Topics

Windoes live mail help

Mike Mote <mikemote@...>

Hi folks! Windows live mail works Ok. I'm wondering how you can check for mail. I know you can set the program to check for mail every 5 or 10 minutes, or whatever you want. In Outlook Express, and Outlook, you can use control m to check your mail anytime. Is there a similar command in WLM?

Also, when it checks mail, it's leaving the messages on the server. I've looked in the place where I thought that option would be, only to find it wasn't there. So how can you change that?

Soronel Haetir

F5 does the send receive via keyboard, you have to hit it twice if you
want the progress window displayed.

Send receive can also be triggered via via the ribbon,
hit alt, arrow to the Application tab, down arrow, then left arrow a
few times to send/receive and hit enter.

I just took a look, the "Leave a copy of messages on server" checkbox
is on the advanced tab of the accounts properties window, which is
pretty much where I expected it to be.

The easy way to get to properties for an account that has already been
created is to select the top level folder for that account (the one
in which 'inbox' for the account logically lives) from the folder tree
view and right click and select properties.

On 8/18/12, Mike Mote <mikemote@bellsouth.net> wrote:
Hi folks! Windows live mail works Ok. I'm wondering how you can check for
mail. I know you can set the program to check for mail every 5 or 10
minutes, or whatever you want. In Outlook Express, and Outlook, you can use
control m to check your mail anytime. Is there a similar command in WLM?

Also, when it checks mail, it's leaving the messages on the server. I've
looked in the place where I thought that option would be, only to find it
wasn't there. So how can you change that?
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

Mike Mote <mikemote@...>

I found the leave mail on server option. I was thinking for some reason it was in the set up under mail, and not under account. Oops!

[...]

Mariea Harris <mharris1979@...>

I'm playing with WLM now and it's ok. I really don't care for the ribbon, but I'll have to write down the shortcuts until I remember them. Can someone tell me how to get to the mail settings where you create a signiture, spell check automatically when you send and that sort of thing? I found some options, but not what I wanted. I too looked under properties and didn't see it there either. I'm not real familiar with WLM now. LOL.

[...]

The stuff you are asking about is mostly in the settings window,

From the main live mail window, hit alt+f, arrow down to options and
then select 'Mail' (There is also 'E-Mail accounts' but that is not
the item you want).

From there you can set up spell-checking, signatures and lots of other stuff
On 8/18/12, Mariea Harris <mharris1979@carolina.rr.com> wrote:
[...]

david <davidwhitehead1957@...>

Hello;
Press f5 to bring in the messages using windows live mail.

As for your other question;
Alt+f=file,

O=options,

E=email accounts,
Now choose your account, tab properties,
Shift+tab,
Right arrow to advance, now tab you will find the setting your looking for.

Hi folks! Windows live mail works Ok. I'm wondering how you can check for
mail. I know you can set the program to check for mail every 5 or 10
minutes, or whatever you want. In Outlook Express, and Outlook, you can use
control m to check your mail anytime. Is there a similar command in WLM?

Also, when it checks mail, it's leaving the messages on the server. I've
looked in the place where I thought that option would be, only to find it
wasn't there. So how can you change that?

david <davidwhitehead1957@...>

Hello try;
Ctrl+shift+o=options,
Shift+tab=general,
Now right arrow you will find the signature tab.

[...]

scrubbed...

Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

Mike Mote <mikemote@...>

Thanks David. Any other hot keys in WLM that are helpful?

Hi folks! Windows live mail works Ok. I'm wondering how you can check for
mail. I know you can set the program to check for mail every 5 or 10
minutes, or whatever you want. In Outlook Express, and Outlook, you can use
control m to check your mail anytime. Is there a similar command in WLM?

Also, when it checks mail, it's leaving the messages on the server. I've
looked in the place where I thought that option would be, only to find it
wasn't there. So how can you change that?

david <davidwhitehead1957@...>

Well,
For example,
Ctrl+1=inbox,