Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 08:11:13 -0400
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com (on behalf of "Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)" <Ted.Lisle@ky.gov>)
Subject: RE: best antivirus with Jaws
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>

Also, can it be downloaded but not installed? I understand it's a
handful, so I'd like to download it on a fast connection, then use a
thumb drive to install it at the house. I'll probably wait until Avira
expires late this year.

Ted

David <davidwhitehead1957@...>

Hello there;

Malware bytes works just fine with jaws.

Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 08:11:13 -0400
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com (on behalf of "Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)"
<Ted.Lisle@ky.gov>)
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>

Also, can it be downloaded but not installed? I understand it's a
handful, so I'd like to download it on a fast connection, then use a
thumb drive to install it at the house. I'll probably wait until Avira
expires late this year.

Ted

epierce@...

Ok, cool. Does JAWS work in windows "safe mode"?

Malware bytes works just fine with jaws.

Angela Delicata <angeladelicata@...>

I do not thinks so..
Jaws doesn't work in safe mode.

Angela from Italy

--
"Ricerchiamo la giustizia, cosa pi preziosa di ogni ricchezza". (Marco
Tullio Cicerone).

Ok, cool. Does JAWS work in windows "safe mode"?

Malware bytes works just fine with jaws.

Sponsor:
Conto Corrente Arancio. Carta di credito e prelievi gratis. Scopri i vantaggi!
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=12248&d=31-3

epierce@...

As I suspected, thanks.

Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 07:24:04 -0400
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com (on behalf of "David"
<davidwhitehead1957@cogeco.ca>)
To: "'The Jaws for Windows support list.'" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>

Hello there;

Malware bytes works just fine with jaws.

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

not that i know of.

At 02:33 PM 3/31/2012, you wrote:
Ok, cool. Does JAWS work in windows "safe mode"?

Malware bytes works just fine with jaws.

http://www.ctsmastering.com

http://db.tt/bQ2GuIt

epierce@...

Ouch. How do you deal with using safe mode? Sighted assistance?

Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 12:06:02 -0700
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com (on behalf of "Farfar TGIF"
<dgcarlson@sbcglobal.net>)
To: "The Jaws for Windows support list." <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>

No. JAWS needs the drivers that are not installed in Safe Mode.

Gary King

There was a post, I think it was on this list, a while back that gave instructions for a registry hack that would allow a USB headset to work with a screen reader in safe mode. I didn't try it since I didn't know just how safe Safe Mode would be afterwards. A Google search containing the words "sound Safe Mode" might turn up some information.

Gary King
w4wkz@bellsouth.net

No. JAWS needs the drivers that are not installed in Safe Mode.

Dave Carlson

Ok, cool. Does JAWS work in windows "safe mode"?

Malware bytes works just fine with jaws.

David <davidwhitehead1957@...>

Hello there;

Subject:
 want some audio in your safe mode?

for all the techies who havent heard about this yet.
audio in safe mode, download the keys from the sendspace link at the
bottom

Instructions

while in safe mode I use NVDA as the screen reader, then dont need to
install the video driver.

how to use the keys
if windows can boot ok & windows is running
then just press enter on the key, activate sound in safe mode.reg
you need to say yes & this will add keys to the safe boot tree in the
registry that will enable the audio service to startup
now you can boot into safe mode using the following 2 methods
1.
press windows r to open the run box
in the run box type, msconfig & press enter
the system configuration window will open
either shift tab once to get up into the tabs & use the right arrow,
or use control tab & find the boot tab
its called the Boot tab in windows 7, boot.ini tab in xp
once on the boot tab, start tabbing through the options & you will find
boot option Safe boot, you need to check this
then tab once more & you will find radio buttons
use the arrow keys to choose either minimal or network
if you are trouble shooting a connection issue & you want network
support, then choos network
note, if you choose network, while you are connected to the internet
you have no securety running.
if you dont want network support, then choos mimimal
now just tab to the ok button & hit the space bar.
on xp you will get a window saying need to restart, on windows 7 you
will not recieve this & need to restart the system yourself.
while booting up, if you have user accounts setup, it will hang on
this screen & wait for you to choos a user & put in the password
On xp when the system boots into safe mode you will here the windows
log on sound & then you will hear a ding sound,
the ding is a window stating you are in safe mode, just press enter to
say
ok.
You will not get this ding sound in windows 7.
dont forget things in safe mode are a lot slower, so wait a while for
the desktop & so on to load before you try to start NVDA
In xp when you get NVDA running you may find a system configuration
window saying, is in selective mode & so on, I normally tab to never
show this again & check it, then tab to ok
Once you are finished doing what you want to in safe mode, you need
to go back into msconfig into the boot tab & uncheck boot into safe
mode.
If you dont do this, you will just keep starting up in safe mode.

2. reboot & after the bios screen hit f8, once the options come up,
choose safe mode or safe mode with networking.

how to use the keys If windows is broken & wont boot up normally
boot into safe mode
plug in a USB stick, I have named mine zebra, so all I do is open
computer, by pressing windows e, & press z, this then lands me on my
stick
then go into the stick & I press, A to land on activate sound with
safe mode.reg
then hit enter on it, then hit enter again to say yes, and the keys are
set.
then you need to reboot back into safe mode for the audio service to
start
up.

If the onboard audio doesn't startup, then you will need to use a USB
headset.

It works great & it's a real help when trouble shooting issues.

No. JAWS needs the drivers that are not installed in Safe Mode.

Dave Carlson

Ok, cool. Does JAWS work in windows "safe mode"?

Malware bytes works just fine with jaws.

Dondi

Hi Everyone,

What about these registry keys, don't we need to install these to do this?
And will JAWS be able to run under safe mode with this setup like this?

Dondi
We are the music makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams.

No. JAWS needs the drivers that are not installed in Safe Mode.

Dave Carlson

Ok, cool. Does JAWS work in windows "safe mode"?

Malware bytes works just fine with jaws.

Robert Logue <bobcat11@...>

To make this Jaws relevant. I think Jaws should have a safe mode version, even if functionality is limited, so that we can at least fix our systems independently.
I want to encourage people to write to Microsoft and have this method tested to be safe.
I checked the message with the keys in text and found parts that could be anything for example:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
@="[6cFgE][S?û?d, ?ìdeô ??d gª?è ¢o?tr?l?è?s !!! !!! !]"

What is that?

Who do we contact at Microsoft to have this tested? It is about time blind people had this access to safe mode but it really needs to be safe.

I realize this is not a Jaws issue and is off list. What list can we take this to instead.
Bob
BTW: Where is the sendspace file now?

No. JAWS needs the drivers that are not installed in Safe Mode.

Dave Carlson

Ok, cool. Does JAWS work in windows "safe mode"?

Malware bytes works just fine with jaws.

Dondi

Hi Bob,

There's a very good list called BlindTech for anything related to the blind
and technology. This wouldn't be off topic there. You can sign up here:

Dondi
We are the music makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams.

No. JAWS needs the drivers that are not installed in Safe Mode.

Dave Carlson

Ok, cool. Does JAWS work in windows "safe mode"?

Malware bytes works just fine with jaws.

Angela Delicata <angeladelicata@...>

I thinks so.
Sighted assistance is the only way to go.
Angela from Italy.

.
--
"Ricerchiamo la giustizia, cosa più preziosa di ogni ricchezza". (Marco Tullio Cicerone).

David <davidwhitehead1957@...>

Hello there;

1, yes you need to install the registry files,

2, no, jaws will not work, you'll need to use NVDA

No. JAWS needs the drivers that are not installed in Safe Mode.

Dave Carlson

Ok, cool. Does JAWS work in windows "safe mode"?

Malware bytes works just fine with jaws.

Dave...

Yes, or prayer.

Dave Carlson

Ouch. How do you deal with using safe mode? Sighted assistance?

No. JAWS needs the drivers that are not installed in Safe Mode.

Dave...

David,

I failed to find the Sendspace link referred to in your message:

for all the techies who haven't heard about this yet.
audio in safe mode, download the keys from the sendspace link at the
bottom
Dave Carlson

No. JAWS needs the drivers that are not installed in Safe Mode.

Dave Carlson

Ok, cool. Does JAWS work in windows "safe mode"?

Malware bytes works just fine with jaws.

David <davidwhitehead1957@...>

David;
That's because there wasn't 1.
The sendspace link had expired.
If you wish to have the file, I could send to you.
Note,
I haven't tried this as of yet,

1, instructions are kinda vague,

2, not sure if I can trust the source.

No. JAWS needs the drivers that are not installed in Safe Mode.

Dave Carlson

Ok, cool. Does JAWS work in windows "safe mode"?

Malware bytes works just fine with jaws.

Dave...

David,

Okay, go ahead and shoot me the file and if I feel brave, I'll give it a
try.

Dave Carlson