Enabling virtual ribbons on a windows 7 laptop

Tom Behler

Hello.

I have heard that Windows 7 works much better if you enable virtual ribbons
in Jaws 13.

I have successfully done this on my new Windows PC at work, but can't seem
to get this accomplished with my Windows 7 laptop.

Can someone give me the steps for doing this, and let me know if it has to
be done differently on a laptop set-up?

Thanks!

Tom Behler from Michigan

Ann Byrne

Jawskey + v to get to quick settings, tab once to the list of choices, and press 'v' till the checkbox for virtual ribbon menus is displayed. Check or uncheck it. then open the applications menu and choose whether this setting should be permanent or temporary. then close the dialog.

At 08:40 PM 5/25/2012, you wrote:
Hello.

I have heard that Windows 7 works much better if you enable virtual ribbons
in Jaws 13.

I have successfully done this on my new Windows PC at work, but can't seem
to get this accomplished with my Windows 7 laptop.

Can someone give me the steps for doing this, and let me know if it has to
be done differently on a laptop set-up?

Thanks!

Tom Behler from Michigan

David <davidwhitehead1957@...>

Hello there;
In all due respect,
I totally disagree with the following statement.
I have heard that Windows 7 works much better if you enable virtual ribbons
in Jaws 13.
Well, windows 7, really doesn't care if you have the jaws ribbon feature on
or off.
The jaws ribbon feature only applies to the office 2010 and some of office
2007.
Having the ribbon feature on enables one to be able to navigate the menu's
easier.
In my opinion for what it's worth,
Using the ribbon feature really doesn't teach one how to use the ribbon
menu's effectively.
Plus, having the jaws ribbon feature on,
Inhibits one from using outlook hotkeys for the various ribbon items.

I have heard that Windows 7 works much better if you enable virtual ribbons
in Jaws 13.

I have successfully done this on my new Windows PC at work, but can't seem
to get this accomplished with my Windows 7 laptop.

Can someone give me the steps for doing this, and let me know if it has to
be done differently on a laptop set-up?

Thanks!

Tom Behler from Michigan

Tom Behler

Ann:

Ok, I think I have virtual ribbons checked, but how do I get to the
applications menu to make this a permanent change?

Thanks!

Tom Behler

At 08:40 PM 5/25/2012, you wrote:
Hello.

I have heard that Windows 7 works much better if you enable virtual
ribbons in Jaws 13.

I have successfully done this on my new Windows PC at work, but can't
seem to get this accomplished with my Windows 7 laptop.

Can someone give me the steps for doing this, and let me know if it
has to be done differently on a laptop set-up?

Thanks!

Tom Behler from Michigan

Tom Behler

David:

You bring up some good points here, and I appreciate them.

I'm just trying to figure out the best way to do things here with my new
Windows 7 computer at work, and with this Windows 7 laptop.

Part of my problem is time constraints with the new job, and trying to
become fully functional as quickly as possible.

But, again, I understand completely about ultimately needing to know how to
get around the ribbons.

Tom Behler

I have heard that Windows 7 works much better if you enable virtual ribbons
in Jaws 13.

I have successfully done this on my new Windows PC at work, but can't seem
to get this accomplished with my Windows 7 laptop.

Can someone give me the steps for doing this, and let me know if it has to
be done differently on a laptop set-up?

Thanks!

Tom Behler from Michigan

Ann Byrne

It probably defaults to permanent.

To get to the applications menu without an applications menu key, press shift+f10.

At 08:40 PM 5/25/2012, you wrote:
Hello.

I have heard that Windows 7 works much better if you enable virtual
ribbons in Jaws 13.

I have successfully done this on my new Windows PC at work, but can't
seem to get this accomplished with my Windows 7 laptop.

Can someone give me the steps for doing this, and let me know if it
has to be done differently on a laptop set-up?

Thanks!

Tom Behler from Michigan

dan Kerstetter <dhk55@...>

Tom, you'll want to go to the default settings before you make the change.
I believe even on a laptop the keystroke is control shift d. Then you can
make your change to turn on the virtual ribbon.

HTH

Dan

At 08:40 PM 5/25/2012, you wrote:
Hello.

I have heard that Windows 7 works much better if you enable virtual
ribbons in Jaws 13.

I have successfully done this on my new Windows PC at work, but can't
seem to get this accomplished with my Windows 7 laptop.

Can someone give me the steps for doing this, and let me know if it
has to be done differently on a laptop set-up?

Thanks!

Tom Behler from Michigan

Tom Behler

I think I got it now. ... Thanks!

Tom Behler

At 08:40 PM 5/25/2012, you wrote:
Hello.

I have heard that Windows 7 works much better if you enable virtual
ribbons in Jaws 13.

I have successfully done this on my new Windows PC at work, but can't
seem to get this accomplished with my Windows 7 laptop.

Can someone give me the steps for doing this, and let me know if it
has to be done differently on a laptop set-up?

Thanks!

Tom Behler from Michigan

Tom Behler

Dan:

I think I have made the changes, and they are staying as I want them.

I can't seem to get to the default setting via control shift B. though on
this laptop.

Perhaps it doesn't matter, though.

Tom Behler

At 08:40 PM 5/25/2012, you wrote:
Hello.

I have heard that Windows 7 works much better if you enable virtual
ribbons in Jaws 13.

I have successfully done this on my new Windows PC at work, but can't
seem to get this accomplished with my Windows 7 laptop.

Can someone give me the steps for doing this, and let me know if it
has to be done differently on a laptop set-up?

Thanks!

Tom Behler from Michigan

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, to get to the default it is Control Shift D as in dog, not Control Shift B as in banking.
Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7170 (20120526) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 7170 (20120526) __________