From: "Ann Byrne" <annakb@...>
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@...>
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 9:32 PM
Subject: Cell width in Excel

How do I find out the width of a cell in Excel 2010? I thought insert+f1 included cell width, but it appears not to.

Thanks a bunch.

Ann

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

Alt h o w.

Kimsan Song Online Access Technology Trainer
509.396.1646
www.BlindAccessTraining.com
Twitter:
http://twitter.com/#!/blindaccess

How do I find out the width of a cell in Excel 2010? I thought
insert+f1 included cell width, but it appears not to.

Thanks a bunch.

Ann

bob mathews <bmathews@...>

Hi , also I think in 2007-2010 with ribbons turned on:
ALT, DOWN ARROW TO CELLS, RIGHT ARROW ONCE, F, W, read the with, then tab
once to OK and enter.

How do I find out the width of a cell in Excel 2010? I thought
insert+f1 included cell width, but it appears not to.

Thanks a bunch.

Ann

Ann Byrne

insert+f gives cell width, but it's in a different measurement from the work sheet. So 8.43 characters turns into 4 something elses.

At 10:31 PM 5/23/2012, you wrote:
I figured it out at work today but I can't tell you how until I get back on the windows 7 machine Tuesday. It is tied up in a ribbon. {;-) Grin If I don't see the answer on the list I'll give it a try again and post the procedure.

David Maynard

Franklin NC

dmaynard35@...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ann Byrne" <annakb@...>