From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Debbie Kessler
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:47 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: compact messages

Good morning all;
I have a tun of email. I compacted them on a prompt to do so. Now, where are
they stored and how do I access them? I am using Outlook Express with
Windows XP.
Thanks in advance.
Debbie, Chaz & Jessie
e-mail: jessesgirl@earthlink.net

Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@...>

When I was using outlook express with Windows XP the compacted messages were found right where they were before being compacted.

On 2/15/2012 9:46 AM, Debbie Kessler wrote:
Good morning all;
I have a tun of email. I compacted them on a prompt to do so. Now, where are
they stored and how do I access them? I am using Outlook Express with
Windows XP.
Thanks in advance.
Debbie, Chaz& Jessie
e-mail: jessesgirl@earthlink.net

Debbie Kessler

Yes Adrian, I conducted searches for items I had referred to the day
previous and cannot now find them. I thought that the extension was changed
and they were stored somewhere. You guys are saying no? Hum.!
Debbie, Chaz & Jessie
e-mail: jessesgirl@earthlink.net

They didn't go anywhere, at least not as a result of compacting. Are you
saying they've disappeared?

I have a tun of email. I compacted them on a prompt to do so. Now, where are
they stored and how do I access them? I am using Outlook Express with
Windows XP.
Thanks in advance.
Debbie, Chaz & Jessie
e-mail: jessesgirl@earthlink.net

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

You could always go to the recycle bin and restore the outlook files, but you would need to make sure you read all your new messages, because it would wipe out anything newer than the date the messages were compacted.

Thank you.
Bill White billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6884 (20120214) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6884 (20120214) __________

http://www.eset.com

Adrian Spratt

In my experience, OE messages never turned up in the recycle bin after
compacting.

They didn't go anywhere, at least not as a result of compacting. Are you
saying they've disappeared?

I have a tun of email. I compacted them on a prompt to do so. Now, where
are
they stored and how do I access them? I am using Outlook Express with
Windows XP.
Thanks in advance.
Debbie, Chaz & Jessie
e-mail: jessesgirl@earthlink.net

signature database 6884 (20120214) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 6884 (20120214) __________

http://www.eset.com

Mike & Barbara <mb69mach1@...>

Howdy,

Try looking in the Delete folder. HTH, Take care.
Mike