changing search engine in firefox

cecropia64

HI FOLKS. I'VE NEVER HAD TO DO THIS BUT CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO CHANGE SEARCH ENGINES IN FIREFOX USING JAWS. I DON'T KNOW WHAT KEY COMBINATION TO HIT TO FIND WHAT I NEED. THANKS. STEWART

Soronel Haetir

With the search bar focused use ctrl+up and ctrl+down. This is a
Firefox feature and not dependent upon jaws.

On 9/20/12, cecropia64@... <cecropia64@...> wrote:
HI FOLKS. I'VE NEVER HAD TO DO THIS BUT CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO
CHANGE SEARCH ENGINES IN FIREFOX USING JAWS. I DON'T KNOW WHAT KEY
COMBINATION TO HIT TO FIND WHAT I NEED. THANKS. STEWART

Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@...

cecropia64

THANKS FOR THAT. NOW I'M GONNA SOUND REAL STUPID. HOW DO I MAKE THE SEARCH ENGINE THE DEFAULT? IN THIS CASE, GOOGLE? SORRY FOR BEING A PAIN.

On 9/20/2012 3:25 PM, Soronel Haetir wrote:
With the search bar focused use ctrl+up and ctrl+down. This is a
Firefox feature and not dependent upon jaws.

On 9/20/12, cecropia64@... <cecropia64@...> wrote:
HI FOLKS. I'VE NEVER HAD TO DO THIS BUT CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO
CHANGE SEARCH ENGINES IN FIREFOX USING JAWS. I DON'T KNOW WHAT KEY
COMBINATION TO HIT TO FIND WHAT I NEED. THANKS. STEWART

Soronel Haetir

For me if I simply select a different one it becomes the default.
It's actually something I do by accident with a fair amount of
regularity.

I know there is a search plugin that allows you to set a default that
then lets you perform a single search with a non-default provider, but
I no longer have that installed and forget the name. You might want
to check your extensions and plugins to see if anything listed sounds
like it might do that.

On 9/20/12, cecropia64@... <cecropia64@...> wrote:
THANKS FOR THAT. NOW I'M GONNA SOUND REAL STUPID. HOW DO I MAKE THE
SEARCH ENGINE THE DEFAULT? IN THIS CASE, GOOGLE? SORRY FOR BEING A PAIN.
On 9/20/2012 3:25 PM, Soronel Haetir wrote:
With the search bar focused use ctrl+up and ctrl+down. This is a
Firefox feature and not dependent upon jaws.

On 9/20/12, cecropia64@... <cecropia64@...> wrote:
HI FOLKS. I'VE NEVER HAD TO DO THIS BUT CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO
CHANGE SEARCH ENGINES IN FIREFOX USING JAWS. I DON'T KNOW WHAT KEY
COMBINATION TO HIT TO FIND WHAT I NEED. THANKS. STEWART

Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@...

Adrian Spratt

And if you don't have a strong desire for an alternative homepage, make it
Google. Anytime you're browsing, press alt-home to take you right to your
homepage.