[Bulk] Microsoft Outlook 2010 crashing issue

Dave...

John,

I'm using Outlook 2007 and notice that JAWS 13 (on Windows 7) sometimes
pauses for a period of 20 or so seconds and then the message I was reading
finally closes. Happens once or twice a day, so not very often. It's not a
crash in this situation.

However I have noticed that JAWS will lock up once in a while in the
calendar if I try to move through dates too quickly, or have just made a
change to an appointment.

This crash requires that I use the Insert+Windows+F4 keystroke, and even
also launching Narrator before I can break the jam.

So I do see what you're experiencing, but not as often.

It sucks, but I'm just hoping that over time, FS will figure out what's
going on and fix it. Frankly I think there's a memory overlap with the
object model and system memory. As long as the object model clears and does
not "leak" it stays away from system memory. I'm no expert, but somehow I
think JAWS has become such a memory hog that it's encroaching on areas of
memory where it isn't welcome.

Dave Carlson
Sent from somewhere in the Western United States, using a Dell Latitude
E6520 and Windows 7

Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 00:46:41 -0800
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com (on behalf of "John Martyn" <johnrobertmartyn@gmail.com>)
To: "'The Jaws for Windows support list.'" <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
I wonder if office 2012 would be better for me. I haven't kept track, but is
there even an office 2012?

epierce@...

John,

I'm a sighted technician and labor activist (public sector). I've seen major problems with Outlook 2003, 2007 and 2010 and JAWS 10, 11 and 12 that negatively impact worker productivity. We are going to test JAWS 13 in a month or so, but from what you have said, I'm not hopeful for big improvements. I do have some information about Outlook 2010/JAWS problems being related to how Outlook uses Word and its HTML engine.

Hey Dave,

Thanks for sharing your experiences with Outlook and JAWS13.

As you probably know, FS advertises JAWS13 as having improvements in Outlook and Word.

re:
Frankly I think there's a memory overlap with the
object model and system memory. As long as the object model clears and does
not "leak" it stays away from system memory. I'm no expert, but somehow I
think JAWS has become such a memory hog that it's encroaching on areas of
memory where it isn't welcome.
Do you know of a source of concise documentation/analysis of those issues?

Would simply adding more physical memory help? Such as >4GB RAM in Win7 64-bit?

Thanks!

I'm using Outlook 2007 and notice that JAWS 13 (on Windows 7) sometimes
pauses for a period of 20 or so seconds and then the message I was reading
finally closes.

It sucks, but I'm just hoping that over time, FS will figure out what's
going on and fix it. Frankly I think there's a memory overlap with the
object model and system memory. As long as the object model clears and does
not "leak" it stays away from system memory. I'm no expert, but somehow I
think JAWS has become such a memory hog that it's encroaching on areas of
memory where it isn't welcome.

Dave Carlson
Sent from somewhere in the Western United States, using a Dell Latitude
E6520 and Windows 7

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

That's exactly what was happening to me on our Internet apps right after
the change from 10 to 13. A combination of a new clean computer and a
later IE put natters right. I hated the idea of rolling back, and am
really glad I hung in.

Ted