From: Tom Behler
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2012 1:09 PM
To: Jaws users e-mail list
Subject: Uninstalling Windows Live Mail

Hello, everyone.

As you already may know, I have decided to scrap Windows Live Mail in favor
of Outlook 2010 as my e-mail management program on my Windows 7 laptop. I'm
fortunate, in that I have been able to get Outlook 2010 from the University
free of charge.

Anyway, since I'm no longer going to be using Windows Live Mail, I thought
it would be wise to un-install it from this computer. However, when I go to
add-remove programs, I cannot find Windows Live Mail on the list of programs
that can be removed.

Am I missing a step here?

Thanks!

Tom Behler

David <davidwhitehead1957@...>

Hello there;
If your wanting to uninstall windows live mail from windows 7,

Navigate to the control panel,
Next programs and features,
Next windows live essentials,
Now press applications key, and enter on remove.
You can also get to the ctrl panel through the start menu edit box, and type
in control panel,
Hope this helps.

You have to remove Windows Live Mail via Windows Live Esseintials in
add/remove. Select remove and mark the programs you want to remove and hit
continue.

OZ0TE Jacob
As you already may know, I have decided to scrap Windows Live Mail in favor
of Outlook 2010 as my e-mail management program on my Windows 7 laptop. I'm

fortunate, in that I have been able to get Outlook 2010 from the University
free of charge.

Anyway, since I'm no longer going to be using Windows Live Mail, I thought
it would be wise to un-install it from this computer. However, when I go to

add-remove programs, I cannot find Windows Live Mail on the list of programs

that can be removed.

Am I missing a step here?

Thanks!

Tom Behler

Tom Behler

Jacob:

I tried what you suggested, but when I hit enter on Windows Live Essentials, I get a low warning beep, and the laptop goes into some sort of Jaws key describer mode. I wonder if this is because it is a University-owned laptop, and I don't have total administrative priveleges with which to make the needed change.

Tom from Michigan

You have to remove Windows Live Mail via Windows Live Esseintials in add/remove. Select remove and mark the programs you want to remove and hit continue.

OZ0TE Jacob
As you already may know, I have decided to scrap Windows Live Mail in favor
of Outlook 2010 as my e-mail management program on my Windows 7 laptop. I'm
fortunate, in that I have been able to get Outlook 2010 from the University
free of charge.

Anyway, since I'm no longer going to be using Windows Live Mail, I thought
it would be wise to un-install it from this computer. However, when I go to
add-remove programs, I cannot find Windows Live Mail on the list of programs
that can be removed.

Am I missing a step here?

Thanks!

Tom Behler

Dave...

Tom,

I think if you set Outlook 2010 to be your default mail client, WLM won't be
an issue. Have you tried that?

Dave Carlson

As you already may know, I have decided to scrap Windows Live Mail in
favor
of Outlook 2010 as my e-mail management program on my Windows 7 laptop.
I'm
fortunate, in that I have been able to get Outlook 2010 from the
University
free of charge.

Anyway, since I'm no longer going to be using Windows Live Mail, I thought
it would be wise to un-install it from this computer. However, when I go
add-remove programs, I cannot find Windows Live Mail on the list of
programs
that can be removed.

Am I missing a step here?

Thanks!

Tom Behler

Tom Behler

Dave:

Yes, I have set Outlook 2010 as my default, and so far, no problems being caused by Windows Live Mail.

I think I'll just leave well enough alone.

Thanks!

Tom from Michigan

[...]

George B

get some person with vision and start the p c in safe mode and remove
windows live mail

I think if you set Outlook 2010 to be your default mail client, WLM
won't
be
an issue. Have you tried that?

Dave Carlson
Tastefully composed and transmitted from somewhere in the Western
United

I tried what you suggested, but when I hit enter on Windows Live
Essentials,
I get a low warning beep, and the laptop goes into some sort of Jaws
key
describer mode. I wonder if this is because it is a University-owned
laptop, and I don't have total administrative priveleges with which
make
the needed change.

Tom from Michigan

[...]

Good point, George.

I'll see if I can get the University techs to do this.

Tom Behler