From: "Dave Mitchell" <mitch@orbitelcom.com>
To: "Jaws List" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2012 12:45 PM
Subject: JAWS 13 Update & Bard Navigation

Adrian to the rescue again.
He suggested using the F7 feature to create a list of links and this worked perfectly.
Never mind that it was unnecessary prior to this latest update but a simple enough fix assuming someone of my advancing age can retain this in memory. :-)
Thanks again Adrian for your unselfish help to all on this list. Mitch
In those days he was wiser than he is now --
he used to frequently take my advice.
Winston Churchill

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7335 (20120727) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7335 (20120727) __________

http://www.eset.com

Dave Mitchell

Thanks Bill, Oddly enough, with respect to this specific instance, refreshing as you suggest had no effect whatsoever. Go figure. Mitch

Another fix for the navigation problem is supposed to be to use Insert plus escape to refresh the screen. JAWS will then display the correct information until one clicks another link to another screen, where the same process of using Insert plus escape must be repeated and so forth.

Thank you.
Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com
He suggested using the F7 feature to create a list of links and this worked perfectly.
Never mind that it was unnecessary prior to this latest update but a simple enough fix assuming someone of my advancing age can retain this in memory. :-)
Thanks again Adrian for your unselfish help to all on this list. Mitch
In those days he was wiser than he is now --
he used to frequently take my advice.
Winston Churchill

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7335 (20120727) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7335 (20120727) __________

http://www.eset.com

Adrian Spratt

Thanks for the kind word, Mitch. To avoid confusing anyone, the links list
key combo is JAWS key+F7. You get out of this links list either by pressing
enter on the link you want or with the escape key.

Based on your report, I won't install the newest JAWS release until others
who have XP report their experiences.

He suggested using the F7 feature to create a list of links and this worked
perfectly.
Never mind that it was unnecessary prior to this latest update but a simple
enough fix assuming someone of my advancing age can retain this in memory.
:-)
Thanks again Adrian for your unselfish help to all on this list. Mitch
In those days he was wiser than he is now --
he used to frequently take my advice.
Winston Churchill

Dave Mitchell

Thanks for expanding on the key combinations. I knew better and should have done likewise for newer users as using that JAWS key with F7 has become an automatic response.
In the end, this may be a quicker way to the links anyhow and since it works fine at the BARD site, I guess you could install the update now or wait as you intend. Mitch

He suggested using the F7 feature to create a list of links and this worked
perfectly.
Never mind that it was unnecessary prior to this latest update but a simple
enough fix assuming someone of my advancing age can retain this in memory.
:-)
Thanks again Adrian for your unselfish help to all on this list. Mitch
In those days he was wiser than he is now --
he used to frequently take my advice.
Winston Churchill

Brian and Denise Albriton <autoharp@...>

How were you navigating the links before this issue?
Brian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Adrian Spratt" <Adrian@AdrianSpratt.com>

He suggested using the F7 feature to create a list of links and this
worked
perfectly.
Never mind that it was unnecessary prior to this latest update but a
simple
enough fix assuming someone of my advancing age can retain this in memory.
:-)
Thanks again Adrian for your unselfish help to all on this list. Mitch
In those days he was wiser than he is now -- he used to
frequently take my advice.
Winston Churchill

Dave Mitchell

Hi, Prior to the update of this morning for JAWS 13, I simply used the arrow keys to the link I wanted and used the back arrow if I wanted to visit more than one link in a session at the site. Mitch

He suggested using the F7 feature to create a list of links and this
worked
perfectly.
Never mind that it was unnecessary prior to this latest update but a
simple
enough fix assuming someone of my advancing age can retain this in memory.
:-)
Thanks again Adrian for your unselfish help to all on this list. Mitch
In those days he was wiser than he is now -- he used to
frequently take my advice.
Winston Churchill

Brian and Denise Albriton <autoharp@...>

Interesting. The tab key and insert f7 is a more efficient way to navigate to links if that's all you want to do. On the other, hand, you should be able to use the arrow keys as well to navigate through the page and all links and intervening text. this is an interesting bug indeed.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian and Denise Albriton" <autoharp@shellworld.net>

He suggested using the F7 feature to create a list of links and this
worked
perfectly.
Never mind that it was unnecessary prior to this latest update but a
simple
enough fix assuming someone of my advancing age can retain this in memory.
:-)
Thanks again Adrian for your unselfish help to all on this list. Mitch
In those days he was wiser than he is now -- he used to
frequently take my advice.
Winston Churchill

Morey Worthington

Hi all,
Using the newest bill of Jaws 13, out yesterday, I just went into the BARD page, signed in, and had no dificulty at all. After signing in, I used the down arrow and it went to the first line of text. Using Win/7 HP on a 32 B machine, so no problem on this end.
HTH
Morey Worthington

Adrian Spratt

As Mitch suggested, it may be an XP problem. From what you say, it is. Maybe
FS is beginning to leave us XP hangers-on in its wake.

Using the newest bill of Jaws 13, out yesterday, I just went into the BARD
page, signed in, and had no dificulty at all. After signing in, I used the
down arrow and it went to the first line of text. Using
Win/7 HP on a 32 B machine, so no problem on this end.
HTH
Morey Worthington

Chairman Mal <chairmanmal@...>

Hello from Austin,
Indeed, FS and Microsoft have both left XP users in the proverbial dust. Eventually, it will choke us. I've reluctantly migrated to Windows 7, but I've held on to my XP for the times I just can't cope with learning more commands, configurations and other dido's.
Regards,
Malcolm Graham

As Mitch suggested, it may be an XP problem. From what you say, it is. Maybe
FS is beginning to leave us XP hangers-on in its wake.

Using the newest bill of Jaws 13, out yesterday, I just went into the BARD
page, signed in, and had no dificulty at all. After signing in, I used the
down arrow and it went to the first line of text. Using
Win/7 HP on a 32 B machine, so no problem on this end.
HTH
Morey Worthington

Brian and Denise Albriton <autoharp@...>

I installed the update and went to bard. After logging in, jaws drops into forms mode making so the arrow keys don't move through the page. m Taking it out of forms mode of course brings the arrow keys back to there usual navigation.
It doesn't do itconsistentanlty, for instance if you go to the google page.
Brian

On Fri, 27 Jul 2012, Morey Worthington wrote:

Hi all,
Using the newest bill of Jaws 13, out yesterday, I just went into the BARD page, signed in, and had no dificulty at all. After signing in, I used the down arrow and it went to the first line of text. Using Win/7 HP on a 32 B machine, so no problem on this end.
HTH
Morey Worthington

Brian and Denise Albriton <autoharp@...>

I'm using windows 7 and duplicated the issue.
Brian

On Fri, 27 Jul 2012, Adrian Spratt wrote:

As Mitch suggested, it may be an XP problem. From what you say, it is. Maybe
FS is beginning to leave us XP hangers-on in its wake.

Using the newest bill of Jaws 13, out yesterday, I just went into the BARD
page, signed in, and had no dificulty at all. After signing in, I used the
down arrow and it went to the first line of text. Using
Win/7 HP on a 32 B machine, so no problem on this end.
HTH
Morey Worthington

Rose Combs <rosecombs@...>

No, I have Windows 7, and IE 9 and have the problem, doing a jaws refresh
screen makes it work the way it should but never had to do that before. I
have all the Windows 7 updates also.

Rose Combs
rosecombs@Q.com

As Mitch suggested, it may be an XP problem. From what you say, it is. Maybe
FS is beginning to leave us XP hangers-on in its wake.

Using the newest bill of Jaws 13, out yesterday, I just went into the BARD
page, signed in, and had no dificulty at all. After signing in, I used the
down arrow and it went to the first line of text. Using
Win/7 HP on a 32 B machine, so no problem on this end.
HTH
Morey Worthington

Dave...

Brian,

Thanks for the good engineering approach to analyzing the problem and
discovering at least one part of the solution. Forms mode would definitely
affect the usual navigation.

As you probably know, it's possible to set a delay value for the auto forms
mode to longer, to help prevent this problem.

Dave Carlson