Jaws 13 with XP

Jim L

Heya folks,

Am running windows XP Home and Jaws 13 seems to work fine , nice and smooth
and slick till either my screensaver comes on or my monitor comes back from
sleep mode and every thing slows down, tabbing around is delayed and lagging
and in the end I need to reboot.
My screen resolution is 1024by 768 as I've always had for years
Is there any fix for this or something I can disable in Jaws feature in 13
to still be able to run my screen saver and protect my monotor?

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jim

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Jim,

Running a screen saver will make Jaws act pretty weird, at least from what
I've noticed. I always set the screen saver option to none to avoid focus
issues. Go to control panel / Display / Screen Saver Tab, to make the
adjustment if you would like to give it a try, just to see if it helps. HTH
Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from our, iGasSucking460Powered1969Mach1!

Am running windows XP Home and Jaws 13 seems to work fine , nice and smooth
and slick till either my screensaver comes on or my monitor comes back from
sleep mode and every thing slows down, tabbing around is delayed and lagging
and in the end I need to reboot.
My screen resolution is 1024by 768 as I've always had for years
Is there any fix for this or something I can disable in Jaws feature in 13
to still be able to run my screen saver and protect my monotor?

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jim

Jim L

Yeah I don't doubt this will work and know how to turn off screensaver but
what if I leave my PC unattended for awhile what will protect my monitor?

Am running windows XP Home and Jaws 13 seems to work fine , nice and smooth
and slick till either my screensaver comes on or my monitor comes back from
sleep mode and every thing slows down, tabbing around is delayed and lagging
and in the end I need to reboot. My screen resolution is 1024by 768 as I've
always had for years Is there any fix for this or something I can disable in
Jaws feature in 13 to still be able to run my screen saver and protect my
monotor?

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jim

Gary King

Just turn the monitor off. That's what I always did at work. You don't want your boss to know what you're doing, especially if you're Christmas shopping.

Gary King
w4wkz@...

Yeah I don't doubt this will work and know how to turn off screensaver but
what if I leave my PC unattended for awhile what will protect my monitor?

Am running windows XP Home and Jaws 13 seems to work fine , nice and smooth
and slick till either my screensaver comes on or my monitor comes back from
sleep mode and every thing slows down, tabbing around is delayed and lagging
and in the end I need to reboot. My screen resolution is 1024by 768 as I've
always had for years Is there any fix for this or something I can disable in
Jaws feature in 13 to still be able to run my screen saver and protect my
monotor?

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jim

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

I never had problems with stand-by at home, but I religiously avoid
screensavers under XP. One of my favorites, aquarium, makes such a mess
even sighted folks avoid it.

The weirdest thing that ever happened here was when I first installed
13. Locking down the screen while on break contributed to really slow,
pitiful performance upon my return. In fact, with or without a
screensaver, 13 seemed to get slower and slower until, after 2 or 3
hours, a reboot became necessary. I think even screen refresh was
slowing down, not just speech. The administrator installed a newer
version of IE, along with one or two other tweaks, and the final months
on XP were once again a pleasure. In fact, 13's performance with our
custom apps is among the best I've ever seen.

Ted

Am running windows XP Home and Jaws 13 seems to work fine , nice and
smooth
and slick till either my screensaver comes on or my monitor comes back
from
sleep mode and every thing slows down, tabbing around is delayed and
lagging
and in the end I need to reboot.
My screen resolution is 1024by 768 as I've always had for years
Is there any fix for this or something I can disable in Jaws feature in
13
to still be able to run my screen saver and protect my monotor?

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Jim

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Depends upon what you mean by protect. The only thing we use
screensavers for around here is to prevent snooping, LCD's are not
subject to burn-in, and that's what screensavers were designed to
prevent.

Ted