From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of John Sherrer
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 9:39 AM
To: 'The Jaws for Windows support list.'
Subject: Focus Button Keystroke

Hi Folks
Is their a JAWS Keystroke that will tell you which Button has focus?
I have looked at the JAWS Help and found nothing.
I have JAWS 13 with W7 running 64 bit.
I am using Word 2007 with the spell check dialog, and I want to know if the
Change button has focus, now I just tab to the dhange button or another
button. I have a large document to spell check, actually I am grammer
checking, since I have a tendency to add extra spaces.
John

Dave...

John,

I think it's Insert+B.

Dave Carlson

Is their a JAWS Keystroke that will tell you which Button has focus?
I have looked at the JAWS Help and found nothing.
I have JAWS 13 with W7 running 64 bit.
I am using Word 2007 with the spell check dialog, and I want to know if the
Change button has focus, now I just tab to the dhange button or another
button. I have a large document to spell check, actually I am grammer
checking, since I have a tendency to add extra spaces.
John

Jimmy Jones

Insert+e in a dialog box.

Is their a JAWS Keystroke that will tell you which Button has focus?
I have looked at the JAWS Help and found nothing.
I have JAWS 13 with W7 running 64 bit.
I am using Word 2007 with the spell check dialog, and I want to know if the
Change button has focus, now I just tab to the dhange button or another
button. I have a large document to spell check, actually I am grammer
checking, since I have a tendency to add extra spaces.
John

David <davidwhitehead1957@...>

Hello there;

The keystroke your looking for is:

Insert+e,

This will give you the focus button,
Example;
Yes button, no button.

Is their a JAWS Keystroke that will tell you which Button has focus?
I have looked at the JAWS Help and found nothing.
I have JAWS 13 with W7 running 64 bit.
I am using Word 2007 with the spell check dialog, and I want to know if the
Change button has focus, now I just tab to the dhange button or another
button. I have a large document to spell check, actually I am grammer
checking, since I have a tendency to add extra spaces.
John

Dave...

I stand corrected. Insert+E it is. Insert+B reads all controls located in a
dialog, when appropriate.

Dave Carlson

Is their a JAWS Keystroke that will tell you which Button has focus?
I have looked at the JAWS Help and found nothing.
I have JAWS 13 with W7 running 64 bit.
I am using Word 2007 with the spell check dialog, and I want to know if the
Change button has focus, now I just tab to the dhange button or another
button. I have a large document to spell check, actually I am grammer
checking, since I have a tendency to add extra spaces.
John

Steve Matzura

Actually, it's read current word, as read current line may tell you
more than you want or need to know.

Insert+E does not tell you which control has focus, it tells you what
the default control is if you were to press ENTER. Not the same thing
at all.

On Wed, 4 Apr 2012 09:39:14 -0400, you wrote:

Hi Folks
Is their a JAWS Keystroke that will tell you which Button has focus?
I have looked at the JAWS Help and found nothing.
I have JAWS 13 with W7 running 64 bit.
I am using Word 2007 with the spell check dialog, and I want to know if the
Change button has focus, now I just tab to the dhange button or another
button. I have a large document to spell check, actually I am grammer
checking, since I have a tendency to add extra spaces.
John

Gary King

John,
If you want to activate the Change Button, press Alt c. This way, it doesn't matter which button has focus. There are Alt-Key combinations for the other buttons in the dialog as well. JAWS should speak them as you Tab to them. If not, you will need to make a change in JAWS that controls what keys are spoken.
Gary King
w4wkz@bellsouth.net

Is their a JAWS Keystroke that will tell you which Button has focus?
I have looked at the JAWS Help and found nothing.
I have JAWS 13 with W7 running 64 bit.
I am using Word 2007 with the spell check dialog, and I want to know if the
Change button has focus, now I just tab to the dhange button or another
button. I have a large document to spell check, actually I am grammer
checking, since I have a tendency to add extra spaces.
John

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Shades of Paul Simon, Dave?

Is their a JAWS Keystroke that will tell you which Button has focus?
I have looked at the JAWS Help and found nothing.
I have JAWS 13 with W7 running 64 bit.
I am using Word 2007 with the spell check dialog, and I want to know if
the
Change button has focus, now I just tab to the dhange button or another
button. I have a large document to spell check, actually I am grammer
checking, since I have a tendency to add extra spaces.
John

Gary King

Sometimes, it is necessary to have patience when reading through the answers on an email list.
Gary King
w4wkz@bellsouth.net

Actually, it's read current word, as read current line may tell you
more than you want or need to know.

Insert+E does not tell you which control has focus, it tells you what
the default control is if you were to press ENTER. Not the same thing
at all.

On Wed, 4 Apr 2012 09:39:14 -0400, you wrote:

Hi Folks
Is their a JAWS Keystroke that will tell you which Button has focus?
I have looked at the JAWS Help and found nothing.
I have JAWS 13 with W7 running 64 bit.
I am using Word 2007 with the spell check dialog, and I want to know if the
Change button has focus, now I just tab to the dhange button or another
button. I have a large document to spell check, actually I am grammer
checking, since I have a tendency to add extra spaces.
John

Dave...

Ted,

Yes, Simon and Garfunkel shall forever live in my musical memories. Glad you
caught it.

Dave Carlson

From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com
Yes, Simon and Garfunkel shall forever live in my musical memories.
Glad
you caught it.

Dave Carlson
Tastefully composed and transmitted from somewhere in the Western
United

Tastefully composed and transmitted from somewhere in the Western
United

Is their a JAWS Keystroke that will tell you which Button has focus?
I have looked at the JAWS Help and found nothing.
I have JAWS 13 with W7 running 64 bit.
I am using Word 2007 with the spell check dialog, and I want to know if
the
Change button has focus, now I just tab to the dhange button or another
button. I have a large document to spell check, actually I am grammer
checking, since I have a tendency to add extra spaces.
John

Adrian Spratt

Ted and Dave had sniffed some parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme and were
feeling groovy.

and what did this have to do focus buttons

That album's a classic, and back in print, including bonus tracks.

Ted

Yes, Simon and Garfunkel shall forever live in my musical memories. Glad you
caught it.

Dave Carlson Tastefully composed and transmitted from somewhere in the
Western United States, using a Dell Latitude E6520 and Windows 7

Dave Carlson Tastefully composed and transmitted from somewhere in the
Western United States, using a Dell Latitude E6520 and Windows 7

Hi Folks Is their a JAWS Keystroke that will tell you which Button has
focus? I have looked at the JAWS Help and found nothing. I have JAWS 13 with
W7 running 64 bit. I am using Word 2007 with the spell check dialog, and I
want to know if the Change button has focus, now I just tab to the dhange
button or another button. I have a large document to spell check, actually I
am grammer checking, since I have a tendency to add extra spaces. John

Dave...

... and under the 59th Street Bridge, no less.

And now we'd better stop this thread or incur the wrath of "A Most Peculiar
Man".

Dave Carlson

Ted and Dave had sniffed some parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme and were
feeling groovy.

and what did this have to do focus buttons

That album's a classic, and back in print, including bonus tracks.

Ted

Dave Carlson Tastefully composed and transmitted from somewhere in the
Western United States, using a Dell Latitude E6520 and Windows 7

Hi Folks Is their a JAWS Keystroke that will tell you which Button has
focus? I have looked at the JAWS Help and found nothing. I have JAWS 13 with
W7 running 64 bit. I am using Word 2007 with the spell check dialog, and I
want to know if the Change button has focus, now I just tab to the dhange
button or another button. I have a large document to spell check, actually I
am grammer checking, since I have a tendency to add extra spaces. John

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Just wanted to make your day, George. When you get my age, you get your
kicks however you can.

Ted

Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 10:37
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.

That album's a classic, and back in print, including bonus tracks.

Ted

Tastefully composed and transmitted from somewhere in the Western
United States, using a Dell Latitude E6520 and Windows 7

Is their a JAWS Keystroke that will tell you which Button has focus?
I have looked at the JAWS Help and found nothing.
I have JAWS 13 with W7 running 64 bit.
I am using Word 2007 with the spell check dialog, and I want to know
if the Change button has focus, now I just tab to the dhange button or
another button. I have a large document to spell check, actually I am
grammer checking, since I have a tendency to add extra spaces.
John

John ESherrer

It tells you which button will activate when the enter key is pressed.
John

Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2012 10:37
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.