JAWS and BARD

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

After I enter my username and password on the BARD log-in page and hit the Enter key, the BARD main page appears on the screen, but JAWS does not read it. JAWS just keeps me stuck on the home page. I am using JAWS 13 and Windows XP. How can I go about correcting this problem?

Rick Miller

Brian and Denise Albriton <autoharp@...>

Activating the pc cursor by pressing the plus key on the numpad returns navigation to normal. Others have suggested pressing insert escape. If you are using a laptop, caps lock semicolon will activate the pc cursor.
It appears jaws thinks its in forms mode.

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012, Rick Miller wrote:

Dear Listers:

After I enter my username and password on the BARD log-in page and hit the Enter key, the BARD main page appears on the screen, but JAWS does not read it. JAWS just keeps me stuck on the home page. I am using JAWS 13 and Windows XP. How can I go about correcting this problem?

Rick Miller

Rick Miller

I tried activating the PC cursor, but it didn't work. I am not using a laptop. I am using a PC.

Rick Miller

Activating the pc cursor by pressing the plus key on the numpad returns navigation to normal. Others have suggested pressing insert escape. If you are using a laptop, caps lock semicolon will activate the pc cursor.
It appears jaws thinks its in forms mode.

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012, Rick Miller wrote:

Dear Listers:

After I enter my username and password on the BARD log-in page and hit the Enter key, the BARD main page appears on the screen, but JAWS does not read it. JAWS just keeps me stuck on the home page. I am using JAWS 13 and Windows XP. How can I go about correcting this problem?

Rick Miller

Brian and Denise Albriton <autoharp@...>

How about insert-escape? That's the one that didn't work for me but it has worked for others.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian and Denise Albriton" <autoharp@shellworld.net>
Activating the pc cursor by pressing the plus key on the numpad returns
navigation to normal. Others have suggested pressing insert escape. If you
are using a laptop, caps lock semicolon will activate the pc cursor.
It appears jaws thinks its in forms mode.

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012, Rick Miller wrote:

Dear Listers:
After I enter my username and password on the BARD log-in page and hit the Enter key, the BARD main page appears on the screen, but JAWS does not read it. JAWS just keeps me stuck on the home page. I am using JAWS 13 and Windows XP. How can I go about correcting this problem?
Rick Miller

William Greely <greelyco4@...>

If you still have jaws 12 go there and try it again. I do not use 13
too many problems. I have no problems with Barrd with 12!

On 7/30/12, Brian and Denise Albriton <autoharp@shellworld.net> wrote:
[...]

dave grossoehme

Good Morning Rick: What happens if you arrow up or down? Another thing you
might try is to press the enter key on that link and see what occurs.
Your Friend Dave

After I enter my username and password on the BARD log-in page and hit the
Enter key, the BARD main page appears on the screen, but JAWS does not read
it. JAWS just keeps me stuck on the home page. I am using JAWS 13 and
Windows XP. How can I go about correcting this problem?

Rick Miller

Terrilynne

Hi Rick,
I don't know if this applies to you, but I have found that if I hit the control key to shush JAWS at some point during the opening of a web page, I can't get Jaws to read. I have to close the window and open it again.

Might this be something you are doing?

TerriLynne

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

By closing the window, do you mean that you must navigate away from the web page by using Alt plus F4?

Thank you.
Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7347 (20120801) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7347 (20120801) __________

http://www.eset.com

Rick Miller

I've never tried it, Terrilynne, but I have gotten in touch with Freedom Scientific. Several of their people use BARD and have encountered the same problem. Evidently, the cause is a bug in JAWS 13 which Freedom Scientific is aware of and which they are working to rectify for a future update. They suggested I hit Insert+Escape.

Rick Miller

I don't know if this applies to you, but I have found that if I hit the control key to shush JAWS at some point during the opening of a web page, I can't get Jaws to read. I have to close the window and open it again.

Might this be something you are doing?

TerriLynne

Rick Miller

I have contacted Freedom Scientific, and have found out is is happening because of a bug in JAWS 13, which Freedom Scientific is working to rectify. They suggested I hit Insert+Escape.

Rick Miller