Emphasis on Exclamations.

Spencer McLean <smclean@...>

I'd like to have Jaws give a bit more oomph to exclamation points. The response is so flat that, without pronunciation on, I usually can't tell if one has been used. the response for question marks is fantastic, so I'm presuming that there's a setting to lend exclamations a bit more kick, presuming or hopeful. Anyone ever played with this?

Spence

Soronel Haetir

If there is, I haven't seen it, I do know the sort of behavior you
desire would be very dependent upon the synthesizer in use.

On 7/7/12, Spencer McLean <smclean@...> wrote:
I'd like to have Jaws give a bit more oomph to exclamation points. The
response is so flat that, without pronunciation on, I usually can't tell if

one has been used. the response for question marks is fantastic, so I'm
presuming that there's a setting to lend exclamations a bit more kick,
presuming or hopeful. Anyone ever played with this?

Spence

Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@...

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Spence,

It seems to me that Jaws used to have an option to change the emphasis. I
could be wrong but, maybe someone can find it somewhere, because I sure
can't. May be this in Openbook but, I know I have seen it somewhere in 1 of
the 2 programs! I looked in Jaws options& the configuration manager /
Settings Center in Jaws6,10,12, & 13 & didn't find it anywhere. I am
mentioning this to hopefully trigger someone's memory on this option. Take
care.
Mike
This email was sent from my iLazyBoy.

If there is, I haven't seen it, I do know the sort of behavior you
desire would be very dependent upon the synthesizer in use.

On 7/7/12, Spencer McLean <smclean@...> wrote:
> I'd like to have Jaws give a bit more oomph to exclamation points. The
> response is so flat that, without pronunciation on, I usually can't tell
if

> one has been used. the response for question marks is fantastic, so I'm
> presuming that there's a setting to lend exclamations a bit more kick,
> presuming or hopeful. Anyone ever played with this?
>
> Spence

Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@...

Adrian Spratt

I remember in recent years a JAWS update added a pause after semicolons and
colons, which I (and surely many others) had advocated. Unfortunately, that
improvement didn't work with my Dectalk Express synthesizer. I don't recall
any enhancement involving exclamation marks.

When I think about it, I wonder what aspect of an exclamation mark the
synthesizer would capture. An exclamation showing surprise? Irony? Gotcha?
An parade sergeant's command?

If there is, I haven't seen it, I do know the sort of behavior you
desire would be very dependent upon the synthesizer in use.

On 7/7/12, Spencer McLean <smclean@...> wrote:
> I'd like to have Jaws give a bit more oomph to exclamation points. The
> response is so flat that, without pronunciation on, I usually can't tell

if

> one has been used. the response for question marks is fantastic, so I'm
> presuming that there's a setting to lend exclamations a bit more kick,
> presuming or hopeful. Anyone ever played with this?
>
> Spence

Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@...

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi All,

I just found what I was looking for in Openbook. In General Settings /
Speech Settings, there is an option called, reading voice inflection. I
think this was what I thought was the option for changing the emphasis
setting.

Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my iLazyBoy.

Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my iLazyBoy.

If there is, I haven't seen it, I do know the sort of behavior you
desire would be very dependent upon the synthesizer in use.

On 7/7/12, Spencer McLean <smclean@...> wrote:
> I'd like to have Jaws give a bit more oomph to exclamation points.
The
> response is so flat that, without pronunciation on, I usually can't
tell

if

> one has been used. the response for question marks is fantastic, so
I'm
> presuming that there's a setting to lend exclamations a bit more kick,
> presuming or hopeful. Anyone ever played with this?
>
> Spence

Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@...

Robert Logue <bobcat11@...>

There was once a way to change Eloquence settings that may have effected enfaces but I don't know if it even works now. Anyone remember or know?

Bob