From: "John Vernaleken" <jfv508@optonline.net>
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 09:18
Subject: [Bulk] Menu Bar

I am running Windows 7 and JAWS 13. The problem described below just started
about an hour ago.

On any program that has a Menu Bar only the first letter is spoken.
If the word is File JAWS only says F. All Applications using Ribbons work
fine.

I am thinking I may have changed something by mistake. The Setting History
shows no changes.

Thanks for any help.

John

John Vernaleken <jfv508@...>

Dave
Tried that - problem remains.

John

Unload and reload JAWS. Likely it just got tired.

Dave Carlson
I am running Windows 7 and JAWS 13. The problem described below just started
about an hour ago.

On any program that has a Menu Bar only the first letter is spoken.
If the word is File JAWS only says F. All Applications using Ribbons work
fine.

I am thinking I may have changed something by mistake. The Setting History
shows no changes.

Thanks for any help.

John

Adrian Spratt

This happened to me a long time ago, and long before ribbons. I'm trying to
think what might cause it. Did you by any chance change your screen
resolution? Keep in mind that the settings history will show only changes
you made through a settings center control, or I assume that's the case.

I'm also wondering if something is trying to download onto your system, such
as an Adobe update. Have you checked your system tray for any sign of
activity there?

Unload and reload JAWS. Likely it just got tired.

Dave Carlson
I am running Windows 7 and JAWS 13. The problem described below just started
about an hour ago.

On any program that has a Menu Bar only the first letter is spoken.
If the word is File JAWS only says F. All Applications using Ribbons work
fine.

I am thinking I may have changed something by mistake. The Setting History
shows no changes.

Thanks for any help.

John

John Vernaleken <jfv508@...>