page number of PDF

Ngoc Ly <lyvanngoc@...>

Dear friends,

I am reading pdf file. I don't know how to read the page number.

After opening a pdf file, I want to know how many pages of the file, too.

Help me please.

Thank you very much

Ngoc Ly
lyvanngoc@gmail.com

Bhavesh

Hi,

once you open a PDF file, press ctrl+shift+N. whatever number will
appear in the dialogue, that is your current page number. i think at
the same time, your screen reader tells you how many pages are there.

On 2/19/12, Ngoc Ly <lyvanngoc@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear friends,

I am reading pdf file. I don't know how to read the page number.

After opening a pdf file, I want to know how many pages of the file, too.

Help me please.

Thank you very much

Ngoc Ly
lyvanngoc@gmail.com

with best regards,
Bhavesh.
Message composed on Dell vostro1440, using jaws for windows screen reader.

Ngoc Ly <lyvanngoc@...>

Dear friend,

Thank you very much... but after pressing ctrl+shift+n only current page number appears in the dialogue box.

Please show me how to go to the last page and how to go to the first page of a file in pdf.

Thank you very much

Ngoc Ly
lyvanngoc@gmail.com

once you open a PDF file, press ctrl+shift+N. whatever number will
appear in the dialogue, that is your current page number. i think at
the same time, your screen reader tells you how many pages are there.

On 2/19/12, Ngoc Ly <lyvanngoc@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear friends,

I am reading pdf file. I don't know how to read the page number.

After opening a pdf file, I want to know how many pages of the file, too.

Help me please.

Thank you very much

Ngoc Ly
lyvanngoc@gmail.com

with best regards,
Bhavesh.
Message composed on Dell vostro1440, using jaws for windows screen reader.

Bhavesh

Hi,

it is Depended upon what prefferences you have set in the adobe
reader(ctrl+K, and select reading from the tree view). set the
following settings:
infer reading pages from document,
and for large docu ments, only read the currently visible pages.

[...]

Gary King

In Adobe Reader, go to the View Menu and then to the Page Navigation submenu.

Gary King
w4wkz@bellsouth.net

once you open a PDF file, press ctrl+shift+N. whatever number will
appear in the dialogue, that is your current page number. i think at
the same time, your screen reader tells you how many pages are there.

On 2/19/12, Ngoc Ly <lyvanngoc@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear friends,

I am reading pdf file. I don't know how to read the page number.

After opening a pdf file, I want to know how many pages of the file, too.

Help me please.

Thank you very much

Ngoc Ly
lyvanngoc@gmail.com

with best regards,
Bhavesh.
Message composed on Dell vostro1440, using jaws for windows screen reader.

Mike & Barbara <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Ngoc Ly
,

To have the page number read by using the Insert + page down keystroke, do
the following;
1. While in a open PDF document press Alt + V, for the view menu.
2. Arrow down to page display sub-menu & press enter.
3. Arrow down to, Enable Scrolling, & press enter to check this box.

This is what I did in Adobe 10 latest to get the page number to be announced
when invoking the Insert + page down keystroke. When you use this
keystroke, the first thing you'll hear when pressing this keystroke is 2
numbers, i.e., 10 / 175. This means you are on page 10 of 175 pages. Also,
Control + page up, is prior page & Control + page down, is next page.

Iam using these keystrokes running XP, Jaws13.0.638, & Adobe X / 10 latest.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Mike

once you open a PDF file, press ctrl+shift+N. whatever number will
appear in the dialogue, that is your current page number. i think at
the same time, your screen reader tells you how many pages are there.

On 2/19/12, Ngoc Ly <lyvanngoc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> I am reading pdf file. I don't know how to read the page number.
>
> After opening a pdf file, I want to know how many pages of the file,
too.

> Help me please.
>
> Thank you very much
>

> Ngoc Ly
> lyvanngoc@gmail.com

with best regards,
Bhavesh.
Message composed on Dell vostro1440, using jaws for windows screen reader.

Mike & Barbara <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Again Ngoc Ly

I forgot to add that:

Control + Home, takes you to the top of a PDF, & Control + End, takes you to
the bottom of a PDF. Take care.
Mike

once you open a PDF file, press ctrl+shift+N. whatever number will
appear in the dialogue, that is your current page number. i think at
the same time, your screen reader tells you how many pages are there.

On 2/19/12, Ngoc Ly <lyvanngoc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> I am reading pdf file. I don't know how to read the page number.
>
> After opening a pdf file, I want to know how many pages of the file,
too.

> Help me please.
>
> Thank you very much
>

> Ngoc Ly
> lyvanngoc@gmail.com

with best regards,
Bhavesh.
Message composed on Dell vostro1440, using jaws for windows screen
reader.

Ngoc Ly <lyvanngoc@...>

I found it, thank you very much

Ngoc Ly
lyvanngoc@gmail.com

once you open a PDF file, press ctrl+shift+N. whatever number will
appear in the dialogue, that is your current page number. i think at
the same time, your screen reader tells you how many pages are there.

On 2/19/12, Ngoc Ly <lyvanngoc@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear friends,

I am reading pdf file. I don't know how to read the page number.

After opening a pdf file, I want to know how many pages of the file, too.

Help me please.

Thank you very much

Ngoc Ly
lyvanngoc@gmail.com

with best regards,
Bhavesh.
Message composed on Dell vostro1440, using jaws for windows screen reader.

Ngoc Ly <lyvanngoc@...>

dear friend,

I am using window 7 with jaw 12. I followed your steps then now jaws says page number when I press insert+pagedown. it only says the page number without the propotion of current page number on total page number.
When I press ctrl+home, the cursor moves to the first line of current page but not the first line of first page. Similar, ctrl+end move cursor to the last line of current page.

ctrl+page up move to preview and ctrl+pagedown move to next... they work as you said.

Insert+down arrow say all from cursor to the end of the page. Then I have to press ctrl+pagedown to move to next page then insert+down arrow again.

What should I do so that my pdf file may work like you said?

Thank you very much. Your experiences are very helpful

Ngoc Ly
lyvanngoc@gmail.com

Control + Home, takes you to the top of a PDF, & Control + End, takes you to
the bottom of a PDF. Take care.
Mike

once you open a PDF file, press ctrl+shift+N. whatever number will
appear in the dialogue, that is your current page number. i think at
the same time, your screen reader tells you how many pages are there.

On 2/19/12, Ngoc Ly <lyvanngoc@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> I am reading pdf file. I don't know how to read the page number.
>
> After opening a pdf file, I want to know how many pages of the file,
too.

> Help me please.
>
> Thank you very much
>

> Ngoc Ly
> lyvanngoc@gmail.com

with best regards,
Bhavesh.
Message composed on Dell vostro1440, using jaws for windows screen
reader.

Ngoc Ly <lyvanngoc@...>

dear friend,

I did what you said. But it says only page number...

I am using window 7 and jaws 12

best wishes

Ngoc Ly
lyvanngoc@gmail.com

[...]

Well, you are doing a damn sight better than I am with Windows7! LOL LOL

I have gotten Adobe so screwed up on my Widows7 Os that I think I may have
to uninstall it & reinstall! Good thing I don't use Widows7 very much.
Hang on to the settings that made Adobe work for you, because I think I'll
be needing some help! LOL LOL

Widows7, what a royal pain in the a**! Take care.
Mike