Just installed JAWS 13

Dondi

Hi everyone,

I have just installed JAWS 13 but I am having a bit of a problem. JAWS 13
says "Your current authorization is for an earlier version of this Freedom
Scientific product". If I continue and do the whole internet registration
activation it says the activation was successful and JAWS needs to restart
but when I restart JAWS it just continues saying the same thing. I thought
when you installed the new version of JAWS that it would just use the
registration code of JAWS 12? Anybody have any ideas?

Dondi

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

Dondi, were you authorized for the upgrade? What's the status of your SMA?
CTS MASTERING: PROFESSIONAL MIXING AND MASTERING! Clear True Sound: www.ctsmastering.com --

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. Seamlessly share with your friends and colleagues. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/bQ2GuIt

Chris Smart <csmart8@...>

forget my reply, Dave probably has it correct. *grin*
CTS MASTERING: PROFESSIONAL MIXING AND MASTERING! Clear True Sound: www.ctsmastering.com --

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. Seamlessly share with your friends and colleagues. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/bQ2GuIt

Dondi

Chris,

I'll tell you anyway if you are interested. I went to Freedom Scientific and
checked and their web page said I'm authorized for two upgrades. But I'll
call them in the morning and see what they have to say.

Dondi

forget my reply, Dave probably has it correct. *grin*
CTS MASTERING: PROFESSIONAL MIXING AND MASTERING! Clear True Sound:
www.ctsmastering.com --

Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. Seamlessly share with
your friends and colleagues. 2GB account is free!
http://db.tt/bQ2GuIt

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Which version? The version on the disk preceded the fix, which, I
believe, came in the November maintenance release. I worked a tandem
with FS back on November 8 to get mine in.

I have just installed JAWS 13 but I am having a bit of a problem. JAWS
13
says "Your current authorization is for an earlier version of this
Freedom
Scientific product". If I continue and do the whole internet
registration
activation it says the activation was successful and JAWS needs to
restart
but when I restart JAWS it just continues saying the same thing. I
thought
when you installed the new version of JAWS that it would just use the
registration code of JAWS 12? Anybody have any ideas?

Dondi

donnie harris <harris.donnie@...>

I had the same problem and I have had the same problem for the last 2 or 3
years. So here is what I do to activate1. I choose to activate by phone,
that is one of the options if you arrow down when you hear (activate via the
internet)
2. You will need to choose configure manually.
3. You will need 3 numbers, a 30 digit number called the 30 digit serial
number, also called your 30 digit activaction code)
4 your 20 digit authorization number.activation number.
5. Your locking code. You can find your locking code in the help section
under about Jaws. You will have to route your Jaws to your p c curser.
For the 30 and the 20 digit numbers you will need to call F.S. with your
normal serial number and they can give you these other numbers.
I think that my fire wall is preventing this from doing it's job and have
learned to do this, it isn't hard at all.
Good luck, Donnie Harris.

I have just installed JAWS 13 but I am having a bit of a problem. JAWS 13
says "Your current authorization is for an earlier version of this Freedom
Scientific product". If I continue and do the whole internet registration
activation it says the activation was successful and JAWS needs to restart
but when I restart JAWS it just continues saying the same thing. I thought
when you installed the new version of JAWS that it would just use the
registration code of JAWS 12? Anybody have any ideas?

Dondi

David <davidwhitehead1957@...>

Hello there;

As I mentioned in a message quite a while back,
If you've gone to fs activate.com,
And you've verified that you have keys available,
Then?
Perhaps if your using windows 7,
The uac, "user account control" is stopping/blocking
The activation process.
I've experienced this behavior with a couple of my clients computers.
So, I turned off the UAC,
Went through the activation process,
And everything worked well,
Then I went back and turned on the UAC.