From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of deadcatbounce
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2012 6:50 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Selecting text and files

Isn't there a way to select text or files that aren't contiguous and pasting
them to the desired location all at once? For example, I'd like to select
every second file or line of text and skip the rest. How would I go about
doing this so that I don't have to cut and paste each individual file or
line? Thanks in advance.

Dean Martineau <dean@...>

To collect text on the clipboard, copy the first chunk you want, then, after
you have selected the next string you want on the clipboard, don't copy, but
use the JAWS append to clipboard command, windows+c.

Dean
To find out about the week's news in adaptive technology, subscribe to Top
Tech Tidbits for Thursday by sending a blank message to
tttt-join@topdotenterprises.com. (make sure you have 4 t's in the Address.

Hold down the CTRL key and use down arrow and once you land on the file to
be copied, press space bar while still holding the CTRL key down. Continue
pressing the down arrow and once you land on another item to be copied press
the space bar again.

Isn't there a way to select text or files that aren't contiguous and pasting
them to the desired location all at once? For example, I'd like to select
every second file or line of text and skip the rest. How would I go about
doing this so that I don't have to cut and paste each individual file or
line? Thanks in advance.

Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@...>

I just tried that very thing on this email and it did not work.

On 1/12/2012 10:05 PM, Kimsan wrote:
Hold down the CTRL key and use down arrow and once you land on the file to
be copied, press space bar while still holding the CTRL key down. Continue
pressing the down arrow and once you land on another item to be copied press
the space bar again.

Isn't there a way to select text or files that aren't contiguous and pasting
them to the desired location all at once? For example, I'd like to select
every second file or line of text and skip the rest. How would I go about
doing this so that I don't have to cut and paste each individual file or
line? Thanks in advance.

Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@...>

What if you want to copy more than two items?

On 1/12/2012 10:47 PM, Dean Martineau wrote:
To collect text on the clipboard, copy the first chunk you want, then, after
you have selected the next string you want on the clipboard, don't copy, but
use the JAWS append to clipboard command, windows+c.

Dean
To find out about the week's news in adaptive technology, subscribe to Top
Tech Tidbits for Thursday by sending a blank message to
tttt-join@topdotenterprises.com. (make sure you have 4 t's in the Address.

Isn't there a way to select text or files that aren't contiguous and pasting
them to the desired location all at once? For example, I'd like to select
every second file or line of text and skip the rest. How would I go about
doing this so that I don't have to cut and paste each individual file or
line? Thanks in advance.

Kamil Żak <kamilek687@...>

To select files that are not listed next to each other in a folder, set
cursor on the first file you want to select. Then press the Ctrl key and use
the arrow

keys while holding it up and down, and to select files use the space key.

As for text, it is impossible to select standard text fragments which are
not placed separately, but I recommend the program JAWS feature that allows
you to add

text to the clipboard without overwriting its previous contents. First you
select text that you want to cut or copy. Then you press Ctrl + C or Ctrl +

x to copy it or cut it. You go to the beginning of the next text you want to
select, you select it and press the Windows + c to add it to your clipboard.

Kamil Żak

Isn't there a way to select text or files that aren't contiguous and pasting
them to the desired location all at once? For example, I'd like to select
every second file or line of text and skip the rest. How would I go about
doing this so that I don't have to cut and paste each individual file or
line? Thanks in advance.

__________ Informacja programu ESET Smart Security, wersja bazy sygnatur
wirusow 6790 (20120112) __________

Wiadomosc zostala sprawdzona przez program ESET Smart Security.
http://www.eset.pl lub http://www.eset.com

Dave...

Doesn't work with text. Only works in lists like files in a folder.

Dave Carlson

Isn't there a way to select text or files that aren't contiguous and
pasting
them to the desired location all at once? For example, I'd like to select
every second file or line of text and skip the rest. How would I go about
doing this so that I don't have to cut and paste each individual file or
line? Thanks in advance.

Joni Colver <earlybird@...>

You can append multiple items to the clipboard the way Dean described it. I don't know if there is a limit, but I have added more than 2 items before.

Joni

What if you want to copy more than two items?

On 1/12/2012 10:47 PM, Dean Martineau wrote:
To collect text on the clipboard, copy the first chunk you want, then, after
you have selected the next string you want on the clipboard, don't copy, but
use the JAWS append to clipboard command, windows+c.

Dean

deadcatbounce <JAWS@...>

Ah, I see. Is there any way to select particular lines of text and pasting them to the clipboard while skipping others?

Doesn't work with text. Only works in lists like files in a folder.

Dave Carlson

Isn't there a way to select text or files that aren't contiguous and
pasting
them to the desired location all at once? For example, I'd like to select
every second file or line of text and skip the rest. How would I go about
doing this so that I don't have to cut and paste each individual file or
line? Thanks in advance.

Dave...

For that, you use the clipboard with the append feature. I don't use it
enough to describe it.

Dave Carlson

Ah, I see. Is there any way to select particular lines of text and pasting
them to the clipboard while skipping others?
Doesn't work with text. Only works in lists like files in a folder.

Dave Carlson

Isn't there a way to select text or files that aren't contiguous and
pasting
them to the desired location all at once? For example, I'd like to
select
every second file or line of text and skip the rest. How would I go
about
doing this so that I don't have to cut and paste each individual file or
line? Thanks in advance.

Adrian Spratt

But Dean Martineau did. See his message from last night, I believe in this
thread.

For that, you use the clipboard with the append feature. I don't use it
enough to describe it.

Dave Carlson
Ah, I see. Is there any way to select particular lines of text and pasting
them to the clipboard while skipping others?
Doesn't work with text. Only works in lists like files in a folder.

Dave Carlson

Isn't there a way to select text or files that aren't contiguous and
pasting
them to the desired location all at once? For example, I'd like to
select
every second file or line of text and skip the rest. How would I go
about
doing this so that I don't have to cut and paste each individual file or
line? Thanks in advance.

Marquette, Ed <Ed.Marquette@...>

You "append" with Windows instead of control. For example, you add to the clipboard with windows c. Control c wipes out the clipboard.

For that, you use the clipboard with the append feature. I don't use it
enough to describe it.

Dave Carlson
Ah, I see. Is there any way to select particular lines of text and pasting
them to the clipboard while skipping others?
Doesn't work with text. Only works in lists like files in a folder.

Dave Carlson

Isn't there a way to select text or files that aren't contiguous and
pasting
them to the desired location all at once? For example, I'd like to
select
every second file or line of text and skip the rest. How would I go
about
doing this so that I don't have to cut and paste each individual file or
line? Thanks in advance.
#############################################################################################################
This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information
Thank you.
#############################################################################################################

Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@...>

As a matter of fact, that did work. In the past I have tried to copy things to the clipboard after having previously done so and I was warned that it would overwrite what I already had there. Just now, though, I copied a line with control+c and then did the same thing with the Windows key using noncontiguous text and tested it by using control+v to put it into Wordpad. It did copy. This turns out to be handy to know. I could have used this bit of knowledge a long time ago.

-----Original Message----- From: Roger Loran Bailey
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2012 11:57 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.

What if you want to copy more than two items?

On 1/12/2012 10:47 PM, Dean Martineau wrote:
To collect text on the clipboard, copy the first chunk you want, then, after
you have selected the next string you want on the clipboard, don't copy, but
use the JAWS append to clipboard command, windows+c.

Dean

deadcatbounce <JAWS@...>

I feel really stupid here. When you refer to the "windows key", is that the start menu key as well? I'm assuming it's not the insert key on the number pad. Duh!

Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2012 11:57 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.

What if you want to copy more than two items?

On 1/12/2012 10:47 PM, Dean Martineau wrote:
To collect text on the clipboard, copy the first chunk you want, then, after
you have selected the next string you want on the clipboard, don't copy, but
use the JAWS append to clipboard command, windows+c.

Dean

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

I know this one! Yes, the start menu key.

Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2012 11:57 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.

What if you want to copy more than two items?

On 1/12/2012 10:47 PM, Dean Martineau wrote:
To collect text on the clipboard, copy the first chunk you want,
then, after you have selected the next string you want on the
clipboard, don't copy, but use the JAWS append to clipboard command,
windows+c.

Dean

Dean Martineau <dean@...>

Yes, theWindows key is the key which, when pressed by itself, launches the
start menu. There are a good number of useful shortcut keys involving it.
Win+c is the only one I know of that is a JAWS keystroke.

Dean

Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2012 11:57 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.

What if you want to copy more than two items?

On 1/12/2012 10:47 PM, Dean Martineau wrote:
To collect text on the clipboard, copy the first chunk you want,
then, after you have selected the next string you want on the
clipboard, don't copy, but use the JAWS append to clipboard command,
windows+c.

Dean

Marquette, Ed <Ed.Marquette@...>

In fact, the Windows key is employed with a number of fantastic JAWS keystrokes. One which I have come to use on an hourly basis is control plus windows plus k to mark a spot in a word document.
One may later jump back to that spot instantly with just windows plus k; however, even more cool is the ability, in Word, to mark text from your cursor to the marked spot, and it doesn't matter whether, in the document, your cursor is ahead of the marked spot or behind it or whether it is 4 words or 40 pages away. You mark text back to the marked spot with JAWS key plus space bar and then m.
Then, you can use control c to copy or control x to cut or windows c to append.
Try it! You'll like it!

Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2012 11:57 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.

What if you want to copy more than two items?

On 1/12/2012 10:47 PM, Dean Martineau wrote:
To collect text on the clipboard, copy the first chunk you want,
then, after you have selected the next string you want on the
clipboard, don't copy, but use the JAWS append to clipboard command,
windows+c.

Dean

#############################################################################################################
This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information
Thank you.
#############################################################################################################

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

yes the Windows key activates Start, or puts you in the search box for Windows 7. It's between ALT and CONTROL to the left of the space bar.

At 02:57 PM 1/13/2012, you wrote:
I feel really stupid here. When you refer to the "windows key", is that the start menu key as well?

CTS MASTERING: PROFESSIONAL MIXING AND MASTERING! Clear True Sound: www.ctsmastering.com --

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. Seamlessly share with your friends and colleagues. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/bQ2GuIt

Dondi

Hi,

Is there some where I can get the entire list of Windows key shortcuts for
JAWS?

Dondi

Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2012 11:57 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.

What if you want to copy more than two items?

On 1/12/2012 10:47 PM, Dean Martineau wrote:
To collect text on the clipboard, copy the first chunk you want,
then, after you have selected the next string you want on the
clipboard, don't copy, but use the JAWS append to clipboard command,
windows+c.

Dean

REFERRED TO IN THE PROMOTING, MARKETING OR RECOMMENDING OF ANY ENTITY,
INVESTMENT PLAN OR ARRANGEMENT, AND SUCH ADVICE IS NOT INTENDED OR WRITTEN
TO BE USED, AND CANNOT BE USED, BY A TAXPAYER FOR THE PURPOSE OF AVOIDING
PENALTIES UNDER THE INTERNAL REVENUE CODE.
recipient(s) above and may contain information that is privileged, attorney
work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete
this E-mail message.
Thank you.

Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@...>

The Windows key is the key between the control key and the alt key.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@aol.com>