Solving captcha if you are totally blind.


Conan Evanik <conanevanik@...>
 

Hello, I agree! That new captcha voice is terrible! Also, Why does it
say 2 words when there are more like 5 or 6? What do we do as totally
blind computer users now that webvisum is gone? Is it gone or just
undergoing some kind of upgrade? As a full time internet marketer for
a living myself captcha sucks! At least with webvisum it solved 90% of
my problems but what now? Also, What does it mean when jaws says
application mode? I was trying to fill out a form today but couldn't
get out of this application mode. It seems like forms mode will not
deactivate when I press the pc cursor key.


Soronel Haetir
 

Given how long webvisum development has been awol I suspect it is
simply gone now.

On 6/20/12, Conan Evanik <conanevanik@...> wrote:
Hello, I agree! That new captcha voice is terrible! Also, Why does it
say 2 words when there are more like 5 or 6? What do we do as totally
blind computer users now that webvisum is gone? Is it gone or just
undergoing some kind of upgrade? As a full time internet marketer for
a living myself captcha sucks! At least with webvisum it solved 90% of
my problems but what now? Also, What does it mean when jaws says
application mode? I was trying to fill out a form today but couldn't
get out of this application mode. It seems like forms mode will not
deactivate when I press the pc cursor key.

_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com
--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@...


Mohsin Ali
 

not logging in of web visum is very painful! indeed !

On 6/21/12, Soronel Haetir <soronel.haetir@...> wrote:
Given how long webvisum development has been awol I suspect it is
simply gone now.

On 6/20/12, Conan Evanik <conanevanik@...> wrote:
Hello, I agree! That new captcha voice is terrible! Also, Why does it
say 2 words when there are more like 5 or 6? What do we do as totally
blind computer users now that webvisum is gone? Is it gone or just
undergoing some kind of upgrade? As a full time internet marketer for
a living myself captcha sucks! At least with webvisum it solved 90% of
my problems but what now? Also, What does it mean when jaws says
application mode? I was trying to fill out a form today but couldn't
get out of this application mode. It seems like forms mode will not
deactivate when I press the pc cursor key.

_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@...

_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com
--
"Some are those who are awake while sleeping and others are those who
are sleeping while they are awake "
"Always be careful for little mistakes in life , because nobody slips
by the mountains but the little stones "
"life is not that you live for yourself , but its actually when you
live for others "
"Always do good but to others but never expect the same from them "
"life is too short so, live it before its gone " with
best regards
Mohsin Ali
if you wana contact me then, my ,

Skype ID is: mohsin.ameer2
Facebook ID is: http://www.facebook.com/mohsin.ameer.tahir


Email ID is : smatbn@...


Raymond Lombardi <ray214@...>
 

It's a new thing that freedom scientific has done called aria.
I forget what it is for though.


Rose Combs <rosecombs@...>
 

Aria is not a FS application, it is part of a web development process.


Rose Combs
rosecombs@Q.com

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounces@... [mailto:jfw-bounces@...]
On Behalf Of Raymond Lombardi
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 5:12 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Solving captcha if you are totally blind.

It's a new thing that freedom scientific has done called aria.
I forget what it is for though.


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


Dave...
 

Raymond -- What! You need to do some research before posting aspersions like
that. Absolutely not true.

Dave Carlson
Tastefully composed and launched near the Pacific Ocean using a Dell
Latitude E6520, JAWS 13.0.718, and Windows 7 Professional 32-bit

----- Original Message -----
From: "Raymond Lombardi" <ray214@...>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@...>
Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2012 05:12
Subject: Re: Solving captcha if you are totally blind.


It's a new thing that freedom scientific has done called aria.
I forget what it is for though.


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


George B
 

because it takes both the first letter of each word you type and gives you
also a chance of getting it correct if you get two of the five words correct
in your answer

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounces@... [mailto:jfw-bounces@...
jdh.com] On Behalf Of Conan Evanik
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2012 20:59
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Solving captcha if you are totally blind.

Hello, I agree! That new captcha voice is terrible! Also, Why does it
say 2 words when there are more like 5 or 6? What do we do as totally
blind computer users now that webvisum is gone? Is it gone or just
undergoing some kind of upgrade? As a full time internet marketer for
a living myself captcha sucks! At least with webvisum it solved 90% of
my problems but what now? Also, What does it mean when jaws says
application mode? I was trying to fill out a form today but couldn't
get out of this application mode. It seems like forms mode will not
deactivate when I press the pc cursor key.

_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


Chris Smart <csmart8@...>
 

Raymond, Google is your friend.
Freedom Scientific did not invent ARIA that I know of.
Do some reading here - all the info you could want, and then some:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/aria.php


At 08:12 AM 6/21/2012, you wrote:
It's a new thing that freedom scientific has done called aria.
I forget what it is for though.


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com
--------------------------------------------------
CTS MASTERING: http://www.ctsmastering.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/CTSMASTERING
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CTS-Mastering/139114066128698
Linked In: http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/chris-smart/46/824/536
Dropbox: Have your stuff when you need it. 2GB is free: http://db.tt/bQ2GuIt


Raymond Lombardi <ray214@...>
 

tthey put it into Jaws Chris.


Chris Smart <csmart8@...>
 

Pardon??

At 09:27 AM 6/22/2012, you wrote:
tthey put it into Jaws Chris.
--------------------------------------------------
CTS MASTERING: http://www.ctsmastering.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/CTSMASTERING
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CTS-Mastering/139114066128698
Linked In: http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/chris-smart/46/824/536
Dropbox: Have your stuff when you need it. 2GB is free: http://db.tt/bQ2GuIt


Soronel Haetir
 

I think he was referring to this challenge solving logic. It would
make a certain amount of sense to extend the work they've done to
incorporate basic OCR to be able to handle such situations.

Although that would require very IE and Firefox specific code, and I'm
not sure how much of that they (FS) want.

On 6/22/12, Chris Smart <csmart8@...> wrote:
Pardon??

At 09:27 AM 6/22/2012, you wrote:
tthey put it into Jaws Chris.
--------------------------------------------------
CTS MASTERING: http://www.ctsmastering.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/CTSMASTERING
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CTS-Mastering/139114066128698
Linked In: http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/chris-smart/46/824/536
Dropbox: Have your stuff when you need it. 2GB is free:
http://db.tt/bQ2GuIt


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com
--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@...


Bissett, Tom <tom.bissett@...>
 

It would be really great if FS could build in such support. Maybe they could spend their efferts there rather than on researchit. Much more useful.
Regards
Tom Bisset

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounces@... [mailto:jfw-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Soronel Haetir
Sent: June 22, 2012 3:22 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Solving captcha if you are totally blind.

I think he was referring to this challenge solving logic. It would
make a certain amount of sense to extend the work they've done to
incorporate basic OCR to be able to handle such situations.

Although that would require very IE and Firefox specific code, and I'm
not sure how much of that they (FS) want.

On 6/22/12, Chris Smart <csmart8@...> wrote:
Pardon??

At 09:27 AM 6/22/2012, you wrote:
tthey put it into Jaws Chris.
--------------------------------------------------
CTS MASTERING: http://www.ctsmastering.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/CTSMASTERING
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CTS-Mastering/139114066128698
Linked In: http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/chris-smart/46/824/536
Dropbox: Have your stuff when you need it. 2GB is free:
http://db.tt/bQ2GuIt


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@...

_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@...
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com