Jaws accessible compilers in C++

John Martyn

Hi all,
I was wondering what C++ compiler I might use that is compatible with JAWS.
I am starting a project that I need to program an application. I will have
to learn the language, but it helps to have something compatible first.
Thanks,
John Martyn

Soronel Haetir

I use both msvc and gcc depending on what I am doing. On windows they
are nearly universal for c++. There are a few others, intel's and
borland's products being the next most popular.

Really, any C++ compiler is going to work as the compiler is just a
console program that accepts a largish number of command switches and
other input and spits out the result file along with any diagnostic
messages.

What your question is really asking is about code editors, which are
not the same thing as compilers at all. For that task I use visual
studio almost exclusively, even for code that is going to get fed to
gcc.

On 3/4/12, John Martyn <johnrobertmartyn@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,
I was wondering what C++ compiler I might use that is compatible with JAWS.
I am starting a project that I need to program an application. I will have
to learn the language, but it helps to have something compatible first.
Thanks,
John Martyn

Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

John Martyn

Do you need scripts for Visual studio and what version are they on now?
Thanks,
John

[...]

visual studio 2008 works well with the scripts FS ships (at least with
jfw 12 and 13), there are scripts available that will also work with
jfw 11 I think. I flat do not like visual studio 2010 and haven't
tried the new betas. For jfw 2010 I believe you are pretty much stuck
using jfw13.