windows 7 and email

Stan Holdeman

Listers: I will be moving from xp to windows 7 soon and have some decisions to make. Here are impressions I have gotten in listening in on list traffic.

I am using jaws 13.

1. windows live mail is somewhat usable with jaws 13 but with mumbling, grumbling and some gnashing of teeth by users.
2. Outlook 2010 is much better with jaws 13 but one has to fork over the big bucks to get the full blown Microsoft Office.

3. There are some other email programs that some of you think are quite good with jaws and windows 7, but I don't remember what they are.

Are my impressions reasonably accurate?

Stan

Dave...

Stan,

1. Yes, but there is a way to make Windows Mail (not WLM) work on Windows 7,
and it's just like good old Outlook Express.

2. Yes, it does cost, but it's very good for calendar, contacts, and mail
management.

3. Yes, I think one is Thunderbird. However I've never used it, just heard
it on this list. I'm sure you'll hear more.

Welcome to Windows 7.

Dave Carlson

Listers: I will be moving from xp to windows 7 soon and have some decisions
to make. Here are impressions I have gotten in listening in on list traffic.

I am using jaws 13.

1. windows live mail is somewhat usable with jaws 13 but with mumbling,
grumbling and some gnashing of teeth by users.
2. Outlook 2010 is much better with jaws 13 but one has to fork over the big
bucks to get the full blown Microsoft Office.

3. There are some other email programs that some of you think are quite good
with jaws and windows 7, but I don't remember what they are.

Are my impressions reasonably accurate?

Stan

Soronel Haetir

The thing I would say about live mail is that it is mostly learning
curve issues. People are used to the outlook express interface, but
live mail is completely different.

I would not go so far as to say live mail is less accessible, you just
have to forget most of what worked in OE and start over learning it as
a new program.

On 9/11/12, Stan Holdeman <sholdeman@msn.com> wrote:
Listers: I will be moving from xp to windows 7 soon and have some decisions
to make. Here are impressions I have gotten in listening in on list
traffic.

I am using jaws 13.

1. windows live mail is somewhat usable with jaws 13 but with mumbling,
grumbling and some gnashing of teeth by users.
2. Outlook 2010 is much better with jaws 13 but one has to fork over the big
bucks to get the full blown Microsoft Office.

3. There are some other email programs that some of you think are quite good
with jaws and windows 7, but I don't remember what they are.

Are my impressions reasonably accurate?

Stan

Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

John ESherrer

OutLook 2010 is hard to use and as you use it will bebecome very slow.
John

Listers: I will be moving from xp to windows 7 soon and have some decisions
to make. Here are impressions I have gotten in listening in on list traffic.

I am using jaws 13.

1. windows live mail is somewhat usable with jaws 13 but with mumbling,
grumbling and some gnashing of teeth by users.
2. Outlook 2010 is much better with jaws 13 but one has to fork over the big
bucks to get the full blown Microsoft Office.

3. There are some other email programs that some of you think are quite good
with jaws and windows 7, but I don't remember what they are.

Are my impressions reasonably accurate?

Stan

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Outlook works. The biggest differences you will notice are not between
2007 and 2010, though there are some, but between the XP way of doing
things, and the 7 way of doing the same things. Once you learned the
MO, you'd be fine.

Ted

Listers: I will be moving from xp to windows 7 soon and have some
decisions to make. Here are impressions I have gotten in listening in on
list traffic.

I am using jaws 13.

1. windows live mail is somewhat usable with jaws 13 but with mumbling,
grumbling and some gnashing of teeth by users.
2. Outlook 2010 is much better with jaws 13 but one has to fork over the
big bucks to get the full blown Microsoft Office.

3. There are some other email programs that some of you think are quite
good with jaws and windows 7, but I don't remember what they are.

Are my impressions reasonably accurate?

Stan

Angela Delicata <angeladelicata@...>

Mozilla Thunderbird is great as well.

Angela from Italy.

Il 11/09/2012 17:44, Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS) ha scritto:
[...]

Graham Smith <g.smith577@...>

I would prefer to use Outlook but don’t because of the expense, for me the latest live mail is just great and I would not mes around with your system to get old mail programs to work.

Graham

Listers: I will be moving from xp to windows 7 soon and have some decisions
to make. Here are impressions I have gotten in listening in on list traffic.

I am using jaws 13.

1. windows live mail is somewhat usable with jaws 13 but with mumbling,
grumbling and some gnashing of teeth by users.
2. Outlook 2010 is much better with jaws 13 but one has to fork over the big
bucks to get the full blown Microsoft Office.

3. There are some other email programs that some of you think are quite good
with jaws and windows 7, but I don't remember what they are.

Are my impressions reasonably accurate?

Stan

Dennis Clark <dennisgclark@...>

Hello Dave,
Where does one get windows mail. I remember it coming with Vista, but is it available separately?
Thanks
Dennis

Listers: I will be moving from xp to windows 7 soon and have some decisions
to make. Here are impressions I have gotten in listening in on list traffic.

I am using jaws 13.

1. windows live mail is somewhat usable with jaws 13 but with mumbling,
grumbling and some gnashing of teeth by users.
2. Outlook 2010 is much better with jaws 13 but one has to fork over the big
bucks to get the full blown Microsoft Office.

3. There are some other email programs that some of you think are quite good
with jaws and windows 7, but I don't remember what they are.

Are my impressions reasonably accurate?

Stan

Dave...

Dennis,

I'll send you the information I used to modify my system to use Windows Mail
on Windows 7. Again it works fine, and the interface is almost identical to
Outlook Express.

I also use Outlook 2007 on my work machine and have no problems, except that
JAWS 13 does like to crash in the calendar when I do things too quickly.
Don't know if that has persisted to Outlook 2010 or not.

Dave Carlson

Listers: I will be moving from xp to windows 7 soon and have some
decisions
to make. Here are impressions I have gotten in listening in on list
traffic.

I am using jaws 13.

1. windows live mail is somewhat usable with jaws 13 but with mumbling,
grumbling and some gnashing of teeth by users.
2. Outlook 2010 is much better with jaws 13 but one has to fork over the
big
bucks to get the full blown Microsoft Office.

3. There are some other email programs that some of you think are quite
good
with jaws and windows 7, but I don't remember what they are.

Are my impressions reasonably accurate?

Stan

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Dave, which OS do you use on the job? XP with Outlook '07 was a
nightmare, and I don't even want to think of how '10 would have worked.
As I've stated here before, we're using both 7 and a newer version of
IE, and performance has improved exponentially.

Ted

[...]

Ted,

Windows 7 Professional on my work machine, with the Office 2007 package.

Home audio production machine is XP Pro with good old Office 2003 and
Outlook Express.

Wife's machine is Vista with Windows Mail.

Phone is iPhone 4S with IOS 5.11 and whatever mail client comes with it.

Quite a motley assortment, eh?

Dave Carlson

[...]

Boy howdy, I'd love to discuss that iPhone with you off list.

[...]

Chairman Mal <chairmanmal@...>

Hello from Austin,
One problem with Microsoft Word 2007 working with Outlook is getting a message written in Word to go out as part of the message body instead of as an attachment. Is it because I have Vista instead of Windows 7? In the previous version of
MS Word
, an option in the send menu allowed Outlook to embed the Word document into the message of my email. Now I can do this. Does anyone know of a fix for this issue?
Regards,

Malcolm Graham ----- Original Message -----

Listers: I will be moving from xp to windows 7 soon and have some
decisions to make. Here are impressions I have gotten in listening in on
list traffic.

I am using jaws 13.

1. windows live mail is somewhat usable with jaws 13 but with mumbling,
grumbling and some gnashing of teeth by users.
2. Outlook 2010 is much better with jaws 13 but one has to fork over the
big bucks to get the full blown Microsoft Office.

3. There are some other email programs that some of you think are quite
good with jaws and windows 7, but I don't remember what they are.

Are my impressions reasonably accurate?

Stan

Dave...

Ted,

dgcarlson@sbcglobal.net

Dave Carlson

[...]

ptusing <ptusing@...>

Hi,
Could some one sendthe modifications for using Windows Mail with Windows 7,
where one gets Windows Mail or a link to same?
The knowledgeable person promised to send info as to set up or modify Windows Mail (not perfectly sure) to 1 person.
I needthe modification steps or a link to them.
This is JAWS related forsure.
Thanks in advance.

[...]

Could some one send me privately any settings I need to use to make Windows Mail work with Windows 7 and I E 9?
Are there any settings for I E 9 thatI needto knowabout?
Many thanks in advance.

Crystal French

I would also appreciate the information, too.

I will be getting my new computer, windows 7, in a few days.

Crystal
raincrow@clearwire.net