From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Brandon Keith Biggs
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 5:51 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Access Key in Firefox?

Hello,
I'm on a school website called Etudes and I'm using Firefox to take some
quizzes that crash in IE. I'm wondering if there is something special I need
to do to use the short cut key commands?
The access key in Firefox is alt + shift. I've tried using this, but Jaws
says "Not in a table." Is there a way to bypass this function so I can hit
alt shift n and alt shift f along with all the other shortcut commands?
I'm using Jaws 11 with Windows 7.
Thank you,

Brandon Keith Biggs

Brandon Keith Biggs <brandonboy13@...>

Hello,
I have no idea what you are talking about, Jaws' number row just goes to headings I think... Is there a way to make alt + shift be 1? Or make a hot key be a number key?
The hot keys I use are: alt + shift + n, alt + shift + r, alt + shift + f and alt + shift + s.
Thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs

Have you tried JAWS on the number row, above the letters?

I'm on a school website called Etudes and I'm using Firefox to take some
quizzes that crash in IE. I'm wondering if there is something special I need
to do to use the short cut key commands?
The access key in Firefox is alt + shift. I've tried using this, but Jaws
says "Not in a table." Is there a way to bypass this function so I can hit
alt shift n and alt shift f along with all the other shortcut commands?
I'm using Jaws 11 with Windows 7.
Thank you,

Brandon Keith Biggs

Adrian Spratt

Press those number keys independently and, yes, they are quick navigation
keys. However, I said press the 3 key together with the JAWS key. That is
the pass-through key combination, which is what you were asking about. When
you press this combination, the keystroke that follows immediately will be
controlled by the active application, not JAWS.

Have you tried JAWS on the number row, above the letters?

I'm on a school website called Etudes and I'm using Firefox to take some
quizzes that crash in IE. I'm wondering if there is something special I need
to do to use the short cut key commands?
The access key in Firefox is alt + shift. I've tried using this, but Jaws
says "Not in a table." Is there a way to bypass this function so I can hit
alt shift n and alt shift f along with all the other shortcut commands?
I'm using Jaws 11 with Windows 7.
Thank you,

Brandon Keith Biggs

dave grossoehme

What happens if you use the Jaws pass key command which is the incert on the numpad with the number 3 on the top row of the keyboard?
Your Friend Dave