Links won't open in outlook 2003

Omar Binno <omarbinno@...>

Hello,

I'm using Outlook 2003 to check my emails. For some reason, when I click on
a link that someone sends me, or a link that I cut and paste for someone
else, it won't open. I get no error messages either. The link just doesn't
open. Is there something in outlook that I need to change? If I get an email
from ebay or facebook, for example, with links present in them, I can click
on those links with no problem. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Omar Binno

Website: www.bigoproductions.net

Philip Anderson <p.anderson@...>

Omar

How interesting. I'm having a similar problem, except I am unable to read
emails from Ebay, John Lewis... Basically, anything written in a table. And
I'm using Office 2007 with Windows 7.

When a friend of mine had a exactly the same problem as you, he simply
performed a system restore to a day or so before the issue started and that
seemed to resolve the matter for him.

Philip

I'm using Outlook 2003 to check my emails. For some reason, when I click on
a link that someone sends me, or a link that I cut and paste for someone
else, it won't open. I get no error messages either. The link just doesn't
open. Is there something in outlook that I need to change? If I get an email
from ebay or facebook, for example, with links present in them, I can click
on those links with no problem. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Omar Binno

Website: www.bigoproductions.net

Adrian Spratt

Omar,

Fortunately, there is a solution, which someone who rarely posts to the list
told me off-list. When you land on the link, arrow one character to the
right. For example, if the link begins, "http...," arrow to the letter after
the "h." Then press enter.

Actually, you can make the link work from any point in the address except
the first letter.

I'm using Outlook 2003 to check my emails. For some reason, when I click on
a link that someone sends me, or a link that I cut and paste for someone
else, it won't open. I get no error messages either. The link just doesn't
open. Is there something in outlook that I need to change? If I get an email
from ebay or facebook, for example, with links present in them, I can click
on those links with no problem. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Omar Binno

Website: www.bigoproductions.net

Omar Binno <omarbinno@...>

Thanks Philip,

I'm using windows 7 also, and actually did a system restore a couple times,
and it so happened that after the second time, my windows wouldn't start and
I had to have sighted help because for some reason it was prompting me to go
through the microsoft repair because it was saying that my windows couldn't
restart properly.

Omar Binno

Website: www.bigoproductions.net

I'm using Outlook 2003 to check my emails. For some reason, when I click on
a link that someone sends me, or a link that I cut and paste for someone
else, it won't open. I get no error messages either. The link just doesn't
open. Is there something in outlook that I need to change? If I get an email
from ebay or facebook, for example, with links present in them, I can click
on those links with no problem. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Omar Binno

Website: www.bigoproductions.net

Omar Binno <omarbinno@...>

Hi Adrien,

I just tried that, and no go.

Omar Binno

Website: www.bigoproductions.net

I'm using Outlook 2003 to check my emails. For some reason, when I click on
a link that someone sends me, or a link that I cut and paste for someone
else, it won't open. I get no error messages either. The link just doesn't
open. Is there something in outlook that I need to change? If I get an email
from ebay or facebook, for example, with links present in them, I can click
on those links with no problem. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Omar Binno

Website: www.bigoproductions.net

Dave...

Omar,

Do you hear the word "link" when you arrow to that URL? If not, then it's
not a real link. Something may be wrong, like an embedded character that
doesn't show.

Also, are these messages plain text or html?

Dave Carlson

I'm using Outlook 2003 to check my emails. For some reason, when I click on
a link that someone sends me, or a link that I cut and paste for someone
else, it won't open. I get no error messages either. The link just doesn't
open. Is there something in outlook that I need to change? If I get an email
from ebay or facebook, for example, with links present in them, I can click
on those links with no problem. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Omar Binno

Website: www.bigoproductions.net

Omar Binno <omarbinno@...>

Dave,

Yes, jaws does say "link." I think the messages are plain text.

Omar Binno

Website: www.bigoproductions.net

I'm using Outlook 2003 to check my emails. For some reason, when I click on
a link that someone sends me, or a link that I cut and paste for someone
else, it won't open. I get no error messages either. The link just doesn't
open. Is there something in outlook that I need to change? If I get an email
from ebay or facebook, for example, with links present in them, I can click
on those links with no problem. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Omar Binno

Website: www.bigoproductions.net

Omar Binno <omarbinno@...>

I just tried clicking on a link in outlook with the jaws cursor, and
that worked, but it really shouldn't be that way. We should be able to
click on it with the regular cursor.

On 3/20/12, Omar Binno <omarbinno@gmail.com> wrote:
Dave,

Yes, jaws does say "link." I think the messages are plain text.

Omar Binno

Website: www.bigoproductions.net

I'm using Outlook 2003 to check my emails. For some reason, when I click on
a link that someone sends me, or a link that I cut and paste for someone
else, it won't open. I get no error messages either. The link just doesn't
open. Is there something in outlook that I need to change? If I get an email
from ebay or facebook, for example, with links present in them, I can click
on those links with no problem. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Omar Binno

Website: www.bigoproductions.net

Gary King

Have you tried bringing up a list of the links like you would in a browser? If JFW recognizes the links, then they should appear in the list and can be accessed by pressing Enter.

Gary King
w4wkz@bellsouth.net

I'm using Outlook 2003 to check my emails. For some reason, when I click on
a link that someone sends me, or a link that I cut and paste for someone
else, it won't open. I get no error messages either. The link just doesn't
open. Is there something in outlook that I need to change? If I get an email
from ebay or facebook, for example, with links present in them, I can click
on those links with no problem. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Omar Binno

Website: www.bigoproductions.net

Dave...

Omar,

I think there's a setting somewhere in the Tools/Options dialogs, to allow
this. However I sure don't know where, right now.

Dave Carlson

I'm using Outlook 2003 to check my emails. For some reason, when I click
on
a link that someone sends me, or a link that I cut and paste for someone
else, it won't open. I get no error messages either. The link just doesn't
open. Is there something in outlook that I need to change? If I get an
email
from ebay or facebook, for example, with links present in them, I can
click
on those links with no problem. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Omar Binno

Website: www.bigoproductions.net

Adrian Spratt

To allow what exactly, Dave?

I think there's a setting somewhere in the Tools/Options dialogs, to allow
this. However I sure don't know where, right now.

Dave Carlson

I'm using Outlook 2003 to check my emails. For some reason, when I click
on
a link that someone sends me, or a link that I cut and paste for someone
else, it won't open. I get no error messages either. The link just doesn't
open. Is there something in outlook that I need to change? If I get an
email
from ebay or facebook, for example, with links present in them, I can
click
on those links with no problem. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Omar Binno

Website: www.bigoproductions.net

Omar Binno <omarbinno@...>

Thanks Dave,

If you or anyone happens to remember, I'd really appreciate it if you contacted me whether here or off list at omarbinno@gmail.com.

Thanks again.

I think there's a setting somewhere in the Tools/Options dialogs, to allow
this. However I sure don't know where, right now.

Dave Carlson

I'm using Outlook 2003 to check my emails. For some reason, when I click
on
a link that someone sends me, or a link that I cut and paste for someone
else, it won't open. I get no error messages either. The link just doesn't
open. Is there something in outlook that I need to change? If I get an
email
from ebay or facebook, for example, with links present in them, I can
click
on those links with no problem. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Omar Binno

Website: www.bigoproductions.net

Dave...

Adrian,

Clicking on links in E-Mail messages w/o using the JAWS cursor or the
Insert+F7 feature.

Dave Carlson

I think there's a setting somewhere in the Tools/Options dialogs, to allow
this. However I sure don't know where, right now.

Dave Carlson

I'm using Outlook 2003 to check my emails. For some reason, when I click
on
a link that someone sends me, or a link that I cut and paste for someone
else, it won't open. I get no error messages either. The link just doesn't
open. Is there something in outlook that I need to change? If I get an
email
from ebay or facebook, for example, with links present in them, I can
click
on those links with no problem. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Omar Binno

Website: www.bigoproductions.net

Omar Binno <omarbinno@...>

Gary,

Not sure what you mean.

Have you tried bringing up a list of the links like you would in a browser? If JFW recognizes the links, then they should appear in the list and can be accessed by pressing Enter.

Gary King
w4wkz@bellsouth.net

I'm using Outlook 2003 to check my emails. For some reason, when I click on
a link that someone sends me, or a link that I cut and paste for someone
else, it won't open. I get no error messages either. The link just doesn't
open. Is there something in outlook that I need to change? If I get an email
from ebay or facebook, for example, with links present in them, I can click
on those links with no problem. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Omar Binno

Website: www.bigoproductions.net

Harrison, Rita L <Rita.Harrison@...>

Insert F7 will give you a list of links.

You should also be able to go past the http// and then click on the URL if it's an active link.

I have my setting set to Plain Messages in Outlook and have never had this problem.

Good luck!

Rita L. Harrison, Management Analyst
FDA/OIM/DBPS/IIB
Web Management and Accessibility Team (WMAT)
Chairperson, Advisory Committee for Employees with Disabilities (ACED)
404/253-1255 (office)
rita.harrison@fda.hhs.gov

I'm using Outlook 2003 to check my emails. For some reason, when I click
on
a link that someone sends me, or a link that I cut and paste for someone
else, it won't open. I get no error messages either. The link just
doesn't
open. Is there something in outlook that I need to change? If I get an
email
from ebay or facebook, for example, with links present in them, I can
click
on those links with no problem. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Omar Binno

Website: www.bigoproductions.net

Omar Binno <omarbinno@...>

I had installed office 2010 but didn't like it. So I did a system restore to get back office 03, and that's when the problem happened. Is it possible that system restore corrupted somethingin windows? I would think not, but I guess I have to consider every possibility.

I'm using Outlook 2003 to check my emails. For some reason, when I click
on
a link that someone sends me, or a link that I cut and paste for someone
else, it won't open. I get no error messages either. The link just
doesn't
open. Is there something in outlook that I need to change? If I get an
email
from ebay or facebook, for example, with links present in them, I can
click
on those links with no problem. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Omar Binno

Website: www.bigoproductions.net

Harrison, Rita L <Rita.Harrison@...>

Since you are using a laptop, do you have the JAWS set for laptop layout? The cap key works the same as the insert key on a laptop.

Rita L. Harrison, Management Analyst
FDA/OIM/DBPS/IIB
Web Management and Accessibility Team (WMAT)
Chairperson, Advisory Committee for Employees with Disabilities (ACED)
404/253-1255 (office)
rita.harrison@fda.hhs.gov

Do you hear the word "link" when you arrow to that URL? If not, then
it's
not a real link. Something may be wrong, like an embedded character
that
doesn't show.

Also, are these messages plain text or html?

Dave Carlson
Tastefully composed and transmitted from somewhere in the Western
United

I'm using Outlook 2003 to check my emails. For some reason, when I
click
on
a link that someone sends me, or a link that I cut and paste for
someone
else, it won't open. I get no error messages either. The link just
doesn't
open. Is there something in outlook that I need to change? If I get an
email
from ebay or facebook, for example, with links present in them, I can
click
on those links with no problem. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Omar Binno

Website: www.bigoproductions.net

Omar Binno <omarbinno@...>

It's actually a desktop.

I'm using Outlook 2003 to check my emails. For some reason, when I
click
on
a link that someone sends me, or a link that I cut and paste for
someone
else, it won't open. I get no error messages either. The link just
doesn't
open. Is there something in outlook that I need to change? If I get an
email
from ebay or facebook, for example, with links present in them, I can
click
on those links with no problem. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Omar Binno

Website: www.bigoproductions.net

Gary King

Omar,
In Internet Explorer or Firefox, and even in Microsoft Word when links are embedded in a document, you bring up a list of links with JAWS Key plus F7. You should be able to do the same in Outlook. I don't use Outlook, so I can't test this method of accessing links in that program.

Gary King
w4wkz@bellsouth.net

Have you tried bringing up a list of the links like you would in a browser? If JFW recognizes the links, then they should appear in the list and can be accessed by pressing Enter.

Gary King
w4wkz@bellsouth.net

I'm using Outlook 2003 to check my emails. For some reason, when I click on
a link that someone sends me, or a link that I cut and paste for someone
else, it won't open. I get no error messages either. The link just doesn't
open. Is there something in outlook that I need to change? If I get an email
from ebay or facebook, for example, with links present in them, I can click
on those links with no problem. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Omar Binno

Website: www.bigoproductions.net

Adrian Spratt

Gary, yes, JAWS key+F7 performs this function in Outlook 2003, which I use.
At least it does in HTML messages. I'm guessing yours is straight text
because I find no links, and JAWS tells me I'm not in spellchecker.