From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Dondi
Sent: Wednesday, February 08, 2012 8:17 AM
To: JAWS mailing list
Subject: Accessible stop watch software

Hi Everyone,

I may have asked this before, if I did sorry. Does anyone have any
experience with accessible stop watch software? I'm using Windows 7 32 bit,
JAWS 13 Pro.

Dondi

Dondi

Hi Adrian,

Sorry, I did think this was going to be a repeated request, but I wasn't for
sure. You wouldn't happen to have access to this $7 stop watch link, would
you?

Dondi

When you posted this query before, Gerald Levy suggested you use an actual
clock instead and gave you a link to one that cost something like $7.

I may have asked this before, if I did sorry. Does anyone have any
experience with accessible stop watch software? I'm using Windows 7 32 bit,
JAWS 13 Pro.

Dondi

George B

try google it is your friend

When you posted this query before, Gerald Levy suggested you use an
actual
clock instead and gave you a link to one that cost something like $7.

I may have asked this before, if I did sorry. Does anyone have any
experience with accessible stop watch software? I'm using Windows 7 32
bit,
JAWS 13 Pro.

Dondi

Dani Pagador

Hi, Dondi.
Cliff S. sent the following sometime last year re Ed M.'s question about a timer pgm accessible with JFW:
"I've been using Steve's Talking Clock for years.

http://clock.steve-audio.net/

It's versatile, Jaws-friendly, and features all kinds of sounds and voices. And best of all, it will do exactly what you want it to do."

I think the pgm is $10.

But if you've got either an iPhone or iTouch, there's a stopwatch pgm there. Dunno how to use it, but I'm sure it'd be accessible to me once I learned the finger movement thing. Right now I'm bogged down with homework for my keyboard class, so that's not on my to-do list, but I'm digressing.
HTH,
Dani

On 2/8/2012 3:35 AM, Dondi wrote:
Hi Adrian,

Sorry, I did think this was going to be a repeated request, but I wasn't for
sure. You wouldn't happen to have access to this $7 stop watch link, would
you?

Dondi

When you posted this query before, Gerald Levy suggested you use an actual
clock instead and gave you a link to one that cost something like $7.

I may have asked this before, if I did sorry. Does anyone have any
experience with accessible stop watch software? I'm using Windows 7 32 bit,
JAWS 13 Pro.

Dondi

Adrian Spratt

Okay, Dondi, here's a copy of Gerald's message. I see my memory halved the
actual price.

Instead of trying to find a timer program that works with JAWS (I'm not
aware of any), why not just buy an inexpensive talking countdown timer from
a merchant like Future Aids? They have a neat little talking timer/clock
for only $13.95 with free shipping:

http://www.braillebookstore.com/view.php?T=Talking%20Timer%20Clock

When you posted this query before, Gerald Levy suggested you use an actual
clock instead and gave you a link to one that cost something like $7.

I may have asked this before, if I did sorry. Does anyone have any
experience with accessible stop watch software? I'm using Windows 7 32 bit,
JAWS 13 Pro.

Dondi

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

yeah. try a real stopwatch :)
I assume some talking watches have this feature?

At 08:25 AM 2/8/2012, you wrote:
When you posted this query before, Gerald Levy suggested you use an actual
clock instead and gave you a link to one that cost something like $7.
http://www.ctsmastering.com

http://db.tt/bQ2GuIt

Dondi

Hi Adrian,

I couldn't see what this timer looked like but it functions just like the
one I have, unfortunately. The count down timer talks but the stop watch
does not.

Dondi

When you posted this query before, Gerald Levy suggested you use an actual
clock instead and gave you a link to one that cost something like $7.

I may have asked this before, if I did sorry. Does anyone have any
experience with accessible stop watch software? I'm using Windows 7 32 bit,
JAWS 13 Pro.

Dondi

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

You bet. In fact, this feature was present on the good old Talking Time
Model 660, more than 30 years ago--one of the truly cool desk-travel
clocks of all time.

Ted