JFW and Office 2010

Eileen L <Eileen_may@...>

I need help learning to use Office 2010 with JFW version 13.

I have been using Office XP Pro and going to Office 2010 is a nightmare.

Can someone give me a list of what has to be removed from Outlook 2010 such
as the reading Pane and how to do it? Also, any other suggestions as to how
to use Office 2010.

Thanks for any help,

Eileen

David <davidwhitehead1957@...>

Hello Eileen;

First,
Here's a link which will provide you with a comprehensive list of shortcut
keystrokes for outlook;
Also, assuming you have the jaws virtual ribbon off,
To deal with the
Reading pane do the following;
From the inbox of outlook;
Presss alt+v=view,
Now, press the letters, P&n
Now, you have choice,
Use the tab key,
Until you hear,
Off,
Press enter.
Also for the navigation pane, should be set on normal,
To check this,
Alt+v=view,
Now press the letter "P"
Also you may want to turn off the to-do-bar off,
Alt+v=view,
Now press the letter "b".

The link for the outlook keystrokes is:

Hello there;

Give the following a whirl;

http://www.shortcutworld.com/en/win/Outlook_2010.html

I need help learning to use Office 2010 with JFW version 13.

I have been using Office XP Pro and going to Office 2010 is a nightmare.

Can someone give me a list of what has to be removed from Outlook 2010 such
as the reading Pane and how to do it? Also, any other suggestions as to how
to use Office 2010.

Thanks for any help,

Eileen

Kimsan <kimsansong@...>

What purpose does that serve when turning off the to do bar vs minimize or
normal?

I need help learning to use Office 2010 with JFW version 13.

I have been using Office XP Pro and going to Office 2010 is a nightmare.

Can someone give me a list of what has to be removed from Outlook 2010 such
as the reading Pane and how to do it? Also, any other suggestions as to how
to use Office 2010.

Thanks for any help,

Eileen

Eileen L <Eileen_may@...>

Thanks so much. This is what I was asking for.

I have another question. I looked on the link that you provided for a short
cut to get to the new mail message or whatever it is called. It is when I
want to start a new message. I couldn't find a short cut key for it and I
just have to do the JAWS key and look all over to find where it is.

I miss being able to pull down menus and find things.

Thanks, again

Eileen

I need help learning to use Office 2010 with JFW version 13.

I have been using Office XP Pro and going to Office 2010 is a nightmare.

Can someone give me a list of what has to be removed from Outlook 2010 such
as the reading Pane and how to do it? Also, any other suggestions as to how
to use Office 2010.

Thanks for any help,

Eileen

George B

new mail message is control n

I need help learning to use Office 2010 with JFW version 13.

I have been using Office XP Pro and going to Office 2010 is a
nightmare.

Can someone give me a list of what has to be removed from Outlook 2010
such
as the reading Pane and how to do it? Also, any other suggestions as
to how
to use Office 2010.

Thanks for any help,

Eileen

Dean Martineau <dean@...>

To start a new message is and has been for a long time ctrl+n.

Dean

I need help learning to use Office 2010 with JFW version 13.

I have been using Office XP Pro and going to Office 2010 is a nightmare.

Can someone give me a list of what has to be removed from Outlook 2010 such
as the reading Pane and how to do it? Also, any other suggestions as to how
to use Office 2010.

Thanks for any help,

Eileen

Cristóbal

At least in Office 2003, it's control+n if you're in the Inbox list view,
but if you're anywhere else, control+shift+m will open a new message. Since
so many other keystrokes carried over, then maybe this holds tru to form as
well.

To start a new message is and has been for a long time ctrl+n.

Dean

I need help learning to use Office 2010 with JFW version 13.

I have been using Office XP Pro and going to Office 2010 is a nightmare.

Can someone give me a list of what has to be removed from Outlook 2010 such
as the reading Pane and how to do it? Also, any other suggestions as to how
to use Office 2010.

Thanks for any help,

Eileen

David <davidwhitehead1957@...>

Hello there;
To create new message in outlook2010,
Ctrl+n=new message.

I need help learning to use Office 2010 with JFW version 13.

I have been using Office XP Pro and going to Office 2010 is a nightmare.

Can someone give me a list of what has to be removed from Outlook 2010 such
as the reading Pane and how to do it? Also, any other suggestions as to how
to use Office 2010.

Thanks for any help,

Eileen

michael grove <attackfisherman1@...>

Dear Ilean, I remember what it was like to adjust from three to seven and
above. I really liked the drop down menus as well. I have to tell you that
jaws has a feature called the virtual ribbon, and this will let you navigate
the menus like you are used to. Also all of the short cut keys that you are
used to using will still work. Hope this helps you. mike

To start a new message is and has been for a long time ctrl+n.

Dean

I need help learning to use Office 2010 with JFW version 13.

I have been using Office XP Pro and going to Office 2010 is a nightmare.

Can someone give me a list of what has to be removed from Outlook 2010 such
as the reading Pane and how to do it? Also, any other suggestions as to how
to use Office 2010.

Thanks for any help,

Eileen

Eileen L <Eileen_may@...>

How do I turn on the virtual ribbon that you are talking about?

Thanks,

Eileen

To start a new message is and has been for a long time ctrl+n.

Dean

I need help learning to use Office 2010 with JFW version 13.

I have been using Office XP Pro and going to Office 2010 is a nightmare.

Can someone give me a list of what has to be removed from Outlook 2010 such
as the reading Pane and how to do it? Also, any other suggestions as to how
to use Office 2010.

Thanks for any help,

Eileen

Dondi

Hi,

I think you can do it this way.
Press insert+6 to open the setting center.
Press Control+Shift+D for the default configuration file all applications.
Do a search for virtual ribbon. .
Arrow down and make sure it says checked.
If it doesn't press the space bar to toggle it between checked and
unchecked.
Tab to OK and press space bar.

Dondi

How do I turn on the virtual ribbon that you are talking about?

Thanks,

Eileen

To start a new message is and has been for a long time ctrl+n.

Dean

I need help learning to use Office 2010 with JFW version 13.

I have been using Office XP Pro and going to Office 2010 is a nightmare.

Can someone give me a list of what has to be removed from Outlook 2010 such
as the reading Pane and how to do it? Also, any other suggestions as to how
to use Office 2010.

Thanks for any help,

Eileen

Dave...

Eileen,

Do you have JAWS 12 or JAWS 13? Virtual Ribbon was introduced with JAWS 12.

Dave Carlson

How do I turn on the virtual ribbon that you are talking about?

Thanks,

Eileen

To start a new message is and has been for a long time ctrl+n.

Dean

I need help learning to use Office 2010 with JFW version 13.

I have been using Office XP Pro and going to Office 2010 is a nightmare.

Can someone give me a list of what has to be removed from Outlook 2010 such
as the reading Pane and how to do it? Also, any other suggestions as to how
to use Office 2010.

Thanks for any help,

Eileen

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

Also check the training materials available on learning the virtual ribbon.
CTS MASTERING: PROFESSIONAL MIXING AND MASTERING! Clear True Sound: www.ctsmastering.com --

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. Seamlessly share with your friends and colleagues. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/bQ2GuIt

Eileen L <Eileen_may@...>

I have JFW version 13.

Eileen

Do you have JAWS 12 or JAWS 13? Virtual Ribbon was introduced with JAWS 12.

Dave Carlson
How do I turn on the virtual ribbon that you are talking about?

Thanks,

Eileen

To start a new message is and has been for a long time ctrl+n.

Dean

I need help learning to use Office 2010 with JFW version 13.

I have been using Office XP Pro and going to Office 2010 is a nightmare.

Can someone give me a list of what has to be removed from Outlook 2010 such
as the reading Pane and how to do it? Also, any other suggestions as to how
to use Office 2010.

Thanks for any help,

Eileen

Eileen L <Eileen_may@...>

I did the first two steps, but could not find any reference to the virtual
ribbon.

Eileen

How do I turn on the virtual ribbon that you are talking about?

Thanks,

Eileen

To start a new message is and has been for a long time ctrl+n.

Dean

I need help learning to use Office 2010 with JFW version 13.

I have been using Office XP Pro and going to Office 2010 is a nightmare.

Can someone give me a list of what has to be removed from Outlook 2010 such
as the reading Pane and how to do it? Also, any other suggestions as to how
to use Office 2010.

Thanks for any help,

Eileen

Dondi

Hi,

I don't know what to say it works for me in 12 and 13. Does the virtual
ribbon search come up with any results? I know I just did it in JAWS 13 and
I had to do insert+tab to get JAWS to tell me what the results were that I
just arrowed down too. Maybe somebody with more experience can step in with
some advice?

Dondi