Graphics spoken on folder names in some programs?

Marion Woods <marion_woods38@...>

Hi all,

Since upgrading from JFW6.2 to JFW11, I have found when using certain programs
namely, the SendSpace Wizard, when viewing folders in the remote browser folder
names are proceeded by, Jaws announcing "Graphics" then the folder name. This
occasionally happens in a couple of other programs as well. Otherwise, JFW11 is
working great. I am using Windows XP, I have checked the basic settings in
JFW11 without success , it's not a critical problem, just annoying, can anyone
help?

Marion

Dondi

Hi Marion,

Try this it worked for me I had the same problem.

This is how you stop JAWS from speaking all the graphics that is shown on
the screen.
Insert+6 to open the JAWS setting center.
Control+Shift+D all applications Default settings.
Tab to the search edit box.
Type in graphic.
Arrow down to the search results.
Arrow down to graphic verbosity.
Graphic verbosity will say something like label graphics.
If it does not press space bar and toggle through the options available
until it does.
Tab down to OK and press enter.

Dondi

Since upgrading from JFW6.2 to JFW11, I have found when using certain
programs
namely, the SendSpace Wizard, when viewing folders in the remote browser
folder
names are proceeded by, Jaws announcing "Graphics" then the folder name.
This
occasionally happens in a couple of other programs as well. Otherwise, JFW11
is
working great. I am using Windows XP, I have checked the basic settings in
JFW11 without success , it's not a critical problem, just annoying, can
anyone
help?

Marion

Marion Woods <marion_woods38@...>

Hi Dondi,

Thanks for the info, it worked fine, I had to navigate to the graphics verbosity
a different way, but the result was the same.
Many thanks,

Marion