From: <cecropia64@...>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@...>
Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2012 7:05 AM
Subject: can't reinitialize voice

HEY FOLKS, I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH JAWS VOICE. I'M USING JAWS NINE. WHEN I TURN OFF THE VOICE USING INSERT PLUS F 4, IT TURNS OFF WITHOUT AN ISSUE. BUT WHEN I TRY TO TURN IT BACK USING ALT PLUS CONTROL PLUS J, NOTHING HAPPENS. I RECENTLY HAD TO DO A REPAIR AND ALL WENT WELL, EXCEPT THIS. SHOULD I DO A REINSTALL OR CAN'T I FIX THIS SOME OTHER WAY. THANKS. STEWART

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7378 (20120812) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7378 (20120812) __________

http://www.eset.com

cecropia64

bill, i'm trying to use the shortcut. when i pressed alt plus enter, nothing happens. now what? as you can tell, i guess i need to brush up on many jaws features. thanks

On 8/12/2012 10:48 AM, Bill White wrote:
Hi, Stewart. I have some questions about your problem re initializing JAWS. Are you trying to use a shortcut key combination such as alt plus control plus J, or are you simply trying to click the icon on your desktop?

If you are trying to use the shortcut key combination, first press Alt plus Enter to enter the shortcut properties, and make sure that the shortcut key combination is still in the shortcut key dialogue.

Many times, after a repair or re install, the icon remains on the desktop, but the shortcut key combination disappears.

Thank you.
Bill White billwhite92701@...
----- Original Message ----- From: <cecropia64@...>
HEY FOLKS, I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH JAWS VOICE. I'M USING JAWS NINE. WHEN I TURN OFF THE VOICE USING INSERT PLUS F 4, IT TURNS OFF WITHOUT AN ISSUE. BUT WHEN I TRY TO TURN IT BACK USING ALT PLUS CONTROL PLUS J, NOTHING HAPPENS. I RECENTLY HAD TO DO A REPAIR AND ALL WENT WELL, EXCEPT THIS. SHOULD I DO A REINSTALL OR CAN'T I FIX THIS SOME OTHER WAY. THANKS. STEWART

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7378 (20120812) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7378 (20120812) __________

http://www.eset.com

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Can you call me at
714-835-6295 and I'll try to walk you through it.

If you'd rather, use the direct e-mail link to me located at the bottom of this message and e-mail your phone number to me.

Thank you.
Bill White billwhite92701@...

[...]

In order to reach the shortcut properties, you must have your cursor on the icon for JAWS on your desktop.

If nothing still happens, call me.

Thank you.
Bill White billwhite92701@...

[...]

bill, using your help, i did it. i just went in through properties and put the shortcut back in and it worked. thanks for your help.stewart