JAWS 13 Doesn't read attachments

Marquette, Ed <Ed.Marquette@...>

All:
I've had to switch back to JAWS 12, temporarily, I hope.
For those of you using Outlook 2003, you know there are two ways (at least) of accessing email attachments:
1. From the Inbox listing, one can right-click, press shift plus F-10, or press the Applications key to produce a list of choices. One has a submenu called "View attachments."
In JAWS 12, I can see 13 attachments to this particular message I have. Only one attachment shows up in JAWS 13. This is a huge problem.
2. When in the message, by pressing control plus shift plus o, one can change the format to plain text. This puts all the attachments up in an attachment box. In JAWS 13, when I arrow along in that box, all I hear is semicolon. In JAWS 12, the attachment is identified, the file attachment name, and the size are stated.
If this has been mentioned before, I apologize. I've only been distractedly following the list of late. I'd like to know if this has been reported as a nasty bug. We should be moving to Office 10 soon. So, perhaps this is only a matter of historical significance.
Nevertheless, for the present, in this regard, JAWS 13 is definitely a step backwards. This makes JAWS 13 a non-starter for me. Wonder if I can get my wasted SMA back and wait for JAWS 14? I think it will likely snow in Hades first. <SMILE>

#############################################################################################################
ANY FEDERAL TAX ADVICE CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE SHOULD NOT BE USED OR REFERRED TO IN THE PROMOTING, MARKETING OR
RECOMMENDING OF ANY ENTITY, INVESTMENT PLAN OR ARRANGEMENT, AND SUCH ADVICE IS NOT INTENDED OR WRITTEN TO BE USED,
AND CANNOT BE USED, BY A TAXPAYER FOR THE PURPOSE OF AVOIDING PENALTIES UNDER THE INTERNAL REVENUE CODE.
#############################################################################################################
This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information
that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.

Peter Holdstock <ptrholdstock@...>

It will be a simple answer of labelling the correct graphic. As I don't use Outlook I don't know what the graphic number is but if you have a few messages without attachments that are read, and your one with attachments is read then you can tell which is the right graphic as the one with attachments will be the only one. To label the graphic move to the message with the attachments, then go to the verbocity menu and turn on to show all grpahics, then turn on the JAWS cursor and control arrow to the left until you get to the graphic. Then press insert G and label the graphic as attachment.

Peter

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2011 9:15 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: JAWS 13 Doesn't read attachments

All:
For those of you using Outlook 2003, you know there are two ways (at least) of accessing email attachments:
1. From the Inbox listing, one can right-click, press shift plus F-10, or press the Applications key to produce a list of choices. One has a submenu called "View attachments."
In JAWS 12, I can see 13 attachments to this particular message I have. Only one attachment shows up in JAWS 13. This is a huge problem.
2. When in the message, by pressing control plus shift plus o, one can change the format to plain text. This puts all the attachments up in an attachment box. In JAWS 13, when I arrow along in that box, all I hear is semicolon. In JAWS 12, the attachment is identified, the file attachment name, and the size are stated.
If this has been mentioned before, I apologize. I've only been distractedly following the list of late. I'd like to know if this has been reported as a nasty bug. We should be moving to Office 10 soon. So, perhaps this is only a matter of historical significance.
Nevertheless, for the present, in this regard, JAWS 13 is definitely a step backwards. This makes JAWS 13 a non-starter for me. Wonder if I can get my wasted SMA back and wait for JAWS 14? I think it will likely snow in Hades first. <SMILE>

ANY FEDERAL TAX ADVICE CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE SHOULD NOT BE USED OR REFERRED TO IN THE PROMOTING, MARKETING OR
RECOMMENDING OF ANY ENTITY, INVESTMENT PLAN OR ARRANGEMENT, AND SUCH ADVICE IS NOT INTENDED OR WRITTEN TO BE USED,
AND CANNOT BE USED, BY A TAXPAYER FOR THE PURPOSE OF AVOIDING PENALTIES UNDER THE INTERNAL REVENUE CODE.
This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information
that is privileged, attorney work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete this E-mail message.
Thank you.

Adrian Spratt

I am using JAWS version 13.0.527, the update released prior to the one that
came out earlier this week, and Outlook 2003. I go to attachments with
insert-a and am experiencing no new difficulties locating all items there.

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Marquette, Ed
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2011 4:16 PM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: JAWS 13 Doesn't read attachments

All:
For those of you using Outlook 2003, you know there are two ways (at least)
of accessing email attachments:
1. From the Inbox listing, one can right-click, press shift plus F-10, or
press the Applications key to produce a list of choices. One has a submenu
called "View attachments."
In JAWS 12, I can see 13 attachments to this particular message I have.
Only one attachment shows up in JAWS 13. This is a huge problem.
2. When in the message, by pressing control plus shift plus o, one can
change the format to plain text. This puts all the attachments up in an
attachment box. In JAWS 13, when I arrow along in that box, all I hear is
semicolon. In JAWS 12, the attachment is identified, the file attachment
name, and the size are stated.
If this has been mentioned before, I apologize. I've only been distractedly
following the list of late. I'd like to know if this has been reported as a
nasty bug. We should be moving to Office 10 soon. So, perhaps this is only
a matter of historical significance.
Nevertheless, for the present, in this regard, JAWS 13 is definitely a step
backwards. This makes JAWS 13 a non-starter for me. Wonder if I can get my
wasted SMA back and wait for JAWS 14? I think it will likely snow in Hades
first. <SMILE>

############################################################################
#################################
ANY FEDERAL TAX ADVICE CONTAINED IN THIS MESSAGE SHOULD NOT BE USED OR
REFERRED TO IN THE PROMOTING, MARKETING OR RECOMMENDING OF ANY ENTITY,
INVESTMENT PLAN OR ARRANGEMENT, AND SUCH ADVICE IS NOT INTENDED OR WRITTEN
TO BE USED, AND CANNOT BE USED, BY A TAXPAYER FOR THE PURPOSE OF AVOIDING
PENALTIES UNDER THE INTERNAL REVENUE CODE.
This E-mail message is confidential, is intended only for the named
recipient(s) above and may contain information that is privileged, attorney
work product or otherwise protected by applicable law. If you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender at 402-346-6000 and delete
this E-mail message.
Thank you.