From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Brandon Keith Biggs
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2012 5:27 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: technology for the blind jobs

Hello,
If you Google assistive technology jobs you come up with lots of jobs.
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Assistive+Technology+Jobs+&oq=Assistiv
e+Technology+Jobs+&aq=f&aqi=g4g-v6&aql=&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=18963l19565l0l22661l2
l2l0l0l0l0l118l210l1.1l2l0

I would probably look for training before you start teaching people though.
That way you can talk to other professionals, see what the different jobs
are and see if that is something you really would like to do.
If I were you I'd get my hands on every piece of technology I could so you
can know what's out there. For some reason TVIs and much of the blind
community uses Pack mates or Braille Notes so those are kind of a cliché. I
would learn about all the other note takers and software's so you can show
people that the minority software is often much better than the heavily
advertised devices.

As for Jaws Tandem, explore the menu and see what pops up. It's under
Utility's in the menu bar. It tells you everything. But basically you get a
code from the tandem center and tell your target the code so they can write
it into the box that allows access to their computer.
Thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs

[...]

Harrison, Rita L <Rita.Harrison@...>

I think he gets it! I didn't sign onto this list to wade through so many mean messages. So, can we drop this now?

Rita L. Harrison, Management Analyst
FDA/OIM/DBPS/IIB
Web Management and Accessibility Team (WMAT)
Chairperson, Advisory Committee for Employees with Disabilities (ACED)
404/253-1255 (office)
rita.harrison@fda.hhs.gov

[...]

hahah that was my thought too. If you take the time to write "off topic" in the subject line, then you already know whether the post is appropriate for the list or not, don't you? *LOL*
http://www.ctsmastering.com

http://db.tt/bQ2GuIt

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Consider the analogy of a 2-meter repeater. Many times people meet on
the repeater, and agree to take a particular thread to another
frequency. Since this list allegedly contains some fairly savvy people,
I see nothing wrong with posing a question, and asking for an off-list
response. However, this scenario only works if others refrain from
extending the thread by complaining about the initial inquiry.

Ted

hahah that was my thought too. If you take the time to write "off topic"
in the subject line, then you already know whether the post is
appropriate for the list or not, don't you? *LOL*
http://www.ctsmastering.com

http://db.tt/bQ2GuIt

George B

And what does this have to do with jaws???

jdh.com] On Behalf Of Farfar in the Sawdust
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2012 22:34
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.

Don
,

Regardless of left or right shoulder, you can get a Guide Dog trained
work on your strong side at Guide Dogs for the Blind in San Rafael.
Just let
them know if you need a dog trained to work on your right side.
Dave Carlson
Tastefully composed and transmitted from somewhere in the Western
United

[...]

Sorry to all did not see james response to the topic

[...]

don wardlow <wardlows97@...>

Bingo! That's all I was hoping for, not the flood of vitriol I have waded
through.
can't we all just get along?

hahah that was my thought too. If you take the time to write "off topic"
in the subject line, then you already know whether the post is appropriate
for the list or not, don't you? *LOL*

Karen Hughes <khughes8@...>

cant we show a little compassion and try to help each other out. perhaps, someone could advise a user group to assist with this subject. Karen

Bingo! That's all I was hoping for, not the flood of vitriol I have waded
through.
can't we all just get along?

hahah that was my thought too. If you take the time to write "off topic"
in the subject line, then you already know whether the post is appropriate
for the list or not, don't you? *LOL*

Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@...>

Let me give that suggesting another group a try. I am not a guide dog user, so I have never looked into what lists might be available for that particular topic. However, there is an email group where no topic is off topic. That is the Say What You Feel group. Please have all the private conversations that you want to conduct publicly on that list. You can subscribe by sending a blank email to saywhatyoufeel-subscribe@yahoogroups.com and then reply to the confirmation email that you will get.

----- Original Message ----- From: "don wardlow" <wardlows97@bellsouth.net>
Bingo! That's all I was hoping for, not the flood of vitriol I have waded
through.
can't we all just get along?

hahah that was my thought too. If you take the time to write "off topic"
in the subject line, then you already know whether the post is appropriate
for the list or not, don't you? *LOL*

Charles Coe

Hi,

There are guide dog users lists that can be found through either the NFB,
ACB, or AFB web sites.

Bingo! That's all I was hoping for, not the flood of vitriol I have
waded through.
can't we all just get along?

hahah that was my thought too. If you take the time to write "off topic"
in the subject line, then you already know whether the post is
appropriate for the list or not, don't you? *LOL*
http://www.ctsmastering.com

http://db.tt/bQ2GuIt

Ambrose Harrison <ambroselh@...>

Most of the people on this list are probably blind! So while it may not have
anything too do with Jaws this is one of the few places you can get such a
wide range of experiences on things that blind people face. So that only
makes it off topic if you’re an intolerant compassionless person who can't
be bothered too read emails that don't please them, in which case I suggest
you go start a blog that you can run as your hieness sees fit. Otherwise
take a valium

[...]

United States, using a Dell Latitude E6520 and Windows 7

If you Google assistive technology jobs you come up with lots of jobs.
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Assistive+Technology+Jobs+&oq=A
ssistiv
e+Technology+Jobs+&aq=f&aqi=g4g-v6&aql=&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=18963l19565l0l
e+Technology+Jobs+22661l2
[...]

Francisco Salvador Crespo <crespofranciscosalvador@...>

Sorry, i think that the listener need our help
You can get a guide dog from Leader dogs for the Blind. All the costs are free
For more information, visit www.leaderdog.org
Regards,
Francisco Salvador Crespo
Cómo contactarme/How to contact me
Mail: crespofranciscosalvador@gmail.com
Messenger: crespofranciscosalvador@gmail.com
Skype: franciscosabalero
Twitter: crespofrancisco
Facebook: Francisco Salvador Crespo

El 28/02/2012, a las 23:17, Ambrose Harrison escribió:

[...]

Good man, Ambrose. I'd buy you a beer if you were here in South Carolina.
I got one or two suggestions I will carry forth, but a lot of meanness I
never wanted.

Don