Outlook 2010 and JAWS reading expand and collapse

Dondi

Hi Everyone,

Here's a question I heard on the BlindTech email list but I thought it
belonged here in the JAWS list. In Outlook 2010 how do you get JAWS to
announce expand and collapse when in the conversation view?

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit

JAWS 13

Dondi

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams.

David <davidwhitehead1957@...>

Hello there;
I believe you would need to label the graphics?

On Behalf Of Dondi from the valley of the sun
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 11:46 PM
To: JAWS list
Subject: Outlook 2010 and JAWS reading expand and collapse

Hi Everyone,

Here's a question I heard on the BlindTech email list but I thought it
belonged here in the JAWS list. In Outlook 2010 how do you get JAWS to
announce expand and collapse when in the conversation view?

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit

JAWS 13

Dondi

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams.

Dondi

Hi,

You wouldn't happen to know how to label these graphics in Outlook 2010 and
JAWS 13, would you?

Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 11:46 PM
To: JAWS list

Hi Everyone,

Here's a question I heard on the BlindTech email list but I thought it
belonged here in the JAWS list. In Outlook 2010 how do you get JAWS to
announce expand and collapse when in the conversation view?

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit

JAWS 13

Dondi

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams.

Adrian Spratt

Dondi,

Graphics labeling is a JAWS function. You could start learning about it by
going into key identifier mode with JAWS key+1 on the numbers row above the
letters. Then press JAWS key+g and control+JAWS key+g to have their
functions described.

Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 11:46 PM
To: JAWS list

Hi Everyone,

Here's a question I heard on the BlindTech email list but I thought it
belonged here in the JAWS list. In Outlook 2010 how do you get JAWS to
announce expand and collapse when in the conversation view?

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit

JAWS 13

Dondi

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams.

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

Insert+G runs the graphics labeler.

Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 11:46 PM
To: JAWS list

Hi Everyone,

Here's a question I heard on the BlindTech email list but I thought it
belonged here in the JAWS list. In Outlook 2010 how do you get JAWS to
announce expand and collapse when in the conversation view?

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit

JAWS 13

Dondi

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams.

http://www.ctsmastering.com

http://db.tt/bQ2GuIt

Mike & Barbara <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Dondi,

Here you go;

Creating a Graphic Label Manually
To practice creating a Graphic Label, use HJPad. To launch HJPad go to
Start, Programs, JAWS X (where X is the JAWS version number), Run HJPad.

Using the Graphics Labeler is easy, but before you start ensure that you
have speak graphics verbosity turned on. Follow these steps to be sure:

With HJPad open, press INSERT+V to bring up the Verbosity dialog box.
Press G to move to the Graphics Verbosity item in the list box.
Press the SPACEBAR until you hear JAWS say, "All graphics," and then press
ENTER.
Now that all graphics will be spoken, you are ready to find a graphic to
label.

Press the NUM PAD MINUS key to activate the JAWS cursor.
Tip: To navigate to the toolbar, first press PAGE UP to move to the top of
the window, and then press HOME to move to the top, left.

Use the arrow keys to move to the first toolbar button. You will hear,
"Graphic XXX." XXX can indicate any number.
Press INSERT+G to open the Graphics Labeler.
When the Graphics Labeler is opened, the focus is in the edit field, where
you should enter the label for the graphic. It will contain the graphic
number.
Press the delete key to remove the number then, type the name for your
graphic.
Press the TAB key to move to the Braille label field. Here you can enter a
label for a Braille display.
Next press the TAB key to move to a group of radio buttons that will let you
determine where you want to save the label, in the application file, default
file, or both files. Choose the application file.
Press ENTER to activate your graphic label.
Note: To edit a graphic label, use the same procedure that you would to
create a new graphic label, and just change the name of the label in the
Graphics
Labeler when it opens. To delete a graphic label, do the same, but delete
the name in the Graphics Labeler.

Using the Auto Graphics Labeler
The Auto Graphics Labeler assigns a text label to all graphics that are
associated with ToolTips. A ToolTip is a brief description of a graphic that
appears
on the screen as you point to the graphic with your mouse.

To activate the Auto Graphics Labeler, open the desired application, and
press CTRL+INSERT+G.

JAWS will attempt to label all graphics. Do not move the mouse or press any
keys on the keyboard until JAWS states that the Auto Graphics Labeler is
finished.
When JAWS finishes, it will announce the newly labeled graphics.

After using the Auto Graphics Labeler, you can use CTRL+INSERT+SHIFT+G to
bring up the Select Graphic to Click Dialog box. With this dialog box, you
can
use your arrow keys to move through the available graphics, and then press
the TAB key to move to the OK button and press ENTER to activate the graphic
you selected.

Hope this helped. Take care.
Mike

Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 11:46 PM
To: JAWS list

Hi Everyone,

Here's a question I heard on the BlindTech email list but I thought it
belonged here in the JAWS list. In Outlook 2010 how do you get JAWS to
announce expand and collapse when in the conversation view?

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit

JAWS 13

Dondi

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams.

Rose Combs <rosecombs@...>

Only problem I see with this scenario is how do you know what the unlabeled
graphics is to label it, that is generally my problem.

Rose Combs
rosecombs@Q.com

Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 11:46 PM
To: JAWS list

Hi Everyone,

Here's a question I heard on the BlindTech email list but I thought it
belonged here in the JAWS list. In Outlook 2010 how do you get JAWS to
announce expand and collapse when in the conversation view?

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit

JAWS 13

Dondi

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams.

Dave...

Rose,

The simple answer to that is to first launch the graphical link to see what
it does. Then go back a page and label the graphic. Time-consuming, but
important if it's a page you will use often.

Dave Carlson

Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 11:46 PM
To: JAWS list

Hi Everyone,

Here's a question I heard on the BlindTech email list but I thought it
belonged here in the JAWS list. In Outlook 2010 how do you get JAWS to
announce expand and collapse when in the conversation view?

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit

JAWS 13

Dondi

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams.

Dondi

Hi Mike,

I still have a few questions about all this. I did the practice part of your
procedure by starting with HJPad. And I was able to label the bold button
and a few others but how do I access these buttons in HJPad with the PC
cursor. Or can I only find these buttons with the JAWS cursor.

The second part was in Outlook 2010. I had a sighted friend help me today
and he said on conversations in one folder there was no graphic symbol
indicating when a conversation was collapsed and expanded. He said all he
saw to indicate a conversation was the number two. In another folder he saw
a arrow pointing to the right to indicate a collapsed conversation and the
down pointing arrow for expanded. But when I turned on the JAWS cursor and
tried to find these symbols as a graphics number I couldn't find anything.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 11:46 PM
To: JAWS list

Hi Everyone,

Here's a question I heard on the BlindTech email list but I thought it
belonged here in the JAWS list. In Outlook 2010 how do you get JAWS to
announce expand and collapse when in the conversation view?

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit

JAWS 13

Dondi

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams.

Mike & Barbara <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Dondi,

The practice info for HJ Pad came from Freedom Scientific & I have never
played around with labeling graphics in HJ Pad myself.

I was able to label the collapse & expanded graphics in Windows Mail but,
since I don't run Outlook, I don't know what to tell you. I don't have
access to Outlook 2010 to have a look at the way it is setup.

Below is a link for an Email Clients List that is run by a fellow list
member.

email-clients-with-screen-readers-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

I would suggest that you join this list & I think you will be able to get
any questions you have answered from this list. I am really sorry I
couldn't help you any further. Take care.