jaws say "Capital" on an uppercase letter then, if pitch change isn't available?

Thanks,

Russell
Sent from my iMac running Mountain Lion!

On 2012-10-01, at 12:46 PM, Chris Smart <csmart8@cogeco.ca> wrote:

Hi folks.

Have any of you tried using the 4sync application, part of the 4shared.com
service with Jaws?

It's quite similar to Dropbox, but so far, I haven't managed to enter my
account details in the 4sync application. I was able to successfully create
an account on the Website 4shared.com though.

The account tab inside 4sync seems inaccessible, but maybe I'm missing
something obvious.

I'm hoping someone has gotten further with this than I have, since the
space and bandwidth available on this service are substantial.

Any tips folks?

thanks,

Chris

CTS MASTERING, affordable and professional mixing and mastering:
http://www.ctsmastering.com
BLOG: www.ctsmastering.com/blog

-----
No virus found in this message.

Stephanie Switzer

May I point that the realspeak voices didn't support pitch change with
capital letters either? As long as you know something is capitalized
for example a name of a state or a person's name or even the beginning
of a sentence you should be fine. Also if you use the shift key and/or
caps lock and you know you're pressing it you should be fine. :) I'm
speaking from the point of view of someone who used realspeak (or
whatever it's called) with Jaws, and is still using it with Jaws 12.

On 2012-10-01, at 12:46 PM, Chris Smart <csmart8@cogeco.ca> wrote:

Hi folks.

[...]

john.falter

Remember that you can place the cursor on the letter whose case you need to know and press the numpad 5 key three times to get the ascii value. If the value is less than 91, the letter is upper case; greater than is lower case.
Not elegant but it gets the job done.

On 2012-10-01, at 12:46 PM, Chris Smart <csmart8@cogeco.ca> wrote:

Hi folks.

Have any of you tried using the 4sync application, part of the 4shared.com
service with Jaws?

It's quite similar to Dropbox, but so far, I haven't managed to enter my
account details in the 4sync application. I was able to successfully create
an account on the Website 4shared.com though.

The account tab inside 4sync seems inaccessible, but maybe I'm missing
something obvious.

I'm hoping someone has gotten further with this than I have, since the
space and bandwidth available on this service are substantial.

Any tips folks?

thanks,

Chris

CTS MASTERING, affordable and professional mixing and mastering:
http://www.ctsmastering.com
BLOG: www.ctsmastering.com/blog

-----
No virus found in this message.

Rose Combs <rosecombs@...>

They also slow the computer down to a crawl, tried using one to read mail
the other day and it kept stopping after 15 minutes I went back to
Eloquence.

Rose Combs
rosecombs@Q.com

On 2012-10-01, at 12:46 PM, Chris Smart <csmart8@cogeco.ca> wrote:

Hi folks.

[...]

Thing is, if you are trying to proofread, capitalization needs to be
indicated somehow.

Rose Combs
rosecombs@Q.com

On 2012-10-01, at 12:46 PM, Chris Smart <csmart8@cogeco.ca> wrote:

Hi folks.

[...]

Yes, for sure, it's an option, and one I have been using, but, as you say, not very elegant, or efficient for that matter! Hope there is a solution as I've grown rather fond of Samantha!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Russell Solowoniuk" <rsolowoniuk@shaw.ca>

On 2012-10-01, at 12:46 PM, Chris Smart <csmart8@cogeco.ca> wrote:

Hi folks.

[...]

Hey Stephanie,

Yes, that's all fine, if you know something is in uppercase, but, just because it's supposed to be in uppercase, doesn't mean it is. Many time I must proof-read something I've written before sending it out, and, knowing the case of a letter is crucial. I guess I'll have to do what another lister suggested, and use Eloquence for proof-reading.

On 2012-10-01, at 12:46 PM, Chris Smart <csmart8@cogeco.ca> wrote:

Hi folks.

[...]

Marquette, Ed <Ed.Marquette@...>

To proof I always use the proofreading scheme anyway, even with Eloquence.
Then, one never risks a capitalization mistake. Caps are indicated with the word "cap."
Solid caps are indicated with "all caps."

On 2012-10-01, at 12:46 PM, Chris Smart <csmart8@cogeco.ca> wrote:

Hi folks.

[...]

Thank you.

Guido Corona <aloysiusq@...>

Russell, I have no information about FS plans, nor Nuance plans for
Vocalizer. However, I have the suspicion that the lack of pitch control may
be a Nuance implementation limitation rather than a JAWS flaw.

Guido

On 2012-10-01, at 12:46 PM, Chris Smart <csmart8@cogeco.ca> wrote:

Hi folks.

[...]

10/01/12

-----
No virus found in this message.
10/01/12

-----
No virus found in this message.

Adrian Spratt

Nuance's principal customer base is not visually impaired people, so it will
assume that they can see capitalization for themselves. I suggest that all
of you experiencing this limitation contact FS to urge them to ask Nuance to
incorporate this capability into its software.

On 2012-10-01, at 12:46 PM, Chris Smart <csmart8@cogeco.ca> wrote:

Hi folks.

[...]

Russell:
I've set Jaws so that it uses eloquence in microsoft word. Because
that is the program where I need to edit things... usually. It seems
stupid, but it works, and I'm able to catch the errors in my papers
easier then if I just left it as realspeak like I did with everything
else. I don't know if you can do this in versions of Jaws that older
than 12. You should be able to, but that doesn't mean anything. lol.
:) I'm not sure what your trying to fix or edit, but I hope this helps
you. :)

On 2012-10-01, at 12:46 PM, Chris Smart <csmart8@cogeco.ca> wrote:

Hi folks.

[...]

Also I just realized that I left out the word "are" Sorry. I noticed
and had to fix it. :)

On 2012-10-01, at 12:46 PM, Chris Smart <csmart8@cogeco.ca> wrote:

Hi folks.

[...]

robert hebert <roberthebert@...>

Maybe Samantha's pitch will change if you give her a box of chocolates or a
dozen roses--such things usually do make women exclaim. Now, I bet I'm
really going to get it for that one--better figure out how it is Jaws
related too.

On 2012-10-01, at 12:46 PM, Chris Smart <csmart8@cogeco.ca> wrote:

Hi folks.

[...]

Dave...

Robert, very refreshing perspective. I suspect we can say that JAWS are
required to eat the chocolate, can't we?

Dave Carlson

On 2012-10-01, at 12:46 PM, Chris Smart <csmart8@cogeco.ca> wrote:

Hi folks.

[...]

Yes, I'll probably end up doing something similar... use Eloquence when I need to do major proof-reading. The main area I'm running into issues with not knowing whether or not a letter is in upper case is when composing email messages, and, for this I will simply press NumPad 5 3 times to get the ASCII value for a letter I'm trying to find the case of.

Best wishes,

On 2012-10-01, at 12:46 PM, Chris Smart <csmart8@cogeco.ca> wrote:

Hi folks.

[...]

Matt Dierckens <matt.dierckens@...>

Russell.
Question for you. If you're on an IMac, why not just do your proofreading with voiceover and textedit? Vocalizer on the mac can identify capitals in the VO utility. you can have it change pitch, play a tone, or say Cap
Matt
Sent from my mac
Twitter: matt692
msn: matt692@live.com
skype: blindman3221

On 2012-10-01, at 12:46 PM, Chris Smart <csmart8@cogeco.ca> wrote:

Hi folks.

[...]

Hi Matt,

I only use my Mac at home. We use Windows 7 at work, and, it's not possible to switch to a Mac platform at work.

Besides, proof-reading on the Mac is even more difficult, in my opinion, because one cannot easily get indentation information. Also, sometimes VO doesn't indicate when a line is bulleted.

On 2012-10-01, at 12:46 PM, Chris Smart <csmart8@cogeco.ca> wrote:

Hi folks.

[...]

I just was informed on twitter, that there's somewhere in the settings centre about changing how capitals are spoken. As I hardly use JFW when I'm on windows and have an old version anyway, I'm not sure where this is.
I'd suggest looking around the settings centre.
Take care.

Matt
Sent from my mac
Twitter: matt692