Adding a name to your address book

dave grossoehme

When in Outlook 10 and you are in an incoming message and you wish to add
the name of the person that the message has been sent from, how can this
action be accomplished? I've looked at most of the actions in both ribbons
and don't see how this action can be done. I've also looked at the acctions
spoken when pressing the application key. I'm using windows 7 with the
latest version of Jaws 13.

Your Friend Dave

Dave...

Try tabbing to the From field, arrowing to the name, and pressing the
Applications key (or shift+f10).
context

Dave Carlson

When in Outlook 10 and you are in an incoming message and you wish to add
the name of the person that the message has been sent from, how can this
action be accomplished? I've looked at most of the actions in both ribbons
and don't see how this action can be done. I've also looked at the acctions
spoken when pressing the application key. I'm using windows 7 with the
latest version of Jaws 13.

Your Friend Dave

dave grossoehme

Thanks for your quick response. However, when I'm at the field with
shift+f10 I have cut, copy, select all and paste. If I press enter on
select all the cursor is place in the edit field of the incoming message. I
had my sight wife check for this option and she couldn't see it in any of
the options. The applications key doesn't give you this option like many
other mail programs. That's why I'm questioning where this option is
hidden.
Your Friend Dave

When in Outlook 10 and you are in an incoming message and you wish to add
the name of the person that the message has been sent from, how can this
action be accomplished? I've looked at most of the actions in both ribbons
and don't see how this action can be done. I've also looked at the acctions
spoken when pressing the application key. I'm using windows 7 with the
latest version of Jaws 13.

Your Friend Dave

Adrian Spratt

Hi. I just tested Dave Farber's suggestion, and perhaps something should be
clarified. For his method to work, I need to have set up the message for
reply. The sender you wish to add to your contacts list is now in the "to"
line. When I press the applications key on that person's address in the "to"
line, I'm given the options you desire.

When in Outlook 10 and you are in an incoming message and you wish to add
the name of the person that the message has been sent from, how can this
action be accomplished? I've looked at most of the actions in both ribbons
and don't see how this action can be done. I've also looked at the acctions
spoken when pressing the application key. I'm using windows 7 with the
latest version of Jaws 13.

Your Friend Dave

OSTROWSKI, MAGGI <mostrowski@...>

Hi,

If you Shift Tab to the From: field and then hit the Home key, you'll get an Add to Contacts option from the Application Key menu.

Is that what you're trying to do or am I off base here?

Maggi

Try tabbing to the From field, arrowing to the name, and pressing the Applications key (or shift+f10).
context

Dave Carlson
Tastefully composed and transmitted from somewhere in the Western United States, using a Dell Latitude E6520 and Windows 7

When in Outlook 10 and you are in an incoming message and you wish to add
the name of the person that the message has been sent from, how can this
action be accomplished? I've looked at most of the actions in both ribbons
and don't see how this action can be done. I've also looked at the acctions
spoken when pressing the application key. I'm using windows 7 with the
latest version of Jaws 13.

Your Friend Dave

This transmission may contain confidential or privileged information; unauthorized use is prohibited.
Transactions are subject to the terms found at http://www.coatings.com/notice.jsp

dave grossoehme

Thank you. That solves the problem.
Your Friend Dave

When in Outlook 10 and you are in an incoming message and you wish to add
the name of the person that the message has been sent from, how can this
action be accomplished? I've looked at most of the actions in both ribbons
and don't see how this action can be done. I've also looked at the acctions
spoken when pressing the application key. I'm using windows 7 with the
latest version of Jaws 13.

Your Friend Dave

This transmission may contain confidential or privileged information;
unauthorized use is prohibited.
Transactions are subject to the terms found at
http://www.coatings.com/notice.jsp

Dave...

Dave,

Need to have your cursor actually on their name.

Dave Carlson

When in Outlook 10 and you are in an incoming message and you wish to add
the name of the person that the message has been sent from, how can this
action be accomplished? I've looked at most of the actions in both ribbons
and don't see how this action can be done. I've also looked at the acctions
spoken when pressing the application key. I'm using windows 7 with the
latest version of Jaws 13.

Your Friend Dave

Bob - KA5ETA <ka5eta@...>

I hope some one can clear this up for me. Some people talk about Outlook
contacts and some people talks about outlook address book are they the same
or is there a different thing all together? If they are different will
first letter navigation work in the address book?

Need to have your cursor actually on their name.

Dave Carlson

When in Outlook 10 and you are in an incoming message and you wish to add
the name of the person that the message has been sent from, how can this
action be accomplished? I've looked at most of the actions in both ribbons
and don't see how this action can be done. I've also looked at the acctions
spoken when pressing the application key. I'm using windows 7 with the
latest version of Jaws 13.

Your Friend Dave

Dave...

Bob,

I think we use the terms interchangeably.

In Outlook, if you use the "Detailed Address Card" View (look in the view
menu) you can type part of the name of interest and you will be taken to any
name matching or closest to that entry.

Dave Carlson

Need to have your cursor actually on their name.

Dave Carlson

When in Outlook 10 and you are in an incoming message and you wish to add
the name of the person that the message has been sent from, how can this
action be accomplished? I've looked at most of the actions in both ribbons
and don't see how this action can be done. I've also looked at the acctions
spoken when pressing the application key. I'm using windows 7 with the
latest version of Jaws 13.

Your Friend Dave

epierce@...

Yes, first letter navigation works in Outlook address books.

For some idiotic reason microsoft differentiates between the "Address Book" (upper case), and "address books" (lower case). The Address Book can contain "address books", and the "Contact List".

Outlook address book and "contacts" explained:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/about-the-address-book-HP005242118.aspx

exerpt:

Several types of address books can be displayed in the Address Book:

Global Address List

This feature requires you to use a Microsoft Exchange account. Most home and personal accounts do not use Exchange.

Outlook Address Book/Contacts

The Outlook Address Book is created automatically and contains the contacts in your Contacts folder that have a contact entry in the E-mail or Fax boxes.

These contacts display in the Address Book dialog box when you click Contacts in the Show names from the list. If you have a Personal Address Book (Personal Address Book: A customizable address book used to store personal e-mail addresses you use frequently. However, Contacts offers more advanced features for this function. Personal Address Book files have a .pab extension and can be copied to disk.), it is recommended that you convert your Personal Address Book to Outlook contacts, because Outlook contacts provide flexibility and customization unavailable in the Personal Address Book. For example, you can associate birthdays, several types of phone numbers, anniversaries, Web site addresses, and other custom information with your contacts. The Outlook Address Book is available offline.

If you create additional contact folders, you can set the properties on each folder to include the contacts as part of the Outlook Address Book.

Personal Address Books can no longer be created using Outlook. The Personal Address Book is a list of names and distribution lists that you create and maintain. Personal Address Book entries are stored in a file and can be copied to a disk. You can keep the e-mail addresses of your personal contacts in either the Contacts folder, which is recommended, or the Personal Address Book.

Internet directory services (LDAP)

... [if] LDAP directory is part of your organization's network.

I hope some one can clear this up for me. Some people talk about Outlook
contacts and some people talks about outlook address book are they the same
or is there a different thing all together? If they are different will
first letter navigation work in the address book?

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

When an email is open do the following to add that sender to your address
book.
1. Hold down alt key and press 1 twice quickly.

2. You should now hear from colon re colon edit
3.
Hit the left arrow key and you should hear the contact info.
4.
Shift f 10 or applications key
5.
Arrow down to add to outlook contacts.