Jaws and Netbooks

William Sallander <wsallander@...>

I'm thinking of purchasing a netbook or a laptop computer.
I know that Jaws works very well with most laptops but was wondering if anyone out there has had any experience using a netbook with jaws.
I'm more concerned with the chip sets that some netbooks use as well as graphics cards and if Jaws will get along with them.
I'm also wondering if there are any ram considerations I should watch for with any netbooks.

Jacob

I have installed JAWS on several netbooks and i works OK. But many netbooks does nok have the posibility to add more RAM. A netbook with Win7, JAWS and 1GB RAM is very slow. If you can find a netbook with 2 or 3 GB RAM I think it will work OK. As a JAWS user a laptop will do a better job since JAWS is a heavy proces it self. Netbooks have smaller CPU's and RAM capacity.

OZ0TE Jacob
Skype-ID: Jacob-DK

On 2012 08 06 21:02, William Sallander wrote:
I'm thinking of purchasing a netbook or a laptop computer.
I know that Jaws works very well with most laptops but was wondering if anyone out there has had any experience using a netbook with jaws.
I'm more concerned with the chip sets that some netbooks use as well as graphics cards and if Jaws will get along with them.
I'm also wondering if there are any ram considerations I should watch for with any netbooks.

Cindy

I have a Toshiba net book and have JAWS 13 on it. It's working just fine.

I'm thinking of purchasing a netbook or a laptop computer.
I know that Jaws works very well with most laptops but was wondering if anyone out there has had any experience using a netbook with jaws.
I'm more concerned with the chip sets that some netbooks use as well as graphics cards and if Jaws will get along with them.
I'm also wondering if there are any ram considerations I should watch for with any netbooks.

Cindy

I have 2 GB of RAM in my Toshiba, but it is slow.

Cindy

[...]

You confirmed what I had originally thought. Thanks for the input.

[...]

Mariea Harris <mharris1979@...>

I have a netbook Acer that is running XP and JAWS 12. it works really well with the Acer. The newer netbooks are windows 7 though and have more ram than the XP models. I think most of them have at least 1 gb of ram, where the XP models have only the 512 mb. The only difference between a netbook and laptop is the size. They are very light weight and portable. You can also get them with longer batteries if you pay a little more. I personally love the netbooks and their portability.

William Greely <greelyco4@...>

I have a Asus lap top and jaws works just fine. I use an external
keyboard, I don't like the key strokes with the built in key board.

On 8/6/12, Mariea Harris <mharris1979@carolina.rr.com> wrote:
I have a netbook Acer that is running XP and JAWS 12. it works really
well with the Acer. The newer netbooks are windows 7 though and have
more ram than the XP models. I think most of them have at least 1 gb of
ram, where the XP models have only the 512 mb. The only difference
between a netbook and laptop is the size. They are very light weight and
portable. You can also get them with longer batteries if you pay a
little more. I personally love the netbooks and their portability.

Mariea Harris <mharris1979@...>

I too use a wireless keyboard with my netbook. The keys are smaller and close together and harder to type with for me. I will use the normal keyboard in a pinch if I have too.

Claudia

i have been using a netbook with Jaws for over two years now.
I have a Toshiba and really have had no major issues, to my knowledge.
I have noticed that it does seem a little slower than my Dell laptop, but I'm not sure how to prove my theory.

Claudia

On 8/6/2012 2:02 PM, William Sallander wrote:
I'm thinking of purchasing a netbook or a laptop computer.
I know that Jaws works very well with most laptops but was wondering if anyone out there has had any experience using a netbook with jaws.
I'm more concerned with the chip sets that some netbooks use as well as graphics cards and if Jaws will get along with them.
I'm also wondering if there are any ram considerations I should watch for with any netbooks.

Jim Hunt <jhunt76@...>

I've been using JAWS on my Acer Aspire netbook for almost three years with
no problems. The load time for starting JAWS is indeed slower than that on
my new Dell laptop I got this year (and the battery life is much longer on
the laptop).

Jim