moderated AUTO NUMBERING

Elaine Young <hidden_spring@...>

Hi,

How do I turn off auto numbering? I hate it when my computer thinks it knows what numbre I want it to place  when I make a list with numbered items.  (I think this is called auto numbering, right?)

Thanks for any help,

Elaine

--

Anyone can count the seeds in an apple, but only God can count the apples in a seed. - Robert H. Schuller

Doctor Warns: Stop Eating This Vegetable Immediately
Gundry MD
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5b106702754c067013b7fst02duc

Elaine,

          I am presuming you are speaking of AutoNumbering in Microsoft Word (or Microsoft Office more generally).

To permanently turn off the automatic creation of numbered lists (and/or bulleted lists) as you type:

1.  Activate the File Tab, Options Item - ALT+F,T
2.  Arrow down to Proofing then hit TAB to enter the Proofing Controls.
3.  Activate the AutoCorrect Options Button - ALT+A
4.  In the AutoCorrect Options dialog, navigate to the AutoFormat as you type tab.
5.  Under the Apply as you type group, uncheck one, the other or both of these checkboxes:  Automatic Numbered Lists, Automatic Bulleted Lists
6.  OK your way back out to your document.

You may need to do the above while editing Normal.dotx, then saving it, in order for it to be off for all future blank documents created from Normal.dotx, but I am not absolutely certain of that.   You can easily test this out by doing the above in whatever document you're editing then creating a new blank document and seeing if autonumbered/autobulleted lists are still off.

         ~ Mark Twain

Elaine Young <hidden_spring@...>

Brian,

Yes, I do mean in Microsoft Word 2013, with Windows 10 and Jaws 18.  I have

followed your directions but it isn't working. I get to the Proofing controls but there is only the word dictionary- that I can find. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, or why I can't follow through with your advice.

Sorry.....

Elaine .

On 5/31/2018 6:07 PM, Brian Proofing  wrote:

[...]

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

What about calling Microsoft Accessibility support: 800-936-5900

Brian's directions work in Word 2016, I'm surprised they would be that different in 2013, but Microsoft could sort it out quickly.
Richard

On May 31, 2018, at 5:41 PM, Elaine Young <hidden_spring@...> wrote:

[...]

Richard & Elaine,

              And I created these using Word 2010.  This particular feature set has remained virtually unchanged "forever."

         ~ Mark Twain

Kenny Peyattt jr.

Yes. I don't know where in word to turn it off thogh. I don't like auto numberin either. I wish that Microsoft could remove that feature because it can be annoying at times, but it can be usefull if you don't want to type the numbers all the time.
Kenny Peyatt jr.