From: "Dale Reardon" <dale@dalereardon.com>
To: <jfw@lists.the-jdh.com>
Sent: Monday, December 26, 2011 10:53 PM
Subject: Following twitter accounts

Hi,

I am using Jfw13 and IE9.

When I click on twitter links on people's websites to follow them I get
taken to a twitter page/website where I'm told by my sighted wife that there
is a follow button to activate. However Jaws doesn't seem to detect it and
won't let me activate it.

Does anyone know a way around this?

Thanks,

Dale.
Check out my new website commentary on discrimination and consumer issues
http://www.dalereardon.com.au

Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@...>

Try AccessibleTwitter.com.

On 12/26/2011 10:53 PM, Dale Reardon wrote:
Hi,

I am using Jfw13 and IE9.

When I click on twitter links on people's websites to follow them I get
taken to a twitter page/website where I'm told by my sighted wife that there
is a follow button to activate. However Jaws doesn't seem to detect it and
won't let me activate it.

Does anyone know a way around this?

Thanks,

Dale.
Check out my new website commentary on discrimination and consumer issues
http://www.dalereardon.com.au

Stephanie Switzer

There's a more updated program. It's called "The Qube" You should
download that instead of "qwitter" seeing as Qwitter is no longer
being developed. You can find it at:
http://quartzprojects.co.uk/
It's still in beta stage, but the developer welcomes feedback from the
people using the program.

On 12/26/11, Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@aol.com> wrote:
Try AccessibleTwitter.com.

On 12/26/2011 10:53 PM, Dale Reardon wrote:
Hi,

I am using Jfw13 and IE9.

When I click on twitter links on people's websites to follow them I get
taken to a twitter page/website where I'm told by my sighted wife that
there
is a follow button to activate. However Jaws doesn't seem to detect it
and
won't let me activate it.

Does anyone know a way around this?

Thanks,

Dale.
Check out my new website commentary on discrimination and consumer issues
http://www.dalereardon.com.au

Stephanie Switzer

Here is another program that is a "fork of the no longer developed
Qwitter program" In case you don't like "The qube":
http://twitmonger.shaned.net/

On 12/27/11, Stephanie Switzer <emmanrusty@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Shane Davidson <shane@...>

Twitmonger is another spin off if all your looking for is a twitter only
client.
http://twitmonger.shaned.net
take care.

[...]

Lol. I just posted that.
Twitmonger is a spin off and only has twitter support and nothing else.
So if that's all yoru doing, twitmonger's your best bet.
Yes it's still in early dev, but is being actively worked on.

[...]

Shane.
I guess great minds think alike. lol.

Agent-Smith <matt.excalibur78@...>

On 12/27/2011 1:50 AM, Stephanie Switzer wrote:
[...]

Yes, the Qube is a great program. However, there isn't any key command for approving or denying people who request to follow your twitter account, if you have this feature enabled.
For that, one still needs to log into twitter.com and approve manually.
I am using JAWS 13 and Firefox 9.0.1. I have to route jaws to PC and left-click on the accept or deny buttons for them to work.
I also left-click on the follow button, if I'm not already following that person who wishes to be accepted on my account.