From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Cal
Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2012 2:09 PM
To: jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
Subject: Getting around on the internet

Hi! I don't know how unusual this question is, but I'm asking it because
JAWS is reacting differently to how it once did and I'm not sure why or if I
can switch things back to how it used to work for me. When I'm browsing
online and click on a link to read the subsequent page it's all well and
good, but when I do an alt + left arrow to go back to the previous page I
end up at the top of the page instead of at the link that I had just clicked
on. For instance, before if I were on the Los Angeles Times home page and
clicked the link for top stories I could read the top stories on the
subsequent page and then do an alt + left arrow to go back to the home page
and it would put me back at the link for top stories, but now the PC cursor
seems to end up at the top of the page and I have to scroll down to get back
to the top stories link. Is there some way I can set JAWS to return to the
last visited link when I do an alt + left arrow? I hope this isn't too
confusing a description. Thanks for your help.

Jon Pierson <joncpierson@...>

Hi Cal,
You mentioned "The PcCursor is at the top of the page". Is it the PcCursor
or VirtualCursor that is in effect after you alt plus left arrow to go back
a page?
The other thing in question here, you didn't mention which browser you are
using. Quite often I've seen this behavior with Firefox but rarely with IE.

Jon

[...]

Jimmy Jones

Sorry for being late to this topic and if someoneelse has already suggested
this, but you can substitute the backspace for the alt+left arrow key to
back up a page.

I don't know of a JAWS workaround for this problem, but you can just open
another windows when you click on the link. On Internet Explorer just
navigate to the link with INSERT F7 and then hit SHIFT + ENTER. If you are
using another browser, just get help on the hot key for opening a different
window.

Daniel Garcia