From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of john.falter
Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2012 10:28 AM
To: jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Subject: WordPerfect problems after JAWS.14

After I installed JAWS14 beta
I couldn't use WordPerfect 12.
Up and Down arrows spoke nothing.
Right and left arrows spoke only one character at a time.
Insert plus 2 spoke nothing.
Shift plus end said selected but trying cut or paste said not selected.
And the date was not placed on the clipboard.
It was not possible to route the JAWS cursor to the PC cursor.
Font seemed to be reported correctly.
I dropped back to 13 and got the same WordPerfect results.
I uninstalled.JAWS14 but got the same WordPerfect results on JAWS.13 and
JAWS.9.
I sent three bug reports to FS.
What else can I do?

Gary King

John,
I suggest you reinstall the version of JAWS you want to use for WordPerfect. Although FS tells you that you can install newer versions with no effect on older versions, I don't think this is always the case. I suspect that the shared components are the problem.

Gary King
w4wkz@bellsouth.net

Right and left arrows spoke only one character at a time.
Insert plus 2 spoke nothing.
Shift plus end said selected but trying cut or paste said not selected.
And the date was not placed on the clipboard.
It was not possible to route the JAWS cursor to the PC cursor.
Font seemed to be reported correctly.
I dropped back to 13 and got the same WordPerfect results.
I uninstalled.JAWS14 but got the same WordPerfect results on JAWS.13 and JAWS.9.
I sent three bug reports to FS.
What else can I do?

Cy Selfridge

Gary, I think you hit the nail squarely on the head.
Cy

Right and left arrows spoke only one character at a time.
Insert plus 2 spoke nothing.
Shift plus end said selected but trying cut or paste said not selected.
And the date was not placed on the clipboard.
It was not possible to route the JAWS cursor to the PC cursor.
Font seemed to be reported correctly.
I dropped back to 13 and got the same WordPerfect results.
I uninstalled.JAWS14 but got the same WordPerfect results on JAWS.13 and
JAWS.9.
I sent three bug reports to FS.
What else can I do?

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Sounds for all the world like what happened between 10 and 11. If so,
be prepared to completely uninstall the beta, and reinstall 13, choosing
the repair option. That'll reinstate the old behavior.

Ted

Hmm, could you remove and re-install WordPerfect?
Something must have gotten hozed up with JAWS 14 install.
Cy