From: "Rick Miller" <mil9@earthlink.net>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2012 20:43
Subject: Form Fields Not Entered Properly

A week ago, I was having a problem logging on to the Internet. When I
called a sighted friend over to help me discover what was wrong, I tried
entering my username in the username field, but whenever I would arrow back
and forth to see if it was entering, it didn't appear to be there at all.
It was as if JAWS wasn't responding to my typing in the username. My
sighted friend had to use the mouse to get it to work properly. What is the
cause of JAWS just acting so wicked in this situation? Is there any way I
can improve the situation?

Rick Miller

William Greely <greelyco4@...>

Myself I hate auto forms and I turn my off by doing insert v scrol
down to form fields and turn it off and save the settings, you have to
be on a web page in I.E. or what ever. Now when I am in a form field,
I hit the edit button and I hear a single beep and I put in my info
and when I hit tab to get out I hear the beep. I hope that makes
sence. I hated the double beep when it went into forms field. dumbest
F..S has come out with.

On 7/29/12, Farfar Carlson <dgcarlson@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
Rick,

If you don't have Auto forms mode on (check to make sure) then you need to
press enter on a form edit field before you try typing.

Dave Carlson

A week ago, I was having a problem logging on to the Internet. When I
called a sighted friend over to help me discover what was wrong, I tried
entering my username in the username field, but whenever I would arrow back

and forth to see if it was entering, it didn't appear to be there at all.
It was as if JAWS wasn't responding to my typing in the username. My
sighted friend had to use the mouse to get it to work properly. What is the

cause of JAWS just acting so wicked in this situation? Is there any way I
can improve the situation?

Rick Miller

Dave...

William,

You said you hit the edit key. What key is that? Do you mean the Enter key
to initiate edit mode?

Dave Carlson

A week ago, I was having a problem logging on to the Internet. When I
called a sighted friend over to help me discover what was wrong, I tried
entering my username in the username field, but whenever I would arrow
back

and forth to see if it was entering, it didn't appear to be there at all.
It was as if JAWS wasn't responding to my typing in the username. My
sighted friend had to use the mouse to get it to work properly. What is
the

cause of JAWS just acting so wicked in this situation? Is there any way I
can improve the situation?

Rick Miller

Rick Miller

I think he does mean the Enter key.

Rick Miller

You said you hit the edit key. What key is that? Do you mean the Enter key
to initiate edit mode?

Dave Carlson

A week ago, I was having a problem logging on to the Internet. When I
called a sighted friend over to help me discover what was wrong, I tried
entering my username in the username field, but whenever I would arrow
back

and forth to see if it was entering, it didn't appear to be there at all.
It was as if JAWS wasn't responding to my typing in the username. My
sighted friend had to use the mouse to get it to work properly. What is
the

cause of JAWS just acting so wicked in this situation? Is there any way I
can improve the situation?

Rick Miller

William Greely <greelyco4@...>

Yes I do mean the enter key

On 7/29/12, Rick Miller <mil9@earthlink.net> wrote:
I think he does mean the Enter key.

Rick Miller

A week ago, I was having a problem logging on to the Internet. When I
called a sighted friend over to help me discover what was wrong, I tried
entering my username in the username field, but whenever I would arrow
back

and forth to see if it was entering, it didn't appear to be there at
all.
It was as if JAWS wasn't responding to my typing in the username. My
sighted friend had to use the mouse to get it to work properly. What is
the

cause of JAWS just acting so wicked in this situation? Is there any way

can improve the situation?

Rick Miller

Dave...

William,

Okay, just trying to keep confusion down to a minimum.

Dave Carlson